Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week Four

On 9/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, FinePrint said:

Here's my weak attempt at some predictions...

Caston at Pioneer - Despite their 1-2 record, Pioneer is a better team than some predicted prior to game one.  This team is in the hunt for second place in the HNAC.  And since they have the other contenders at the back of their schedule, their young guns will have time to improve.  This is a game to work on execution and consistency.  No problem for Pioneer this week with a second half running clock.  Comets will get a score through the air.  Panthers 42-6

Knox at North Judson - Definitely the game of the week!  I know the Jays were highly touted entering the season.  They haven't had a chance to really prove that yet as their schedule has been very weak to this point.  Knox will tax the Jay's defense for sure!  I look for this to be a high scoring affair and a lot of fun to watch!  In the end I think Allen and Co. will be too much for the Skins.  North Judson wins a wild one at home.  Blue Jays 42-35

LaVille at Winamac - LaVille has beaten three pretty good teams in beat-down fashion!  They are impressive!  I have no idea how Coach Hostrawser is supposed to handle his games with the lower tier teams in the conference.  It'll be like putting a muzzle on the heifer when she comes to the feed trough!  Name your score, Lancers.  LaVille 63-0

Triton at Bremen - On paper this should be a good game, but I have my doubts.  Triton doesn't know how to beat Bremen, simple as that.  If there's a year that the Trojans should compete with the Lions, this is definitely it!  If Triton can get on the board first, they'll have a shot.  But if Bremen gets off to a strong start, the Trojans will fade.  I think Schuh will have another good game with 150-170 yards.  And the passing game looked much better last week.  Still, I just don't think Triton has the mental toughness to win this one.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm taking the Lions.  Bremen 28-21

West Central at Culver - Could it be that West Central is actually pretty good this year?  It's been a few years, but these Trojans have had some good seasons!  I think this could be a good game!  I expect the Cavs to pound out yards on the ground and put up points.  But will they slow down the Trojans who are scoring at a pretty good clip.  Ultimately, West Central's opponents so far haven't prepared them for a physical team like Culver.  Cavaliers 33-21

Howstraser knows a young team when he sees it.

Paul DeWitt coming into the season had more varsity starts then all 30+ kids Winamac has on their team which isn't good lol. 

I thought LaVille did a pretty good job. It got a little out of hand in the 2nd and couple of their scores were off pick 6s. I think LaVille did a nice job at not running up the score and not trying to show up or put a hurting on our kids. 

It was pretty clear early on that Jones or Bell weren't playing either. So it could have gotten real bad but the Winamac kids played pretty hard. Its super hard to tell a kid that they and the team are getting better even though in 3 of the 4 weeks, the scores don't show it.

Edited by WalterSobchak

5 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

I can't judge what I've seen so far due to Winamac’s inexperience this season but out of the 4 games, I was impressed with Knox the most, then LaVille then Pioneer. 

I think conference will go

LaVille 

Judson/Pioneer/Knox battle it out for 2nd

Triton behind them

Winamac and Culver 

Caston

Keep doubting on Triton!  We love being the underdog!

12 hours ago, Oldschool said:

Keep doubting on Triton!  We love being the underdog!

Never said I doubted them. Triton has some very good athletes and could be very dangerous next season with their QB and RB and most of the top teams this year take a step back next season.

I just don't see Pioneer losing more than two conference games and don't see Knox losing anymore then 3. 

Edited by WalterSobchak

3 hours ago, Say it aint so said:

congrats to triton they played a great game !! See a lot of talk about the skilled positions on here , just want to give laville a shout out to their offensive line best I’ve seen so far !  

3 hours ago, Say it aint so said:

congrats to triton they played a great game !! See a lot of talk about the skilled positions on here , just want to give laville a shout out to their offensive line best I’ve seen so far !  

Lineman never get any love!  Skilled players can’t do ANYTHING without good lineman!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

Never said I doubted them. Triton has some very good athletes and could be very dangerous next season with their QB and RB and most of the top teams this year take a step back next season.

I just don't see Pioneer losing more than two conference games and don't see Knox losing anymore then 3. 

What you are saying is, Triton will not beat Pioneer, Knox or NJ!

On 9/9/2022 at 4:05 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

The Triton player you are referring to is a very good athlete.  I remember him diving for the pylon on the 2-pt conversion.

On another note, as I was looking at MaxPreps and Hoosier North Conference stats, I noticed several schools - more than one - did not have stats.

Is there some secret if a quarterback is whatever-for-whatever for a certain amount of yards, 'x' number of touchdowns and interceptions?

Is it top secret if a back has however many yards rushing, and 'x' amount of touchdowns with whatever yards per carry?

Sorry! I guess I just don't understand.

Any thoughts ?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Just another thing that takes time for the coaching staff to do to please us keyboard jocks.

On 9/9/2022 at 4:05 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

The Triton player you are referring to is a very good athlete.  I remember him diving for the pylon on the 2-pt conversion.

On another note, as I was looking at MaxPreps and Hoosier North Conference stats, I noticed several schools - more than one - did not have stats.

Is there some secret if a quarterback is whatever-for-whatever for a certain amount of yards, 'x' number of touchdowns and interceptions?

Is it top secret if a back has however many yards rushing, and 'x' amount of touchdowns with whatever yards per carry?

Sorry! I guess I just don't understand.

Any thoughts ?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Just another thing that takes time for the coaching staff to do to please us keyboard jocks.

5 hours ago, Say it aint so said:

Triton seems to be judged a little by its past. Well….. I’m a bremenknight and that is a good football team ! Schuh strictly my opinion is the best rb in that conference ! That line is solid , good qb , I expect them to go far in the 1a tournament ! 

Triton has a solid team for sure.  But saying they should go far in the tournament overlooks the fact that Pioneer and North Judson are in their sectional.  We'll see in the next three weeks how those three teams line up, but I'm not making Triton the Sectional 41 favorite by any stretch.  I would say that NJSP is the team to beat while not counting out perennial powerhouse Pioneer.

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:

Triton has a solid team for sure.  But saying they should go far in the tournament overlooks the fact that Pioneer and North Judson are in their sectional.  We'll see in the next three weeks how those three teams line up, but I'm not making Triton the Sectional 41 favorite by any stretch.  I would say that NJSP is the team to beat while not counting out perennial powerhouse Pioneer.

I would. I think they are the 2nd best team Bremen will face this year. I’m including Marian, Jimtown, and Glenn in that. I see them going to Semi-State and giving AC all they can handle in  the cold November weather. Don’t know if they pull it out, but it will be a slugfest. 

2 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Schuh is the best player, Plummer is the best athlete. 

I have a hard time naming either of these player of the year when they only play offense. Plummer only went in on defense against Pioneer when LaVille’s corner kept getting scorched by our      5’6” wideout. 

In a conference where a large number of kids play both ways, I think a POTY candidate should play both o and d. 

Edited by FarmerFran

11 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I have a hard time naming either of these player of the year when they only play offense. Plummer only went in on defense against Pioneer when LaVille’s corner kept getting scorched by our      5’6” wideout. 

In a conference where a large number of kids play both ways, I think a POTY candidate should play both o and d. 

I don't think it's Plummers fault he doesn't go both ways. 

It's just me but if I could help it, I'd never want my QB playing D esp if the offense is built around him.

I wouldn't even play Cheyenne on defense if I was NJ. He could handle it but way too important offensively.

5 hours ago, Oldschool said:

If you have to play all phases, Triton’s QB plays QB, Corner, kicks Punts and makes the hotdogs before the game!

If you feel confident in the back up be my guest and have him play all phases. 

I absolutely dislike my QB playing defense. I used to get nervous about Compton playing it even though he was such a good DB. I especially don't like them playing special teams. 

Our Qb this year punts and it scares the heck out of me.. makes me miss Brayden Heater a ton lol. 

15 hours ago, FinePrint said:

I was very impressed with how their QB and RB played against Winamac last season and really feel they could win conference next season w the QB and RB. 

I don't think they'll beat North Judson this year but nobody gave Winamac a shot in 2020 and Winamac got them in sectional... Triton will have a shot but will have to play very very good, much better then they did against LaVille.

3 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

I was very impressed with how their QB and RB played against Winamac last season and really feel they could win conference next season w the QB and RB. 

I don't think they'll beat North Judson this year but nobody gave Winamac a shot in 2020 and Winamac got them in sectional... Triton will have a shot but will have to play very very good, much better then they did against LaVille.

His best position at the next level is probably at Safety.  I’m sure college coaches would like to see how he reads and reacts back there.

4 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

You keep talking about Triton next year, but this is the year they've been looking at for a while now.  Triton's line is senior dominated and very experienced!  Next year the skill guys won't have the support up front they have this year.  If they're going to make a run, it's gonna be 2022.

The most talented group on lavilles offense …… is the line !! You have all day to throw and holes big enough to drive a semi through makes playing qb and running back for them a tad easier ! Not taking anything away from anyone , both very talented kids. Just think schuh is doing more with less ! The Shively kid was very impressive as well on all phases of the game !