Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week Five

2 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Single wing heavy team with spread gun worked in. Very athletic group of skill position guys. For a 5A school they have quite a few guys playing both ways. I think the school has only been open for 2 years.

New member here.  Thank you all for this site.  Very interesting information shared. 

I think you are correct on the school.  Wasn’t HC consolidated from 2 other schools?

On 9/11/2022 at 7:39 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Heading into the second half of the high school football season - Week #5

Caston at LaVille

Culver at Triton

Knox at Glenn

North Judson-San Pierre at Winamac

Pioneer at Hammond Central

Who you got this week?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

LaVille 56-0

Triton 42-8

Knox 35-6

NJ  46-0

Pioneer 32-12

Caston at LaVille - So far I think this LaVille team has exceeded expectations!  They still have some pretty good teams to play, but with the exception of about 15 minutes of the Triton game, they've dominated every minute!  After disposing of Caston this week, the next three games should tell us a lot about the Lancers.  But then I thought they might have their hands full in their first three games too!  And they cruised through those.  Anyway, this week will be a nice scrimmage.  LaVille 56-0

Culver at Triton - Triton will celebrate homecoming this week by hosting the Cavs.  Culver has given up a lot of points to the good teams they've played so far.  That will probably be the case this week as well.  Schuh is on a mission for 2,000 yards.  He needs 200 a game and he'll get it again this week with some to spare (depending on how many carries Younis gives him).  This shouldn't be much of a contest.  Triton 42-8

Knox at Glenn - I'm not sure what to expect here.  So far HNAC teams have had their way with their former NSC foes.  If Knox wins this one, it will say a lot about the quality of the NIC small school division this year.  And as an HNAC homer, I'd love to see the domination continue!  But this is at Glenn, so I don't see a blowout.  I will take the Redskins in a close one.  Knox 28-24

North Judson at Winamac - If the Jays can shut out Knox, I don't know how the Warriors will score on them.  This should be a rather lopsided event.  So far, Judson has done a nice job of getting multiple guys some carries.  Is this the week Mr. Allen sets himself apart with a big game?  IF he gets the carries, he could go for a couple hundred in this one.  NJSP will cruise.  North Judson 52-0

Pioneer at Hammond Central - It would be easy to pick Pioneer big in this one since HC hasn't played much of a schedule, even though they are 3-1.  Not so fast my friend!  Sagarin's predictor rating makes Pioneer only about a 6 point favorite.  So this one could be more competitive than most might be tempted to think.  However... I still believe Pioneer is better than their record would indicate.  Both losses are to very solid teams!  Despite what Sagarin and Harrell say, I'm taking the Panthers by a good margin.  Pioneer 40-14

4 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Caston at LaVille - So far I think this LaVille team has exceeded expectations!  They still have some pretty good teams to play, but with the exception of about 15 minutes of the Triton game, they've dominated every minute!  After disposing of Caston this week, the next three games should tell us a lot about the Lancers.  But then I thought they might have their hands full in their first three games too!  And they cruised through those.  Anyway, this week will be a nice scrimmage.  LaVille 56-0

Culver at Triton - Triton will celebrate homecoming this week by hosting the Cavs.  Culver has given up a lot of points to the good teams they've played so far.  That will probably be the case this week as well.  Schuh is on a mission for 2,000 yards.  He needs 200 a game and he'll get it again this week with some to spare (depending on how many carries Younis gives him).  This shouldn't be much of a contest.  Triton 42-8

Knox at Glenn - I'm not sure what to expect here.  So far HNAC teams have had their way with their former NSC foes.  If Knox wins this one, it will say a lot about the quality of the NIC small school division this year.  And as an HNAC homer, I'd love to see the domination continue!  But this is at Glenn, so I don't see a blowout.  I will take the Redskins in a close one.  Knox 28-24

North Judson at Winamac - If the Jays can shut out Knox, I don't know how the Warriors will score on them.  This should be a rather lopsided event.  So far, Judson has done a nice job of getting multiple guys some carries.  Is this the week Mr. Allen sets himself apart with a big game?  IF he gets the carries, he could go for a couple hundred in this one.  NJSP will cruise.  North Judson 52-0

Pioneer at Hammond Central - It would be easy to pick Pioneer big in this one since HC hasn't played much of a schedule, even though they are 3-1.  Not so fast my friend!  Sagarin's predictor rating makes Pioneer only about a 6 point favorite.  So this one could be more competitive than most might be tempted to think.  However... I still believe Pioneer is better than their record would indicate.  Both losses are to very solid teams!  Despite what Sagarin and Harrell say, I'm taking the Panthers by a good margin.  Pioneer 40-14

How has LaVille exceeded expectations? Lol they've beaten everyone they should and as bad as they should. 

20 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

How has LaVille exceeded expectations? Lol they've beaten everyone they should and as bad as they should. 

I expected LaVille to win all of their games so far.  But I did not expect their average margin of victory over Bremen, Triton and Pioneer to be 41 points.  So, they exceeded my expectations.

On 9/11/2022 at 7:39 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Heading into the second half of the high school football season - Week #5

Caston at LaVille

Culver at Triton

Knox at Glenn

North Judson-San Pierre at Winamac

Pioneer at Hammond Central

Who you got this week?

from_the_sidelines007

Laville vs Caston. LAVILLE 

Culver vs Triton. TRITON 

Knox vs Glenn. KNOX 

NJP vs Winamac. NJP 

Pioneer vs Hammond Central. PIONEER 

2 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

I would agree with Fine Print in regards to the margin of victory LaVille is winning by to start the season. 

I will also point out that LaVille has beaten everyone they were supposed to beat.

Question is how would they handle a similar team?

LaVille has shown they can limit the run. How they going to defend a team that has a threatening passing game?

Anything can happen on any given night!

Time will tell . . . 

from_the_sidelines007 

2 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

I would agree with Fine Print in regards to the margin of victory LaVille is winning by to start the season. 

I will also point out that LaVille has beaten everyone they were supposed to beat.

LaVille has shown they can limit the run. How they going to defend a team that has a threatening passing game?

Time will tell . . . 

from_the_sidelines007 

I don’t think Laville has eyes on a conference title at this point, although I’m sure they will take it along the way.   Their eyes are fixed on Andrean in the Sectional and advancing further in the tournament.  Andrean plays a very difficult schedule early on which can either prepare them for tournament play, or demoralize them.  I didn’t think Laville had much of a chance at beating Andrean before the season started, but after watching them for 4 games,  they might have a shot!

15 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

I don’t think Laville has eyes on a conference title at this point, although I’m sure they will take it along the way.   Their eyes are fixed on Andrean in the Sectional and advancing further in the tournament.  Andrean plays a very difficult schedule early on which can either prepare them for tournament play, or demoralize them.  I didn’t think Laville had much of a chance at beating Andrean before the season started, but after watching them for 4 games,  they might have a shot!

All due respect, I disagree.  I think LaVille wants to win the conference and do it without a loss!

Then I believe Andrean is on the radar if Andrean turns up on the schedule. 

What would be a shame is if Andrean and LaVille draw each other in the first round of the playoffs. 

from_the_sidelines007 

4 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

All due respect, I disagree.  I think LaVille wants to win the conference and do it without a loss!

Then I believe Andrean is on the radar if Andrean turns up on the schedule. 

What would be a shame is if Andrean and LaVille draw each other in the first round of the playoffs. 

from_the_sidelines007 

Same wit Triton and NJ!  Should the sectionals be seeded?

22 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

Same wit Triton and NJ!  Should the sectionals be seeded?

I've long said we need to seed the sectional. 

Question is, based on what? OA record?

Sagrin Ratings? SOS?

I would suggest putting the best 2 teams in the opposite bracket. 

After that, I'm just not sure . . . 

Do we seed all 7 or 8 teams?

And, based on what (again)?

So many theories.

So until we get a better plan, we blind draw the tournament. 

from_the_sidelines007 

3 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Time will tell . . . 

from_the_sidelines007 

I should have been more clear, maybe im different but 

I think everyone knew LaVille was going to be good and the way they are trouncing teams isn't a surprise. They've been building for this season for a bit. 

I think everyone at laville and those who have watched Plummer play knew he could toss the pig skin around and its nice to see them actually let him do it. DeWitt and Smith have been around for 40 years it seems lol and it's not a surprise to see what they are doing.

I think the key will be against Judson is throwing the ball. 

We know LaVille can run it as can Judson and both teams can stop the run. It'll come down to if Aldric Harper or Plummer can hit the open guy on some passes.