Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #6

Back to "in conference play" for all "eight" schools....26-6 on the year.

Ben Davis @ Lawrence North:  The Giants came back to earth last week and sweated one out against Warren after continually shooting themselves in the foot (17 penalties), facing a freshman quarterback and allowing Warren to score two special teams touchdowns.  They can't afford to do it again, especially on the road against a good LN squad coming off its first loss of the season.  I am still not sure who the second best team in the MIC is but LN is right there in the conversation.  They hang around before losing late.  BD wins 30-24.

Center Grove @ Lawrence North:  Trojans return to the "road" for the first time since the opening week and play an in-state team for the first time.  The Bears have been extremely underwhelming though I expect them to get up for this one.  I'll say its close in the first half and then CG pulls away,,,31-17.

North Central @ Carmel:  I had to do a double take this morning...17 losses in a row for NC?  Really?  Make it 18 as Carmel figured some things out last week.  Carmel wins 34-0.

Pike @ Warren Central:  Surely the folks on the east side would scoff at the notion that their Warriors earned a moral victory last week against BD but I am not one of them.  Warriors showed fight despite losing their QB early to injury and a couple other defensive keys later.  They'll get back in the win column this week with an easy breather against lowly Pike.  Warriors win comfortably.  31-10.

What say you?

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

Back to "in conference play" for all "eight" schools....26-6 on the year.

Ben Davis @ Lawrence North:  The Giants came back to earth last week and sweated one out against Warren after continually shooting themselves in the foot (17 penalties), facing a freshman quarterback and allowing Warren to score two special teams touchdowns.  They can't afford to do it again, especially on the road against a good LN squad coming off its first loss of the season.  I am still not sure who the second best team in the MIC is but LN is right there in the conversation.  They hang around before losing late.  BD wins 30-24.

Center Grove @ Lawrence North:  Trojans return to the "road" for the first time since the opening week and play an in-state team for the first time.  The Bears have been extremely underwhelming though I expect them to get up for this one.  I'll say its close in the first half and then CG pulls away,,,31-17.

North Central @ Carmel:  I had to do a double take this morning...17 losses in a row for NC?  Really?  Make it 18 as Carmel figured some things out last week.  Carmel wins 34-0.

Pike @ Warren Central:  Surely the folks on the east side would scoff at the notion that their Warriors earned a moral victory last week against BD but I am not one of them.  Warriors showed fight despite losing their QB early to injury and a couple other defensive keys later.  They'll get back in the win column this week with an easy breather against lowly Pike.  Warriors win comfortably.  31-10.

What say you?

Typo: Center Grove @ Lawrence North should be Center Grove @ Lawrence Central

I'm worried about the LN/Ben Davis game. The Giants cannot play anywhere close to the way they did against Warren and be successful. That said, with all the mistakes, that's a game they would have lost in the recent past. They got lucky, and they did enough to win. 

I agree largely with your picks. Poor North Central. In 2019, they were MIC co-champs. In 2020, they were competitive and in the hunt. The drop has been precipitous. Hopefully Derek Hart can turn it around.

• Like 2