Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Eliminator Poll (Week 13)

EC would love to play a tougher schedule. Coach Meiners has said as much during his tenure. However, there's some scheduling situations that they can't/won't get out of. They play 6 conference teams and their archrival Harrison(OH). That gives them 2 weeks to play with and they've filled that with Moeller(OH) and Roncalli. Lawrenceburg and Batesville were both ranked in the top 10 in 3a when they played and Moeller has been a top 5 d1 school in Ohio. 

Would EC be undefeated with a tougher schedule? Probably not.. However, I would take this years team in a 1 game scenario against just about anyone. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

The meat grinder of playing in the HCC would wear down East Central to the point where they might fall into the middle of the Indianapolis pack. But they didn't play a meat grinder of a schedule. They are healthy, fresh. Given that scenario, I think Temp is trying to say that East Central could beat anyone in the state not named Ben Davis in a one game scenario this time of year. That's how I'm perceiving it. If they played Cathedral's schedule, they might barely be cracking the Top Ten. That would be asking a lot of a school that size. 

Nah, they could beat BD under the right circumstances also.  Not likely but I’d give em a puncher’s chance.

35 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

It is interesting that Temp picked Center Grove over Ben Davis, even though he has BD #1 in his poll 

Yep.  Shows the amount of respect I have for the consistency of the CG program and their head coach.

Westfield beats new pal by 20. A final 4 team, or maybe better in 6a. If ec beats new pal by 40, don't be surprised. Ec could beat anyone in the state this year. That's just the damn truth. They are that good.

3 minutes ago, turf tripper said:

Westfield beats new pal by 20. A final 4 team, or maybe better in 6a. If ec beats new pal by 40, don't be surprised. Ec could beat anyone in the state this year. That's just the damn truth. They are that good.

Don’t go comparing scores now…not allowed by some.

31 minutes ago, temptation said:

Same guys that wanna criticize you for only marrying an 8 out of 10 but won’t show you a picture of their wife.

you are one old defensive cuss...just trying to understand your "logic"....

But since you called me out.....satisfied now??

image.png.f7513b3a460756c6e1cb37a62e12716c.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Because they have done all they can do with the schedule in front of them. If they were struggling with teams, then I would not place them nearly as high, but they have passed every test with flying colors and in a vacuum could beat anybody in the state.  They best Moeller more handily than CG did and we have that data point with BD too.

I am not just going to keep shuffling around the 15 schools with the toughest schedule in my rankings.

You sure have a lot to say about someone’s rankings for a guy who has never posted his own.

All credit to EC for beating Moeller, but that game meant nothing to them for the playoffs in Ohio. They rested some of their players most importantly Jordan Marshall. He played sparingly in that game. He then had 40 carries in the CG game which did matter for the playoff seeding. Comparing those games is not apples to apples.

3 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

you are one old defensive cuss...just trying to understand your "logic"....

But since you called me out.....satisfied now??

image.png.f7513b3a460756c6e1cb37a62e12716c.png

Just now, HomeCookin said:

All credit to EC for beating Moeller, but that game meant nothing to them for the playoffs in Ohio. They rested some of their players most importantly Jordan Marshall. He played sparingly in that game. He then had 40 carries in the CG game which did matter for the playoff seeding. Comparing those games is not apples to apples.

Just out of curiosity why did one game mean something and the other didn’t?

2 hours ago, HomeCookin said:

EC’s strength of schedule is terrible and they didn’t play any other Ohio teams. CG was the opposite.

Marshall only had 19 carriers against Ben Davis.. Did that game not matter? Last time I checked Harrison is in Ohio.. Ignorance 

• Haha 1

Moeller ran the ball 24 times.. Marshall had 15 carries... Marshall led the team in touches for the game...

Marshall had 19 carries against Ben Davis.. Did that game not matter?? 

Just admit that you don't want to give EC credit for dominating a top 5 d1 team from Ohio.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Trojan12 said:

Marshall only had 19 carriers against Ben Davis.. Did that game not matter? Last time I checked Harrison is in Ohio.. Ignorance 

My bad, but Harrison is just another example of why EC’s schedule is weak!

I gave credit to them for beating Moeller, but it’s still not a fair comparison, and you provided the stats for me! 

My bad, but Harrison is just another example of why EC’s schedule is weak!

I gave credit to them for beating Moeller, but it’s still not a fair comparison, and you provided the stats for me! 

Harrison 9-4 lost in regional semi finals.. My stats clearly show that marshall played the whole damn game. Your insistence that moeller punted that game is pure ignorance. Good try

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trojan12 said:

Harrison 9-4 lost in regional semi finals.. My stats clearly show that marshall played the whole damn game. Your insistence that moeller punted that game is pure ignorance. Good try

15 carries probably is a whole damn game for Josh Ringer because he only has to play a half against the likes of Shelbyville or Greenwood and still gets 200 yds! Still doesn’t change the fact that EC’s strength of schedule is weak.

Marshall had nearly 40 carries against CG! If you can’t see that’s not the same don’t know what to tell you! 

FYI: I think it’s great that EC beat Moeller! Anytime Indiana beats Ohio is a good day! 

1 hour ago, HomeCookin said:

15 carries probably is a whole damn game for Josh Ringer because he only has to play a half against the likes of Shelbyville or Greenwood and still gets 200 yds! Still doesn’t change the fact that EC’s strength of schedule is weak.

Marshall had nearly 40 carries against CG! If you can’t see that’s not the same don’t know what to tell you! 

FYI: I think it’s great that EC beat Moeller! Anytime Indiana beats Ohio is a good day! 

Keep on changing your narrative. You said Moeller punted the game against EC. Your wrong..

26 minutes ago, Trojan12 said:

Keep on changing your narrative. You said Moeller punted the game against EC. Your wrong..

Last thing I'll say on this.. EC would love to be able to schedule tougher competition. They do their best by scheduling tough non conference. Moeller has now renewed the game against EC for another 2 years. If that game didn't matter then why did they do that? Good luck to all teams tonight!

48 minutes ago, Trojan12 said:

Let’s try this.

Jordan Marshall = Best Player 

VS EC = 15 carries                                       
                                = Not the same 

VS CG = 40 carries 

Comparing the 2 games is not apples to apples..

26 minutes ago, Trojan12 said:

Last thing I'll say on this.. EC would love to be able to schedule tougher competition. They do their best by scheduling tough non conference. Moeller has now renewed the game against EC for another 2 years. If that game didn't matter then why did they do that? Good luck to all teams tonight!

I assume Moeller has a hard time finding games, and EC is a quality opponent. I know CG is having a hard time finding games too, so maybe EC and CG could schedule each other. Would’ve been great to see that game this season! 

8 minutes ago, HomeCookin said:

Let’s try this.

Jordan Marshall = Best Player 

VS EC = 15 carries                                       
                                = Not the same 

VS CG = 40 carries 

Comparing the 2 games is not apples to apples..

I assume Moeller has a hard time finding games, and EC is a quality opponent. I know CG is having a hard time finding games too, so maybe EC and CG could schedule each other. Would’ve been great to see that game this season! 

This is still a weak argument and shows you don't know ball.

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

This is still a weak argument and shows you don't know ball.

I know enough to know that you give your best player the ball! Unless you know the following week you play a team with a common opponent (St Edward) that will affect your playoff seeding..

Maybe you should watch both games before you spout your nonsense about who knows what. 

10 minutes ago, HomeCookin said:

I know enough to know that you give your best player the ball! Unless you know the following week you play a team with a common opponent (St Edward) that will affect your playoff seeding..

Maybe you should watch both games before you spout your nonsense about who knows what. 

We can talk ball whenever you want tough guy. 

31 minutes ago, HomeCookin said:

It’s almost like coaches have individual game plans for opponents that varies based on tendencies and what the other team brings to the table.

Edited by temptation
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, HomeCookin said:

This is NOT accurate. The East Central game meant just as much for Harbin points as the Center Grove game. You can find how the Harbin points system works here: https://www.ovathletics.com/forum/forum/ohio-valley-high-school-sports/football/13003-ohsaa-playoff-harbin-ratings-system

Jordan Marshall had 15 carries for 107 yds against East central, Moeller ran the ball only 24 times in that game. Once East Central jumped out to a 31-14 Moeller began to throw the ball more. Marshall played the entire game. The CG vs Moeller game was much tighter and they could still run the ball it went into OT.

You can watch the East Central vs Moeller game in its entirety here: 

Edited by FastpacedO
  • Thanks 2