Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove vs New Pal Week 2

As most of you probably know CG lost to New Pal week 2 last year 31-9. It was the first time New Pal had played a 6a school, and a MIC school. It was also CG’s first time playing them. This year’s matchup is going to be another good one, but I see CG coming out playing inspired football after last year’s loss, along with a very tough week 1 loss to Warren (Although CG was missing probably the best football player in the state, IMO, and the officiating was a little questionable). With that said I think CG takes this one 35-14 with a hopefully healthy Carson Steele, and an amazing defense.

8 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

As most of you probably know CG lost to New Pal week 2 last year 31-9. It was the first time New Pal had played a 6a school, and a MIC school. It was also CG’s first time playing them. This year’s matchup is going to be another good one, but I see CG coming out playing inspired football after last year’s loss, along with a very tough week 1 loss to Warren (Although CG was missing probably the best football player in the state, IMO, and the officiating was a little questionable). With that said I think CG takes this one 35-14 with a hopefully healthy Carson Steele, and an amazing defense.

If Carson Steele doesn’t play I don’t think they  beat New Pal. I think if he plays they get New Pal by 7-10. 

CG - 28

New Pal - 21 

Did I miss something because I’ve seen nothing about the specifics of Steele’s injury?

I know people can’t get into much but I assume it’s not multiple weeks or season threatening?

41 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Did I miss something because I’ve seen nothing about the specifics of Steele’s injury?

I know people can’t get into much but I assume it’s not multiple weeks or season threatening?

He’s nursing a hamstring injury, not sure on how severe

3 hours ago, cg_holmeaid said:

I like CG in this one.  They were clearly the better team against Warren and gave it away.  I don't see them making the same mistakes this week.  Also, NP has a new QB making his 2nd start and CG will be after some redemption after last year.  CG 31-28.

Go Dragons!!!

23 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

I like CG in this one.  They were clearly the better team against Warren and gave it away.  I don't see them making the same mistakes this week.  Also, NP has a new QB making his 2nd start and CG will be after some redemption after last year.  CG 31-28.

Go Dragons!!!

I didn’t see the game and don’t have access to the IndyStar. How was CG clearly the better team? Besides not having Steele of course.

12 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

I didn’t see the game and don’t have access to the IndyStar. How was CG clearly the better team? Besides not having Steele of course.

Moved the ball at will, especially in the 1st half, self inflicted mistakes stopped them, not Warren, and 2 of Warren's 3 scoring drives CG made big mistakes,  either blown coverage or unnecessary penalties that kept the drive going.  They were better up front on both sides of the ball, Warren made a couple of plays but for the most part everything they got was a result of something CG did wrong,  not what they did right.  Long season but if they meet again in the postseason I'd say CG by at least 14.  And don't get me wrong, Warren is good, CG just better.

14 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

If you go to YouTube and look up “New Five Creative”, they have CG football games on live stream. You can watch a little bit of the WC game

11 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

New Pal in dominating fashion. Spegal is the best player in the state, and Hook very well might be the 2nd or 3rd best player in the state. Both are absolute STUDS 

Great atmosphere, fun to watch. I hope Steele is healthy soon but I heard he might be out until the postseason.  No point in rushing him back though.  Make sure he's 100%. It would have been even more fun to see him and Spegal going back and forth. 

6 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

New Pal in dominating fashion. Spegal is the best player in the state, and Hook very well might be the 2nd or 3rd best player in the state. Both are absolute STUDS 

And a guy you didn't mention, Kyle King, is headed to Michigan State. He could easily be the Mr. Football position award winner at DL. 

• Like 1