Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove vs Ben Davis 6A Semi-State

2 hours ago, DT said:

Very little interest in this game

Has BD-CG become boring and redundant? 

Perhaps another reason for CG to jump to the HCC.  

Game is a sellout, I’d say it’s got plenty of interest.

A jump to the HCC would sure make CG the big dog on the block though since the rest of the conference sure couldn’t do squat in the tournament.

58 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Game is a sellout, I’d say it’s got plenty of interest.

A jump to the HCC would sure make CG the big dog on the block though since the rest of the conference sure couldn’t do squat in the tournament.

Good thing the MIC does football because they certainly don’t do math.  Another outlandish claim that the video puts to bed.

Not even close as the end zone seats are basically empty and the BD side is about 80 percent full.  🙄

Really feel for the BD defense in particular.  Held Steele under 100 despite 21 carries but their offense just couldn’t get consistent yardage against the Trojans defense and the untimely turnover at the end ultimately cost them.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Good thing the MIC does football because they certainly don’t do math.  Another outlandish claim that the video puts to bed.

Not even close as the end zone seats are basically empty and the BD side is about 80 percent full.  🙄

It’s not outlandish when you were told by a CG official that they wouldn’t be selling more tickets because they were sold out.  Obviously that person made a mistake.

Get over yourself...

2 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

It’s not outlandish when you were told by a CG official that they wouldn’t be selling more tickets because they were sold out.  Obviously that person made a mistake.

Get over yourself...

Yeah, a “mistake.”  Damn those “officials.”

Call @DT many things, but he’s rarely that far off base.

(I may have been generous with the 80 percent estimation on BD’s side too...)

You throw out here say, I’ll stick with facts.

23 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Yeah, a “mistake.”  Damn those “officials.”

Call @DT many things, but he’s rarely that far off base.

(I may have been generous with the 80 percent estimation on BD’s side too...)

You throw out here say, I’ll stick with facts.

Again, get over yourself.  I wasn’t at the game.  I didn’t watch the game.  I was told by a CG official (not a referee, an administrator) that they weren’t going to be selling anymore tickets.  Yes, that’s hearsay but it’s from someone who makes a lot more than you’ll ever make.

Not everyone can be perfect like you.

1 minute ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Again, get over yourself.  I wasn’t at the game.  I didn’t watch the game.  I was told by a CG official (not a referee, an administrator) that they weren’t going to be selling anymore tickets.  Yes, that’s hearsay but it’s from someone who makes a lot more than you’ll ever make.

Not everyone can be perfect like you.

You literally know nothing about the guy, and you somehow know his salary? Can I get his social security while we’re at it?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, DT said:

Very little interest in this game

Has BD-CG become boring and redundant? 

Perhaps another reason for CG to jump to the HCC.  

Oh, you're still here.

If there was so "little interest", why were there three TV outlets and three radio stations doing the game?

Edited by BDGiant93

25 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

DT...I am now questioning your knowledge of great football.  That was a war last night.  Great defensive football by both teams.  Hard hitting, clean game.

Trojans have to be proud that playing through this tournament is continued battles against MIC brothers....Warren, BD and now Carmel.  

He’s referring to fan interest.  Don’t confuse things.

No doubt it was a great game with lots of talent on both sides.   Mega school football in Indiana is not as compelling as it used to be due to the annual redundancy we see in the post season

You certainly can't blame the schools.   They are doing their best    but the casual , non connected fan has lost interest in these MIC tournament matchups

CG and Carmel will play for the state championship for the 3rd time in the past decade.   Something seems out of balance

3 hours ago, DT said:

No doubt it was a great game with lots of talent on both sides.   Mega school football in Indiana is not as compelling as it used to be due to the annual redundancy we see in the post season

You certainly can't blame the schools.   They are doing their best    but the casual , non connected fan has lost interest in these MIC tournament matchups

CG and Carmel will play for the state championship for the 3rd time in the past decade.   Something seems out of balance

They can down vote you all they want but there is no denying the pathetic attendance numbers for a SEMI STATE contest.

It was standing room only a few years back at CG when Avon came to town yet MIC schools with a combined enrollment of 7000 can’t even fill the seats in a winner take all contest for a trip to LOS?

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

They can down vote you all they want but there is no denying the pathetic attendance numbers for a SEMI STATE contest.

It was standing room only a few years back at CG when Avon came to town yet MIC schools with a combined enrollment of 7000 can’t even fill the seats in a winner take all contest for a trip to LOS?

It's the redundancy.  Fans want to see new teams in the mix.  6A is the most exclusionary winners club in all of high school sports, Carmel swimming being an exception.  

1 minute ago, DT said:

It's the redundancy.  Fans want to see new teams in the mix.  6A is the most exclusionary winners club in all of high school sports, Carmel swimming being an exception.  

How was Merrillville’s crowd at Carmel last night?

23 minutes ago, DT said:

No clue.  That's a long drive

Can’t have it both ways, right?

Poor crowd due to redundancy vs poor crowd due to travel.

Hobart to East Noble was also a long drive and was standing room only from what I saw...

This was the first meeting ever between Hobart and East Noble

Maybe that should be an indication to the folks who run the 6a tournament that a little variety might increase interest

3 hours ago, DT said:

This was the first meeting ever between Hobart and East Noble

Maybe that should be an indication to the folks who run the 6a tournament that a little variety might increase interest

So what exactly are you proposing to fix the issue?

Created six threads with a poll yesterday AM (one for each class’ state title game) and the 6A one has the LEAST amount of votes as it stands at the time of this posting.

Central Indiana has the largest population base in the state, these are the two biggest schools playing this weekend and there is more talent on the field in this contest than any other game next weekend, yet it is generating the least interest.

I know this website does not account for all of the fans in Indiana but combine this with the supposed “sell out Friday night” and @DT‘s claim seems to have legitimacy...

Edited by Guest