Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Decatur Central (sectional 13 final)

2 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

2019 had 4 FBS seniors  (QB, OL, LB, S) and 2 junior (OL, WR)...I might be missing some.  Just because they didn't win a title doesn't mean they weren't a good team.

Never said they weren’t good… just said they aren’t nearly as good as this team. 

1 minute ago, CaptainHook said:

2019 had 4 FBS seniors  (QB, OL, LB, S) and 2 junior (OL, WR)...I might be missing some.  Just because they didn't win a title doesn't mean they weren't a good team.

Nobody said 2019 wasn’t a good team. You asked if the 2019 team was better than the 2021 team. They weren’t, not by any measure. They weren’t better then the 2020 team either. The 2015 team had a QB commit to Maryland, an OL commit to Alabama, a RB commit to USC, and an OLB commit to Ohio State. That team wasn’t better than this years team and I have zero hesitation stating that. 

1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

Never said they weren’t good… just said they aren’t nearly as good as this team. 

Just because you dominate a watered down pandemic-year, doesn't necessarily make you the best all time Cathedral team.  C'mon.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Nobody said 2019 wasn’t a good team. You asked if the 2019 team was better than the 2021 team. They weren’t, not by any measure. They weren’t better then the 2020 team either. The 2015 team had a QB commit to Maryland, an OL commit to Alabama, a RB commit to USC, and an OLB commit to Ohio State. That team wasn’t better than this years team and I have zero hesitation stating that. 

just....no.

Just now, CaptainHook said:

Just because you dominate a watered down pandemic-year, doesn't necessarily make you the best all time Cathedral team.  C'mon.

just....no.

What’s your end game here? To get one of us to say New Pal beat the best Cathedral team of all-time (2019). You’re delusional if you think that’s going to happen.

What’s your end game here? To get one of us to say New Pal beat the best Cathedral team of all-time (2019). You’re delusional if you think that’s going to happen.

Hah!  Nope.  Just funny the statements you are making about the last two years.  Laughable really (you proved my point with 2015 comparison).

Just now, CaptainHook said:

Hah!  Nope.  Just funny the statements you are making about the last two years.  Laughable really (you proved my point with 2015 comparison).

The 2021 team would have beaten the 2015 team by multiple scores. Team was full of great individual talent but doesn’t have anywhere near the depth the 2021 team has. 

• Haha 1

They were a good team, who has said otherwise? They weren’t better than either the 2020 or 2021 teams. 

I don't have any idea who is better. I just remember in 2019 there was a lot of talk about how good the Irish were. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Cathedral was very good in 2019, again I’m missing where its been said they weren’t??

Nope.  I'm just shocked anybody would compare the last two Cathedral teams to the best all time.  They weren't even the best in the state either year.

2 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

Nope.  I'm just shocked anybody would compare the last two Cathedral teams to the best all time.  They weren't even the best in the state either year.

Nor were they in 2019 or 2015 teams with four high major recruits, two of them who will be playing on Sunday’s with one already there. Again, what is your freaking end game here? You asked a question, you got the same unanimous answer three different times from three different posters in a matter of five minutes. Don’t like? Well I don’t really give a sh*t. Move on.

Edited by Footballking16

Nor were they in 2019 or 2015 with four high major recruits, two of them who will be playing on Sunday’s with one already there. Again, what is your freaking end game here? You asked a question, you got the same unanimous answer three different times from three different posters. Don’t like? Well I don’t really give a sh*t.

Why are you so angry?  End game?  This is a message board.  Relax.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

I was talking a McLaurin and Werner...who are you talking about?

Ekiyor will be in the NFL next year. Cathedral no doubt had some impressive individual talent (as well as good teams) in the time frame you’ve referenced, but none of those teams were as a deep and/or collectively strong as the last two Cathedral teams. I don’t know why you need to fight it?

Ekiyor will be in the NFL next year. Cathedral no doubt had some impressive individual talent (as well as good teams) in the time frame you’ve referenced, but none of those teams were as a deep and/or collectively strong as the last two Cathedral teams. I don’t know why you need to fight it?

I went to Lawrence Central...so I know a bit about Cathedral.  I just find it interesting that anyone would call this team (or last years) the best all time.  Way, way, way too early for that.  C'mon.