Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Frederick Douglas (Lexington, KY)

5 hours ago, gindie said:

I live in Ohio, originally from Indiana.  The only game I've seen in OH in the past several years was Penn at Cincinnati St. Xavier and I can't remember if they had the 40-second clock.  But, I do know (from that game) that their mercy rule is such that they go back to regular timing if the score difference goes back under the threshold.  Also, I remember in a Ben Davis at Cincinnati Elder game from many years ago that they put the ball on the 20 for overtime.

I believe they do have the 40 second clock, that being said many Ohio schools do not have on field play clocks. The QB has to confirm the time with the Referee.

6 hours ago, gindie said:

I live in Ohio, originally from Indiana.  The only game I've seen in OH in the past several years was Penn at Cincinnati St. Xavier and I can't remember if they had the 40-second clock.  But, I do know (from that game) that their mercy rule is such that they go back to regular timing if the score difference goes back under the threshold.  Also, I remember in a Ben Davis at Cincinnati Elder game from many years ago that they put the ball on the 20 for overtime.

Mercy Rule also is by State adoption.   Sorry about that. 

OT thing was incorrect.   NFHS standard 

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

I believe they do have the 40 second clock, that being said many Ohio schools do not have on field play clocks. The QB has to confirm the time with the Referee.

In the beginning of the Cathedral/LaSalle game, last night, I kept looking for the play clock.  I should know better after all the trips to Ohio that there ain't no clocks on the field.

5 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Mercy Rule also is by State adoption.   Sorry about that. 

OT thing was incorrect.   NFHS standard 

Mercy rule:  Thanks for the info.

OT:  I Googled to see what their current rules are.  Ohio evidently not adhering to NFHS standard, per items 2 and 8 in this document:  https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/files/Sports/Football/2022/FBOvertimeRules2022.pdf

Edited by gindie
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

In the beginning of the Cathedral/LaSalle game, last night, I kept looking for the play clock.  I should know better after all the trips to Ohio that there ain't no clocks on the field.

Ya sure you didn't "time travel" back to Jimtown a few years ago?  

The legacy of the great Bill Sharpe!  

• Haha 1