Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Series

DE

Yep, watching Yellowstone….love it. There are 3 episodes of 1883 out now. It is pretty good, but anything with Sam Elliott is good. I just finished Hawkeye. Funny that I was never into comic books as a kid, but love the DC and Marvel movies, and now the mini series on Disney. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Watching both, and both are great.

if you enjoy series where there’s not a single likable character in the whole cast and you root against everyone, try “Succession” on HBO.

Will have to check that out.

I've heard Yellowjackets is really good too.  I believe it is on Showtime though.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Watching both, and both are great.

if you enjoy series where there’s not a single likable character in the whole cast and you root against everyone, try “Succession” on HBO.

Have you watched, or began watching, Mayor of Kingstown?

Wife and I need to purchase Paramount +.

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Yep, watching Yellowstone….love it. There are 3 episodes of 1883 out now. It is pretty good, but anything with Sam Elliott is good. I just finished Hawkeye. Funny that I was never into comic books as a kid, but love the DC and Marvel movies, and now the mini series on Disney. 

I could listen to Sam Elliott read a phone book.

• Like 1

Station Eleven on HBO Max has been a welcome surprise.  Very well written and acted.

As mentioned before season three of Succession on HBO Max was very good. Kind of wished Kendall would have actually died though....................

The last season of The Expanse on Amazon Prime video continues it's tradition of excellent sci-fi. 

Season one of The Wheel of Time, also on Amazon Prime,  was ok.  I never jumped into the Robert Jordan series of books (14!) on which the series is based, so I really had no preconceived notions going in.

Foundation on Apple+ was ok,  a bit uneven in some places and really takes a different direction from the much loved Asimov novels.

Season two of The Witcher on Netflix was excellent. Highly recommended.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Station Eleven on HBO Max has been a welcome surprise.  Very well written and acted.

As mentioned before season three of Succession on HBO Max was very good. Kind of wished Kendall would have actually died though....................

The last season of The Expanse on Amazon Prime video continues it's tradition of excellent sci-fi. 

Season one of The Wheel of Time, also on Amazon Prime,  was ok.  I never jumped into the Robert Jordan series of books (14!) on which the series is based, so I really had no preconceived notions going in.

Foundation on Apple+ was ok,  a bit uneven in some places and really takes a different direction from the much loved Asimov novels.

Season two of The Witcher on Netflix was excellent. Highly recommended.

Thank you for all the suggestions.  I know my wife an I would really like to purchase some of these streaming channels, but.......

a HUGE problem where we live is lack of consistent and reliable internet to stream.  

Change of pace kind of shows

Ted Lasso is much better than I thought it would be. Coach Beard is a great character. He and Roy Kent steal the show. 

This is Us is good too, but likely went a season too long; script writing is a bit weak at times, with the regurgitation of childhood issues, but still give it a B.