• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
QB Coach

Perry Township

70 posts in this topic

There is a church in Greenwood that is actively bringing them over to escape dire poverty. Most have never seen indoor plumbing, lived in dirt floor housing, and never owned a pair of shoes. The learning curve is steep, but they are slowly buying in.

What is the name of the church?

I know that we have several at Roncalli that attend St. Mark - that wouldn't be Greenwood though.

Factory work.

Thank you.  What factories are in their area?

Thank you.  What factories are in their area?

Loads. Pilkington is a major employer of the Burmese population.

The "Burmese" that live on the south side of Indy are Chin refugees from Myanmar brought here by third parties in conjunction with the federal refugee program.  They qualified because of civil war and persecution by their government because they were an ethnic minority and christian.  It was actually the Burmese that were killing the Chin and other minorities.  There's other minority groups but they've been settled other places like in Ft Wayne.  I believe in 2015 the Fed ended refugee immigration for Myanmar so much more difficult for them to get here.

Overall population in Perry Twp is 10-12k and yes there are a lot in school.  17% or 400 asian at Perry Meridian High School which I'd guess is 90% Chin.  15% Hispanic and 7% Black for reference.

Those are pretty much the facts or at least general numbers that are pretty close to being facts...but what it's not, is a bunch of BS on how the influx of one particular group of people locating in a school district will be the end of any kind of athletic success and that they don't buy in to their school or education options they have available.  That is obviously just unqualified opinion.  I'm pretty sure they will never have an impact on Friday nights short of the kicking game but that's not because they're not athletic.  They're just small people which doesn't lend itself to the big three but they absolutely participate in soccer, wrestling, tennis, swimming.  And without a doubt they show up to school for their education and very high percentage achieve at a high level academically.  Biggest thing, is whether there's 50 or 500 Chin at a school, they don't play football, and that has absolutely no impact on the football team.  It's not like the Chin are replacing, white, black or hispanic students, just adding to the overall numbers.  

Thanks Bowwowindy for the info. Whiteland also has a sizable Chin student population.

A presence of 17% of your student population not interested in "the big three" may not affect the on field results but it is a major factor in what class you are in. Southport and Perry Meridian would probably be 5A in football if those 17% weren't there.

Dante - I believe it is Mt. Pleasant Christian Church, but I am not 100% sure.

Dante - I believe it is Mt. Pleasant Christian Church, but I am not 100% sure.

I have worked with several Burmese people in the past, and I knew that they had some connection to a church body that sponsored them to the USA, but I didn't know which church.

I have a lot of pity for those people. Burma is on par with North Korea for quality of life.

Any word on who Perry Meridian may be looking at for HC? 

I know it will never happen, but they should try to bring back Rick Zimmerman from Jennings County. His JV teams regularly out performed the Varsity during his time at Perry.

PM looks like a very appealing job with what's coming in the next few years. The Burmese factor, to me, makes it even more so. What a challenge for a coaching staff that would be!I can also see that keeping a coach away as well. Imagine doing something with that and having the Burmese buying in. Double win and that coaches worth skyrockets! I think this next year we'll see a few coaches doing exactly this. Really looking to see what Coach Johnson does with 3a Logansport and the Hispanic boys there. What would PM's fanbase think say the new coach got a large turnout from the Burmese but the competitiveness dropped? One could almost see that as still being a very good thing.

Edited by warriorfootballfan

This is the 2nd district in Indiana that I have heard has a large Burmese population.  What professsion attracts Burmese families/people to Indiana?  Thank you.

The Burmese are escaping religious (Christian) persecution.  The Burmese Christian population is mostly split in half, depending on their home area.  They were either evangelized by baptist or Catholic missionaries.  They are being brought into the US by baptists churches and the Catholic church.  Most live in Perry Township.  There is a large Chin Baptist church in PM district and St. Mark Catholic Church has a very large Burmese population.  The Burmese children are very hard workers and very impressive students.  Both Southport and Roncalli have many Burmese in their soccer programs.  Haven't seen much activity from the Burmese population at PM.  There has been siginificant bullying problems in Southport and Perry Meridian middle and high schools which is driving more and more Burmese to seek vouchers and enroll in Catholic and Christian schools.   

Any word on who Perry Meridian may be looking at for HC? 

I know it will never happen, but they should try to bring back Rick Zimmerman from Jennings County. His JV teams regularly out performed the Varsity during his time at Perry.

I would love to see that.  I know Rick still spends a great deal of time on the southside of Indy.

Pretty tight lipped over there. School board or superintendant anyway is involved. No shortage of applications and rumor of "interesting" candidates is all I've heard.

Ray Skillman has done alot for Indy area schools with these large donations.  Hats off!!! 

Was just browsing the doe site. I noticed many admin positions open in perry township. Are these folks simply retiring? In my neck of the woods, I have never noticed one district ever have that many positions open in one specific area, except when portage had 6-7 SS openings after the 2005-2006 school year. All were due to retirement. Was just curious. Best wishes Perry.

Was just browsing the doe site. I noticed many admin positions open in perry township. Are these folks simply retiring? In my neck of the woods, I have never noticed one district ever have that many positions open in one specific area, except when portage had 6-7 SS openings after the 2005-2006 school year. All were due to retirement. Was just curious. Best wishes Perry.

I am not going to pretend to know all the inner-workings of Perry Township schools, but I am pretty sure they are getting ready to open a number of new Early Learning/Kindergarten Centers that would likely have their own administrative teams and could explain the large number of openings.

On the school website, there is only an opening for the Perry coaching job. Does that mean Southport has made their hire?

The Perry job is no longer on the school website.  Hopefully they make an announcement soon.

Posting going down was just the end of the open application period.  I heard a top twenty was selected, and of those 18 interviews were scheduled.  To me that seems like alot.  Southport closed quickly for what should be obvious.  Perry either didn't have the internal interest or more likely the admin didn't want anyone existing to be promoted which is speculation on my part, but ultimately the same people run both schools, one went one way and ended quickly and the other is still playing out.

And don't ask, not my story to tell.  Will come out soon enough.

I guess there are some more important positions being filled first before the Head football coach is filled.

Posting going down was just the end of the open application period.  I heard a top twenty was selected, and of those 18 interviews were scheduled.  To me that seems like alot.  Southport closed quickly for what should be obvious.  Perry either didn't have the internal interest or more likely the admin didn't want anyone existing to be promoted which is speculation on my part, but ultimately the same people run both schools, one went one way and ended quickly and the other is still playing out.

And don't ask, not my story to tell.  Will come out soon enough.

Do you know if there are any internal candidates?  I don't know if he is interested, but Coach Short from the Middle School would be a good choice.

Do you know if there are any internal candidates?  I don't know if he is interested, but Coach Short from the Middle School would be a good choice.

Does Coach Short have past substantial varsity experience?  Or has he mainly been at the MS level?