Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Was the Punishment Appropriate?? Sportmanship

Bash Riprock

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Greg Gard is a bit of a punk and is known to instigate.

Howard should have been fired.  

Gard has a recent history of not exactly running a tight ship/clean program and I thought the coverage was a bit slanted more so than necessary towards Michigan’s guys being “the bad guys” which is sort of understandable.

This is a 97%/3% blame game as it relates to Michigan/Wisconsin but listening to ESPN and the bogus statement from the Wisconsin AD makes it seem more so 100%/0%.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Gard has a recent history of not exactly running a tight ship/clean program and I thought the coverage was a bit slanted more so than necessary towards Michigan’s guys being “the bad guys” which is sort of understandable.

This is a 97%/3% blame game as it relates to Michigan/Wisconsin but listening to ESPN and the bogus statement from the Wisconsin AD makes it seem more so 100%/0%.

Most people dont know anything about Gard.  I havent heard anything positive.  

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Gard wasn’t really in the wrong on Sunday but his assistant and s&c guy got off free which is infuriating.

They set the fire and disappeared down the alley

18 hours ago, HHF said:

Most people dont know anything about Gard.  I havent heard anything positive.  

I admit...I am one of those folks.  I don't know much about him.

I don't have a problem with his rationale for calling a time out.  If the other team still has some starters in and they are pressing or picking up full court pressure with a few secs left down by 15 against his bench players, I take no issue with his calling a TO to reset the 10 sec clock.

I don't think Gard meant anything...just trying to explain himself after Howard's comments.  I do agree that grabbing someone, even with no malice intended, is not the best idea when he clearly knew Howard was upset.  

I'm not fans of either program.....just hate to see that event occur.

37 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I admit...I am one of those folks.  I don't know much about him.

I don't have a problem with his rationale for calling a time out.  If the other team still has some starters in and they are pressing or picking up full court pressure with a few secs left down by 15 against his bench players, I take no issue with his calling a TO to reset the 10 sec clock.

I don't think Gard meant anything...just trying to explain himself after Howard's comments.  I do agree that grabbing someone, even with no malice intended, is not the best idea when he clearly knew Howard was upset.  

I'm not fans of either program.....just hate to see that event occur.

I thought it was quite entertaining and intense.