Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Decatur Central (sectional 13 final)

It was only 7-0 at the half, and to be honest Decatur Central outplayed the Irish by a wide margin.  It was a different story in the 2nd half as the Irish wore down the Hawks and pulled away to a 31-7 win.

Mr. Javon Tracy is the real deal.  He never left the field.  He QB's, he RB's and he plays defense and runs back kicks.   He's just an outstanding football player!   But even he slowed down in the 2nd half.

Hats off to the Decatur Central Hawks for a well played game.  Numbers did them in.

Bryce Llewellyn had the hat trick in the first quarter, three interceptions.  Seth Mencer ran for more than 100 yards.  It should help the Irish moving forward to be contested as they were tonight.

Now onto New Pal at Tech next week for the Irish.

• Like 1

Wow, Irish D. That was a pretty performance. 4 turnovers in the first half to help a sputtering offense get rolling in the 2nd half. Hard to say anyone had a better half than Bryce Llewelyn with 3 picks (including 2 on 30 yard single coverage bombs), but have to send a shout out Ben Gomez. Ben's timely punts kept the field position game under control in the first half. The last of which was in the back of the Irish end zone after an abysmal non-touchback call on Llewelyn's second pick. And, he had to have just missed the longest attempt in Cathedral football history: A 62 yarder that had the leg, but just missed wide left. That was amazing. 

It was good to see the OLIne strap one together this game with the running game. DannyO took a nasty hit, but that was a blind side corner blitz. He'll learn to sniff those out, especially after last night's hit. 

On to New Pal for some unfinished business. Excited we get to see the Dragons. 

Great game, I thought DC was very good and extremely well coached.  Our defense totally shut down their passing game very early, and Irish turned it on the second half in a big way.   O-Line was awesome, at least in second half their best performance of season easily.

Javon Tracy is an absolute stud.  Never leaving the field the entire game is something you don't see too often.

The hit DannyO took was one of the most brutal and strident sacks I have seen in quite some time on anyone.   Glad he is okay, for a couple of minutes I wasn't sure that he would be.

Can't wait for New Pal!

A couple of other plays that come to my old mind.  I could not believe that 6'5" 260lb. DE Kendrick Gilbert made a tackle 10+ yards downfield.  I can see why he's getting many D1 offers.  I'm also glad that he's only a junior and will be back to anchor the defense next year.

It seemed strange that the Irish scored no points on the four turnovers  I don't know if that has ever happened but if it did it's been awhile.  The DC defense was outstanding, in the first half,  after the Irish took the opening kickoff down the field for a score.

• Like 1