Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 23

14 hours ago, troyfan said:

T12, i'm sure JR, JM and the whole team only cares about getting a road win with everyone returning healthy. If that happens...the record falls next week at home. 

Never said they cared about that stuff. However,  as fans we're allowed to look at things like that.

1 hour ago, Trojan12 said:

Never said they cared about that stuff. However,  as fans we're allowed to look at things like that.

Absolutely we are as fans can look and ask about those kind of things, my reply, point, and opinion was that the teams focus was/is on winning, not individual records or margin of victory. 

That said, JR did brake the record last night and the Artesians did keep it close the first half.  

Bad Boyz keep getting it done. Onto sectional final. Nice running attack last night. Ringer as advertised!! 7 td's wow. Over 300 yards rushing. My vote for Mr football. One of the best players in indiana on one of the best teams in indiana!! Good luck next week, keep it rolling!!!!

On 10/28/2023 at 7:55 PM, turf tripper said:

Bad Boyz keep getting it done. Onto sectional final. Nice running attack last night. Ringer as advertised!! 7 td's wow. Over 300 yards rushing. My vote for Mr football. One of the best players in indiana on one of the best teams in indiana!! Good luck next week, keep it rolling!!!!

looking forward to this weekends home game and a possible sectional 23 championship. EC matches up real well across the board with green-woody, and though they had some wins against some pretty good teams this year, them bAd bOyZ are focused, determined and should be able to repeat their dominant ways. 

EC wins by 35+

Hats off to the Artesians for a great gplan and great execution last friday....them trick plays and quick passes had our D on their heels in the 1st half.  Kudos to coach Dugger and his staff....i watched his interview on MHS rewind earlier in the week and he was able to have his squad execute most of what he said they needed to do to keep the game close and have a chance.  In the end they just didn't have enough in the well (sorry for the pun) to keep up.

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

I didn't read the fine print...what if someone stays within 27 BEFORE the state championship?

this was a north vs south thing originally

i already got my toe to worry about before the state championship

Edited by Rodney

On 10/30/2023 at 3:14 PM, troyfan said:

looking forward to this weekends home game and a possible sectional 23 championship. EC matches up real well across the board with green-woody, and though they had some wins against some pretty good teams this year, them bAd bOyZ are focused, determined and should be able to repeat their dominant ways. 

EC wins by 35+

Hats off to the Artesians for a great gplan and great execution last friday....them trick plays and quick passes had our D on their heels in the 1st half.  Kudos to coach Dugger and his staff....i watched his interview on MHS rewind earlier in the week and he was able to have his squad execute most of what he said they needed to do to keep the game close and have a chance.  In the end they just didn't have enough in the well (sorry for the pun) to keep up.

Great points. Respect to Martinsville for being very aggressive and passionate. That is good coaching and execution. EC had plenty of penalties to inhibit themselves and aid Artesians, but Martinsville's play may have had something to do with that. It was a real mullet battle for awhile. Martinsville just didn't have enough RC's and moon pies or piss and vinegar to keep the pressure on after that fifth EC td late first half. Feisty but overmatched. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

EC will mulch Greenwood up front, where the action is decided. Also, Trojans have more quickness. 

I've watched a couple of Greenwoody games from IHSAA replay....they have a good passing attack that will certainly challenge the Trojans "D", and I'm sure they reviewed what Mville did successfully so EC should expect the same.

I believe the game will be close in the first half with both teams trading big play house calls, but the bAd bOyZ do a great job of h-time adjustments and should pull away in the 2nd half.

Woody don't have an axe big enough to cut down the ReDwood & BlacK attack.  

I find the two hour travel either way for EC or Martinsville/Mooresville/Greenwood to be a factor in these matchups if the teams are close in ability-which they have not been the last three years. The only one that could have been competitive was the 21 game at Mooresville in the cold, driving rain which really negated Mooresville pass/catch effectiveness (EC was still going to run all over/around).