Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2024 6A Who can win it all?

5 minutes ago, KmartGiant said:

So explain to me what Plainfield, Avon and Brownsburg have won since the 90's. Your example is moot. Those schools are haven't won crap. May a few band titles.

LOL, those three schools have won 3 of the last 6 boys track state titles.

I’ve defended you thus far but I am running out of energy.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Keep defending temptation. I respect it. I love your posts btw.  3 titles in track and a couple of volleyball Avon titles and what do you have for those 3 schools? Not much. The expansion of the westside has hardly affected BD outside of their band, which is now a small shell of itself. The point of my whole conversation is, build a program and a feeder system and you can be successful. Scott Williams ran a successful BD CC program in the 90's. Carmel wasn't poor then, BD beat them in 89/1990 my sophomore year. Times have changed for sure. Look at LaPorte baseball. Great decades ago, horrible now. Hobart football. Gary track and field decades ago. You have to have a program and feeder system. It's not hard math.

3 minutes ago, KmartGiant said:

Keep defending temptation. I respect it. I love your posts btw.  3 titles in track and a couple of volleyball Avon titles and what do you have for those 3 schools? Not much. The expansion of the westside has hardly affected BD outside of their band, which is now a small shell of itself. The point of my whole conversation is, build a program and a feeder system and you can be successful. Scott Williams ran a successful BD CC program in the 90's. Carmel wasn't poor then, BD beat them in 89/1990 my sophomore year. Times have changed for sure. Look at LaPorte baseball. Great decades ago, horrible now. Hobart football. Gary track and field decades ago. You have to have a program and feeder system. It's not hard math.

Keep shifting those goalposts.  You said they hadn’t won anything, lol.

The expansion of the west side has hardly affected BD FOOTBALL, for sure.  Other than that, just stop with the nostalgia please.

Success in the non-ball sports follows the money, it’s not hard to figure out.

The point of my whole conversation is, build a program and a feeder system and you can be successful. 

We get that. Just acknowledge that having a large student body is a massive advantage. The school you follow ranks #2 in enrollment for crying out loud.

It's simple, here, I'll give you an example: Snider has a historical record of 33-4 over Bishop Luers. Because Snider has a better program? Well, some might argue that Luers has twelve state championships to Snider's three. So it can't be that Snider's the better program. At the end of the day, Snider is so much larger than Luers, the Knights "private school advantage" is a non factor.

We saw the same thing when Cathedral went from 5A to 6A. There's absolutely no way I'm putting money on the Irish winning 6A anytime soon, but many would argue that they have the best program in the state. 

It's just nice when those at the top of the food chain acknowledges that, "yeah, we have a significant advantage with our enrollment." If one more person mentions Center Grove I'm going to vomit. I'm talking "by and large."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

The expansion of the west side has hardly affected BD FOOTBALL, for sure.  Other than that, just stop with the nostalgia please.

So to your defense, enrollment means zero in the country club sports, just FB and basketball?  So big schools being crappy in country club sports is the norm? It's all about wealth and social status? So big schools with a highly reduced lunch rate can't be successful in country club sports? No nostalgia, truth is a hard fact to dispute. It's been done before. Explain why rich schools like Munster, HSE, Fishers and others can't beat Carmel girls swimming. Is it $$$ or the program? Please explain??????? I'm waiting. It's called a program. Those schools have the funds to be as good as they wanna be. Why they aren't?....Program and feeder system.

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

We get that. Just acknowledge that having a large student body is a massive advantage. The school you follow ranks #2 in enrollment for crying out loud.

It's simple, here, I'll give you an example: Snider has a historical record of 33-4 over Bishop Luers. Because Snider has a better program? Well, some might argue that Luers has twelve state championships to Snider's three. So it can't be that Snider's the better program. At the end of the day, Snider is so much larger than Luers, the Knights "private school advantage" is a non factor.

We saw the same thing when Cathedral went from 5A to 6A. There's absolutely no way I'm putting money on the Irish winning 6A anytime soon, but many would argue that they have the best program in the state. 

It's just nice when those at the top of the food chain acknowledges that, "yeah, we have a significant advantage with our enrollment." If one more person mentions Center Grove I'm going to vomit. I'm talking "by and large."

Here we go again. Enrollment. If you have 4500 kids then why isn't BD good in baseball, softball, track, soccer, golf etc. Explain your argument? Got an answer?

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Fort Wayne is zero comparison to Indy FB. All little bitty schools. Not a fair comparison. You beat Warren on a down year and now your schools are national powerhouses. Lol poor comparison.

2 minutes ago, KmartGiant said:

Here we go again. Enrollment. If you have 4500 kids then why isn't BD good in baseball, softball, track, soccer, golf etc. Explain your argument? Got an answer?

I'm from Fort Wayne, so I'll give it my best shot. Ben Davis is a football school. Football brings in the most revenue (basketball could argue). Dick Dullaghan built a monster at Ben Davis. The administration made sure to continue that monster by putting the right men in the position. I'm guessing that BD doesn't put that kind of stock into the other sports. I'll defer to the Indy guys on this one, but that's my observation from 120 miles away. 

Fort Wayne is zero comparison to Indy FB. All little bitty schools. Not a fair comparison. You beat Warren on a down year and now your schools are national powerhouses. Lol poor comparison.

There were many in the media that were touting the Warriors as one of the teams to beat in 6A last year, mostly from Indy. Sagarin had them at #15 I believe in the year end poll. They also came within a field goal of beating Ben Davis. Just because they went 0-2 vs Fort Wayne last year, doesn't make them a bad team. And for the record, Snider is 4-4 historically against Warren Central. 

I think my Snider/Luers comparison was a good one. It's ok to be humble and say, "yeah, we have an advantage." 

9 minutes ago, KmartGiant said:

So to your defense, enrollment means zero in the country club sports, just FB and basketball?  So big schools being crappy in country club sports is the norm? It's all about wealth and social status? So big schools with a highly reduced lunch rate can't be successful in country club sports? No nostalgia, truth is a hard fact to dispute. It's been done before. Explain why rich schools like Munster, HSE, Fishers and others can't beat Carmel girls swimming. Is it $$$ or the program? Please explain??????? I'm waiting. It's called a program. Those schools have the funds to be as good as they wanna be. Why they aren't?....Program and feeder system.

You are viewing things in black and white and being purposely hyperbolic.

Enrollment is not the end all be all but in the ultimate TEAM SPORT like football, 4000-5000 kids have a tremendous advantage over those half their size.

Center Grove has cracked the code, due to the culture and program/feeder system you speak of but their socioeconomics cannot be ignored.  

The “country club” sports are being dominated by the “rich” suburban schools and they have also narrowed the gap in the ball sports (see Fishers boys basketball).

You have taken the most extreme example in America (Carmel swimming) and attempted to make a blanket statement based on the best program in America in ANY sport.

If you think that simply trying harder to develop feeder programs is all that is standing in the way of IPS/poor Marion County schools winning state titles in non-ball sports, you’re way more lost than I originally thought.

I will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are just trying to stir the pot and start an endless argument because you seek attention.

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Enrollment is not the end all be all but in the ultimate TEAM SPORT like football, 4000-5000 kids have a tremendous advantage over those half their size.

Center Grove has cracked the code, due to the culture and program/feeder system you speak of but their socioeconomics cannot be ignored.  

The “country club” sports are being dominated by the “rich” suburban schools and they have also narrowed the gap in the ball sports (see Fishers boys basketball).

You have taken the most extreme example in America (Carmel swimming) and attempted to make a blanket statement based on the best program in America in ANY sport.

If you think that simply trying harder to develop feeder programs is all that is standing in the way of IPS/poor Marion County schools winning state titles in non-ball sports, you’re way more lost than I originally thought.

I will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are just trying to stir the pot and start an endless argument because you seek attention.

Love this!!! I will give you an example of a country club sport in Fort Wayne. Homestead is probably the wealthiest school in Fort Wayne and guess what sport they dominate and have done so for at least 45 years in this area? Tennis. Very rich sport. Kids start getting private lessons at 4 years old and by the time they hit high school, they have a 8-10 year head start on the other schools. No shot to beat them.

On to football. Numbers matter, period. It’s why a 1A school can’t compete with a 6A school. Bigger, stronger, faster, and more kids to choose from. Oh yeah, let’s not forget all of the “transfers” that occur when someone is in a certain district, but wants to go to a powerhouse school. There are so many examples to choose from in Fort Wayne of this, bet you that it is double that in Indy. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KmartGiant said:

Explain why rich schools like Munster, HSE, Fishers and others can't beat Carmel girls swimming. Is it $$$ or the program? 

No one will argue the strength of Carmel's swimming program. Kudos to them for the machine that they built. But let's be honest, if Homestead had 5000 students, Carmel's streak would come to an end. I'm sure there's a few other schools who could say the same. 

6 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Love this!!! I will give you an example of a country club sport in Fort Wayne. Homestead is probably the wealthiest school in Fort Wayne and guess what sport they dominate and have done so for at least 45 years in this area? Tennis. Very rich sport. Kids start getting private lessons at 4 years old and by the time they hit high school, they have a 8-10 year head start on the other schools. No shot to beat them.

On to football. Numbers matter, period. It’s why a 1A school can’t compete with a 6A school. Bigger, stronger, faster, and more kids to choose from. Oh yeah, let’s not forget all of the “transfers” that occur when someone is in a certain district, but wants to go to a powerhouse school. There are so many examples to choose from in Fort Wayne of this, bet you that it is double that in Indy. 

It’s not just that though…

Hitting the rewind button, when Carmel and CG were exploring their options outside of the MIC, one of the reasons was due to lack of numbers in the country club sports at the remaining 6 MIC schools.  

Carmel, for example would be better served having an intrasquad meet rather than showing up to LC and their JV tennis players, cross country runners, golfers having no one to take on.  If you can’t field a complete team, what’s the point for Carmel to continue this charade?

Does LC, in this particular hypothetical example, just not have a “feeder program”?  

I see the numbers in non-ball sports down tremendously at the middle school level in Marion County.  A variety of factors could be the reason why, but it sure as hell isn’t lack of effort.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

No one will argue the strength of Carmel's swimming program. Kudos to them for the machine that they built. But let's be honest, if Homestead had 5000 students, Carmel's streak would come to an end. I'm sure there's a few other schools who could say the same. 

Hahahahahahaha. That's too damned funny. I guess enrollment means so much. Homestead would dominate with 5000 kids. Not just swimming, but FB and others. Their programs and feeder systems are just that superior. Pathetic comparison btw. Just short of students or they'd win. My god lol. Homestead is lucky to have won they titles they have. Enough said.

22 minutes ago, KmartGiant said:

Hahahahahahaha. That's too damned funny. I guess enrollment means so much. Homestead would dominate with 5000 kids. Not just swimming, but FB and others. Their programs and feeder systems are just that superior. Pathetic comparison btw. Just short of students or they'd win. My god lol. Homestead is lucky to have won they titles they have. Enough said.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

So socioeconomics is why CG has cracked the code?. So if you are a wealthy school. you can compete at a small school like CG? And yes small school, compared to Carmel and BD. No one wants to say having a program and feeder system is why they are good. If it's Carmel or BD, it's because of numbers, if it's CG it's because of socieoeconomics. Poor excuses folks. It's called programs and feeder systems. Wake up.

So socioeconomics is why CG has cracked the code?. So if you are a wealthy school. you can compete at a small school like CG? And yes small school, compared to Carmel and BD. No one wants to say having a program and feeder system is why they are good. If it's Carmel or BD, it's because of numbers, if it's CG it's because of socieoeconomics. Poor excuses folks. It's called programs and feeder systems. Wake up.

hey um mr. guy who like totally excels at critical thinking.

i'm pretty sure nobody said it was the size alone, but like um maybe they mentioned once or twice that like maybe you know having 5x the students of another school might be a supporting factor alongside other mentioned advantages.

maybe like if you re-read some other posts you might like stop feeling personally attacked and realize that their arguments are sound. 

nobody is trying to say that you aren't an extra special boy, just that maybe like having 5000 other extra special boys helped a little bit

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

i'm pretty sure nobody said it was the size alone, but like um maybe they mentioned once or twice that like maybe you know having 5x the students of another school might be a supporting factor alongside other mentioned advantages.

maybe like if you re-read some other posts you might like stop feeling personally attacked and realize that their arguments are sound. 

nobody is trying to say that you aren't an extra special boy, just that maybe like having 5000 other extra special boys helped a little bit

Thanks Rodney…sometimes a tutor is all a “special boy” needs.

5 minutes ago, Rodney said:

So enrollment is why they are good? Nothing to do with program or feeder system. Same reason BD is horrible at baseball, softball, track, golf, swimming etc. They have 5000 kids. It's about a program and feeder system. It's amazing how some of you think

3 hours ago, temptation said:

And they haven't won much of anything. A few titles in minor sports.

7 minutes ago, KmartGiant said:

So enrollment is why they are good? Nothing to do with program or feeder system. Same reason BD is horrible at baseball, softball, track, golf, swimming etc. They have 5000 kids. It's about a program and feeder system. It's amazing how some of you think

Why is reading so hard for you?  It’s a BIG PART of why they are so good.

You cut BD’s enrollment in half and keep its current SES and you have Arsenal Tech.

Put your money/time where your mouth is.  IPS is looking for coaches constantly.  Head over to any IPS school tomorrow morning and volunteer your services and tell them how you’re going to “build a feeder program”…then report back to us in a few years.

4 minutes ago, KmartGiant said:

And they haven't won much of anything. A few titles in minor sports.

That’s not what you said.

Edited by temptation

16 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Nobody likes a DB Rodney. Be an adult and post as one. Don't be a worthless POS as you are. Grow up.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Why is reading so hard for you?  It’s a BIG PART of why they are so good.

You cut BD’s enrollment in half and keep its current SES and you have Arsenal Tech.

Put your money/time where your mouth is.  IPS is looking for coaches constantly.  Head over to any IPS school tomorrow morning and volunteer your services and tell them how you’re going to “build a feeder program”…then report back to us in a few years.

That’s not what you said.

Well we aren't cutting BD's enrollment in half. Poor comparision for someone I thought had more common sense. Don't be a douchebag.