Also shocked that Hammond got past Pioneer

Hard to believe we have five weeks in the book

LaVille-Knox

Pioneer-Triton

Winamac-Culver 

Coming up this week . . .

as always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

Another week in the record books.  Some observations...

* LaVille is really good.  Up 63 at the half?  Wow.  How do you even do that?  Nine scores in 24 minutes.  I know Caston isn't good, but that's pretty incredible.

* Pioneer losing by 24.  Surprising for sure!  I saw on Harrells discussion board that the Panthers only dressed 29 for the game last night.  Injuries?  Or just very low numbers?  It's been 25 years since Pioneer has had a losing season.  Seems possible this year, though I'm not ready to throw in the towel on them just yet.  I expect a close game with Triton next week.

*  Knox doubling up on Glenn surprises me a little.  But if you believe the Sagarin ratings you have to see that the upper half of the HNAC this year is better than the South division of the NIC.  LaVille, Knox, Judson and Triton could all compete with Jimtown for that title.  

*  Three HNAC teams in the top 100 according to Sagarin.  Again, take it with a grain of salt, but still.  That's pretty impressive for a small school conference in the middle of corn country.

Looking forward to next Friday!  Some good games on tap with LaVille/Knox, Pioneer/Triton and Culver/Winamac.

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:

* LaVille is really good.  Up 63 at the half?  Wow.  How do you even do that?  Nine scores in 24 minutes.  I know Caston isn't good, but that's pretty incredible.

* Pioneer losing by 24.  Surprising for sure!  I saw on Harrells discussion board that the Panthers only dressed 29 for the game last night.  Injuries?  Or just very low numbers?  It's been 25 years since Pioneer has had a losing season.  Seems possible this year, though I'm not ready to throw in the towel on them just yet.  I expect a close game with Triton next week.

*  Knox doubling up on Glenn surprises me a little.  But if you believe the Sagarin ratings you have to see that the upper half of the HNAC this year is better than the South division of the NIC.  LaVille, Knox, Judson and Triton could all compete with Jimtown for that title.  

*  Three HNAC teams in the top 100 according to Sagarin.  Again, take it with a grain of salt, but still.  That's pretty impressive for a small school conference in the middle of corn country.

Looking forward to next Friday!  Some good games on tap with LaVille/Knox, Pioneer/Triton and Culver/Winamac.

LaVille by 3 touchdowns 

Pioneer by 3 touchdowns 

Winamac by 2 touchdowns

5 hours ago, FinePrint said:

LaVille is as advertised!  Good defense against the run, several threats to run the ball, solid quarterback that can throw the ball, good special teams play.  Also, solid place kicker with good range.  

Looking forward to seeing how the defense responds in the Knox game next week.

IMO this is the season that Triton beats Pioneer in the coming week.  The difference could be how effective the running game will be for the Trojans.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

7 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

LV by 30-35

Triton by 12-18

I say Pioneer wins simply because

They've never lost two conference games in the HNAC and haven't lost two conference games in the same season since 2001 in general.. I think that will be broken but if I had to choose it'll be judson that does it. 

Edited by WalterSobchak

4 hours ago, Oldschool said:

Thanks Walter!  Just what the Trojans needed to prepare for this week!

Triton shouldn't need what I said. 

The seniors over there know how lopsided the scores have been vs Pioneer and they see a  Pioneer squad right now that's got a lot of holes then most Pioneer squads have had lately. 

Edited by WalterSobchak

7 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Pioneer by 20?  What have you seen that makes you think Pioneer is that much better than Triton?

6+6+6 is 18 sir. 

What makes you think Triton is gonna win or win comfortably like you are sounding. 

Pioneer's three losses come from a 5a school and two undefeated strong 2a schools. One of which you guys played and lost by a similar margin. Pioneer is a young squad but very well coached and again. I think Pioneer will lose a 2nd conference game in the HNAC for the first time ever and first time overall since 01. I just see Judson doing it. I think Judson is the 2nd best team in the HNAC and if they can get their secondary play better. They'll be conference champs.

It's a prediction. I can freely make one just like you can. 

18 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

6+6+6 is 18 sir. 

What makes you think Triton is gonna win or win comfortably like you are sounding. 

Pioneer's three losses come from a 5a school and two undefeated strong 2a schools. One of which you guys played and lost by a similar margin. Pioneer is a young squad but very well coached and again. I think Pioneer will lose a 2nd conference game in the HNAC for the first time ever and first time overall since 01. I just see Judson doing it. I think Judson is the 2nd best team in the HNAC and if they can get their secondary play better. They'll be conference champs.

Having watched both games Laville vs Pioneer and Triton. I’m going Triton by 14. Triton can run and Shuh at least last week was averaging 202 yards a game. Pioneer is young and can’t stop the run at the moment 

7 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Pioneer by 20?  What have you seen that makes you think Pioneer is that much better than Triton?

They definitely are not and have Triton by 14 like stated. I’ve watched both teams vs Laville and Triton was definitely the better team even though both lost by a lot 

15 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

Triton shouldn't need what I said. 

The seniors over there know how lopsided the scores have been vs Pioneer and they see a  Pioneer squad right now that's got a lot of holes then most Pioneer squads have had lately. 

Walter,  are you the Ultimate Warrior?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

6+6+6 is 18 sir. 

Oh you're certainly welcome to your prediction!  I just thought maybe you had seen something on film or heard something that might give Pioneer an edge that I had not considered.  I think anyone who writes off Pioneer is making a mistake.  There's too much history and pride in that program to think they'll take their lumps quietly!  I haven't made my prediction yet.  I don't see this being a blowout by any stretch, though I don't see Pioneer winning by three scores.