Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Heartland Sectionals

30 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Frontier or WC, didn't matter. 

I stuck with TC and they pulled it off.  They will not be so fortunate this week.

Congrats to them. They played as well as they needed to. Got some help with some very very poor officiating. But they're playing this week and WC isnt so good luck to them.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gap Down Backer said:

Bluffton- Bluffton does what Eastern doesn't play well- physical in your face run game

Sheridan is well known for their run offense and Eastern did a pretty good job containing it. One of Sheridan's worst performances all year by far but credit to Eastern on bending but not breaking at the end of the day. I don't have a ton of knowledge on Bluffton here but if they are physical in your face run game much like Sheridan, Eastern may be ready for it. Not going to give the nod to Eastern but would love to see them give Bluffton a good game.

22 hours ago, FootballGuy18 said:

As someone who also officiates and knows how hard it can be, it just wasn't their best night.

Were you at the game?  If you were, what level do you officiate as you would think you would have been working Friday night.

It may be better to admit that the MWC just wasn't very good.  North White loses to a 1-8 team and WC loses to a 4-6 Tri Central team.  That might be more of a reason than blaming 'poor officiating'.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Were you at the game?  If you were, what level do you officiate as you would think you would have been working Friday night.

It may be better to admit that the MWC just wasn't very good.  North White loses to a 1-8 team and WC loses to a 4-6 Tri Central team.  That might be more of a reason than blaming 'poor officiating'.

I was at the game. MWC probably is weaker but  I don't know the official yardage of penalties tri central maybe had 2 penalties and WC had 10+ at least but seemed like the refs were out to get WC. Even in pregame harassing the kids multiple times threatening to eject them before the game started for having their back plates showing while Tri-Central did the same thing as does every high schooler.

Edited by FootballGuy18

18 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Im also not taking anything away from TC they played a very good 2nd half offensively. 

3 hours ago, FootballGuy18 said:

I was at the game. MWC probably is weaker but  I don't know the official yardage of penalties tri central maybe had 2 penalties and WC had 10+ at least but seemed like the refs were out to get WC. Even in pregame harassing the kids multiple times threatening to eject them before the game started for having their back plates showing while Tri-Central did the same thing as does every high schooler.

Penalties

WC 9-95 yards

TC 6-60 yards

37 minutes ago, FootballGuy18 said:

Find that hard to believe considering WC had a 60-70yd td called back that had a "hold" and a personal foul on just the 1 play.

That play you speak of had 5 total penalties with 2 holding, block in the back and 2 personal fouls. Only the penalties that are accepted count towards the total stats. Both teams had several penalties that were not accepted.

On 11/5/2023 at 1:41 PM, Landrys Hat said:

congrats  to two hoosier heartland teams making it to regionals .

Im gonna go with Sheridan advancing 28-20.  

Carroll has improved from last year but not enough to take adams central four quarters.  I see Adams Central with a 42-14 victory. 

2 of the final 8 from HHC, let's see if we can get 1 of them through to Semi-State!

All four regional games are rematches from last year. Hoping for some different results across the board. I think both HHC teams have better results than last year, neither may win but I think they make the games closer this year.

AC over Carroll 28-14 (2022 AC won 35-0)
Carroll should be able to make this a game, at home, looking for revenge from last year. I think they have the talent to hang with AC.

ND over Sheridan 28-24 (2022 ND won 29-14)
I really want Sheridan to pull off the win but I think ND out coaches us again at the end of the day. 1 big turnover could be the difference.

14 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Blasphemy !

ND may beat Sheridan with the athletes on the field but I don’t see Bud getting out coached!!!

You must not be watching much Sheridan football then... and it's mostly the defensive coach, defensive scheme is so poor and no adjustments ever made.
If you think running the same play on offense 3-4 times in a row consistently is good coaching, then I'm not sure what to tell you.
Outcoached at Eastern this year and last week at MC... If you want details, I am happy to provide them, if you know football it's all very obvious.

I respect Bud a lot for his outstanding record and place in History but that does not mean he has an advanced football mind; it simply is not the case if you watch in person.
I think when you coach for 60 years in 1A football there are going to be some good players/teams in that stretch... blind squirrel or broken clock references come to mind.
He should be praised for his longevity and giving that town some great years to be proud of, but can we stop with the ridiculous "Blasphemy" claims acting like the man is a god or untouchable to criticism. We should be able to speak the truth here and call a Spade a Spade.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

3 hours ago, khayward said:

You must not be watching much Sheridan football then... and it's mostly the defensive coach, defensive scheme is so poor and no adjustments ever made.
If you think running the same play on offense 3-4 times in a row consistently is good coaching, then I'm not sure what to tell you.
Outcoached at Eastern this year and last week at MC... If you want details, I am happy to provide them, if you know football it's all very obvious.

I respect Bud a lot for his outstanding record and place in History but that does not mean he has an advanced football mind; it simply is not the case if you watch in person.
I think when you coach for 60 years in 1A football there are going to be some good players/teams in that stretch... blind squirrel or broken clock references come to mind.
He should be praised for his longevity and giving that town some great years to be proud of, but can we stop with the ridiculous "Blasphemy" claims acting like the man is a god or untouchable to criticism. We should be able to speak the truth here and call a Spade a Spade.

I think you have overstepped here sir.  If you've never spoken with him or talked football with him, you need to keep your mouth shut.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  You can think what you want, but for what he has done for the Sheridan community and school system deserves some respect.

Uncalled for, totally uncalled for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

I think you have overstepped here sir.  If you've never spoken with him or talked football with him, you need to keep your mouth shut.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  You can think what you want, but for what he has done for the Sheridan community and school system deserves some respect.

Uncalled for, totally uncalled for.

Which part is uncalled for? I said I respected him and he should be praised etc. etc. Do I have to come to the alter you have for him and kiss the feet of his golden statue?
Again, you're proving my point, everyone loves to call "blasphemy" at the drop of a hat but not one person will answer the questions I have about the clear issues. Respond to those instead of crying for Bud Wright, he's surely taken plenty of criticism in his long tenure, this is nothing!
Tell me how running the same plays 3-4 times in a row consistently is good coaching.
Tell me how running the EXACT same defense, no changes, no adjustments, everyone 2 yards off the ball every play even in 3rd and 20+ is good coaching.

If you can't answer the questions and tell me how these and other coaching decisions are considered good coaching and make Sheridan coaching untouchable to criticism, then you need to keep your mouth shut.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

2 hours ago, khayward said:

Tell me how running the same plays 3-4 times in a row consistently is good coaching.

If it get you at least 4 yards each time then what is the problem?

"Four yards and a cloud of dust" will win you football games.

2 hours ago, khayward said:

Tell me how running the EXACT same defense, no changes, no adjustments, everyone 2 yards off the ball every play even in 3rd and 20+ is good coaching.

Now, that does sounds like a problem to me.

5 hours ago, khayward said:

Which part is uncalled for? I said I respected him and he should be praised etc. etc. Do I have to come to the alter you have for him and kiss the feet of his golden statue?
Again, you're proving my point, everyone loves to call "blasphemy" at the drop of a hat but not one person will answer the questions I have about the clear issues. Respond to those instead of crying for Bud Wright, he's surely taken plenty of criticism in his long tenure, this is nothing!

If you can't answer the questions and tell me how these and other coaching decisions are considered good coaching and make Sheridan coaching untouchable to criticism, then you need to keep your mouth shut.

Your original comment was not respectful.  If you want to act like a tough guy, you’ve come to the wrong place loudmouth.  

You’re a disrespectful dbag.  Don’t act like a badass with me.  You’re just a turd who thinks he knows it all.  What level have you coached and what are your accomplishments?  Don’t come back with the “I played football” argument either.  

I can’t wait for your big boy response.  Or your threats.  I’ll shut my mouth when I choose to bubba.

11 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

on my way

I’m back… fortunately we can watch replays of all the games khayward mentioned and more…. Looks to me like he either don’t know what he’s talking about or trying to lite a fire to get Sheridan motivated !

I did notice how much smaller Sheridan is from teams in the past but they do very well with what they have ! Also noticed in last week’s game that Monroe Centrals field has to be the bumpyest field I’ve ever seen !

Good luck Blackhawks… don’t wanna sse ND head coach win this game(or any game IMO ! ) !

1 hour ago, dazed and confused said:

I’m back… fortunately we can watch replays of all the games khayward mentioned and more…. Looks to me like he either don’t know what he’s talking about or trying to lite a fire to get Sheridan motivated !

I did notice how much smaller Sheridan is from teams in the past but they do very well with what they have ! Also noticed in last week’s game that Monroe Centrals field has to be the bumpyest field I’ve ever seen !

Good luck Blackhawks… don’t wanna sse ND head coach win this game(or any game IMO ! ) !

Last week, they were in some sort of trance the entire 1st half.  On the scoreboard, the game looked close, but when you look at the stats, it tells a VERY different story.  That's okay though.  I have no problem with people believing that Sheridan is no good, especially going into this game.

• Like 1