Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Offense Choosing Hash position?

US31

Question

4 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, US31 said:

My understanding is this can happen after a touchback and before a PAT....correct? are there other instances?  

If the ball was kicked OOB on a particular side BEFORE it reached the goal line.  You DO NOT have the option of choosing a hash.  The ball should be placed on the hash that the ball went OOB.  

If there is a penalty administration, that is marked off.  And the ball is STILL placed on the side the ball was kicked OOB.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, US31 said:

My understanding is this can happen after a touchback and before a PAT....correct? are there other instances?  

The team next to put the ball in play can place the ball anywhere between the hashes following a touchback, fair catch or awarded fair catch, on a try or free kick, and on 1st down in overtime. Have I missed one?

• Like 3

On 10/30/2023 at 5:19 PM, Bobref said:

The team next to put the ball in play can place the ball anywhere between the hashes following a touchback, fair catch or awarded fair catch, on a try or free kick, and on 1st down in overtime. Have I missed one?

So on the free kick following a fair catch - the "unusual rule" as referenced in this article:

https://highschool.si.com/california/2023/10/27/chaparral-beats-roosevelt-with-unusual-free-kick-earns-playoff-berth

Ball can be spotted anywhere for the kicker?  

Thanks. 

29 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

So on the free kick following a fair catch - the "unusual rule" as referenced in this article:

https://highschool.si.com/california/2023/10/27/chaparral-beats-roosevelt-with-unusual-free-kick-earns-playoff-berth

Ball can be spotted anywhere for the kicker?  

Thanks. 

In this case, YES.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1