Gibson Southern at Mount Vernon ©, 7 pm
Pike Central at Forest Park ©, 6 pm
Princeton at Heritage Hills ©, 7 pm
South Spencer at North Central, 6:30 pm
Southridge at North Posey ©, 6:30 pm
Tell City at Tecumseh ©, 7 pm
Washington at Boonville ©, 6:30 pm

Dang....title should be week 8...sorry.

The only thing I'll say in regards to the upcoming Friday games is kuddos to NP and the turnaround from one year to the next. Even though it is a lot of the same kids playing, they look like a completely different team than the 49-0 loss from last year. 

As an aside - it is interesting to me how school's are allowed to have different code-of-conduct policies. Not saying what is right or wrong - but it seems like that should be an uniform thing across the conference?? I guess it would be hard to regulate? I guess schools would argue they know what is best for their athletes...but it seems weird that one kid might have to miss ___ # of games for something - but another kid at another school might only miss ___ # of games for the same thing?? 

Oh well, should be a good one on Friday. 

41 minutes ago, jets said:

The only thing I'll say in regards to the upcoming Friday games is kuddos to NP and the turnaround from one year to the next. Even though it is a lot of the same kids playing, they look like a completely different team than the 49-0 loss from last year. 

As an aside - it is interesting to me how school's are allowed to have different code-of-conduct policies. Not saying what is right or wrong - but it seems like that should be an uniform thing across the conference?? I guess it would be hard to regulate? I guess schools would argue they know what is best for their athletes...but it seems weird that one kid might have to miss ___ # of games for something - but another kid at another school might only miss ___ # of games for the same thing?? 

Oh well, should be a good one on Friday. 

I disagree.  The last thing we want is a conference governing anything related to our students, especially discipline. Although policies might differ from school to school with regard to the degree of punishment for certain misdeeds, that is perfectly "fair".  Students know their schools policy going in....do the crime, do the time.

57 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I disagree.  The last thing we want is a conference governing anything related to our students, especially discipline. Although policies might differ from school to school with regard to the degree of punishment for certain misdeeds, that is perfectly "fair".  Students know their schools policy going in....do the crime, do the time.

Touché- and I can see that point as well. What’s good for one may not be good for the other. It’s ok to agree to disagree.  

Just something I wasn’t aware of (the differences in C.O.C policies)- I just assumed that generally it would be the same at most schools. 

Moving on…

Gibson Southern @ Mt. Vernon - The Wildcats of Posey have no shot in this game unless The Monstars invade Earth and steal the Titans talent.

Pike Central @ Forest Park - The Rangers defend their forest and get the win with ease.

Princeton @ Heritage Hills - The Tigers will ironically be welcomed to the jungle but not in a nice way. Patriots win with a running clock.

South Spencer @ North Central - Tough game to call here. I will take NC just because they're at home and Thunderbirds is cooler than Rebels.

Southridge @ North Posey - GAME OF THE WEEK! Could go either way but I like the Vikings and their strong defense to win at home.

Tell City @ Tecumseh - The Braves are allergic to getting stops on defense. The Marksmen put up 40+ and get the win.

Washington @ Boonville - The Hatchets are dull this week as they head into BoonCity and get shattered by the Pioneers.

Edited by Football Fanatic
  • Like 1

Titan's by the numbers this week!

Titan Numbers

4- The Titans with a win would clinch at least a share of their 4th straight PAC Large School Championship.

278- Passing yards in the first half last Friday for quarterback Tanner Boyd.

8- Different Titan receivers caught a pass last week.

4- First half touchdowns for senior Sean DeLong in the first half last Friday.

4- Interceptions on the season for sophomore Zach Foster.

9- Pass break ups for senior corner Mason Scheller.

16- Tackles for a loss for sophomore Brody Klem.

1390-1304- Balance.  The Titans through 7 games have 1390 rushing yards and 1304 passing yards on the season.

1821- Combined passing and rushing yards for quarterback Tanner Boyd.

923- Combined rushing and receiving yards for senior Sean DeLong.

30- Consecutive PATs made for junior Cam Novotny.

3- Consecutive FG made for Novotny.

2- Fumble recoveries on the season for junior Connor Wirey.

50- Tackles for a loss this season for the Titan defense.