Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best postseason run

2 minutes ago, George Orwell 2 said:

Just some fun facts (because one team continues to come up in this thread).  Since 1983 (36 years) Chatard has lost 23 times in the tournament.  6 times to Roncalli, 3 to New Pal, 3 to Memorial, 2 to Danville, 2 to Cathedral, 2 to North Montgomery, and once each to Brownsburg, Franklin Central, Beech Grove, Heritage Hills, and NorthWood.  Of the teams Chatard has played more than once in the tournament, they have losing records to only Roncalli (3-6), New Pal (2-3), Memorial (1-3), and Cathedral (1-2).  13 times Chatard did not lose a game in the tournament beating SB St. Joe (3), Andrean (3), West Lafayette (2), NorthWood (2), Norwell, Luers, and Hamilton Heights for state championships.  And . . . as has been mentioned numerous times, lost once in the championship game to NorthWood.  Not a bad run.  While, I have my doubts of the future of high school football in the long run, I can think of no other sport that is better at developing character (win or lose/good program or not).  

Thanks for posting - is there a database with more info like this? AlmanacSports.com is a pretty good one

3 hours ago, Art VanDelay said:

How in the heck can you proclaim you're the best team in the State (1A-4A) in 2017 when the only ranked 4A school you played beat you by 28 points and put up over 500 yards on offense on you and held you to 7 points???  Care to change your statement?

Sure, IMO, there!. High school kids can’t have a bad night? EM best In classes 1-4 2017, WL and EM best teams in classes 1-4 2018. In my opinion!!! 

Edited by Screagle

28 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Sure, IMO, there!. High school kids can’t have a bad night? EM best In classes 1-4 2017, WL and EM best teams in classes 1-4 2018. In my opinion!!! 

Yes, kids can have a bad night, but I get tired of crowning a certain class State Champion (like Evansville Memorial in 2017) the BEST in all classes 1A-4A!  Were they a great team?  Yes!  But to crown them the best in every class 1A-4A probably not.  Could they compete and beat any given 4A school on any given night that year?  Yes, but they didn't have to play the likes of East Central, Lowell, or Dwenger.  Could many more 3A schools like Chatard, W Lafayette, and Mishawaka Marion beat Memorial that year?  Yes!   Evansville Central, a strong 4A school that year, put a hurting on them on Memorial's home field and if you saw that game you know Central was the better team "that" night, WAY better!  Great team in 2017 but to crown them best overall in all the other classes, I don't think so.

• Kill me now 1

19 minutes ago, Art VanDelay said:

Yes, kids can have a bad night, but I get tired of crowning a certain class State Champion (like Evansville Memorial in 2017) the BEST in all classes 1A-4A!  Were they a great team?  Yes!  But to crown them the best in every class 1A-4A probably not.  Could they compete and beat any given 4A school on any given night that year?  Yes, but they didn't have to play the likes of East Central, Lowell, or Dwenger.  Could many more 3A schools like Chatard, W Lafayette, and Mishawaka Marion beat Memorial that year?  Yes!   Evansville Central, a strong 4A school that year, put a hurting on them on Memorial's home field and if you saw that game you know Central was the better team "that" night, WAY better!  Great team in 2017 but to crown them best overall in all the other classes, I don't think so.

You’re welcome to your opinion. I’ll keep my opinion, thanks! Again, for the record, IMO EM was the best team in state classes 1-4 2017 and in 2018 along with WL.  

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1