Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

My "Oh MY" teams so far this year

On 10/4/2022 at 10:21 AM, PHJIrish said:

My contribution would be Cardinal Ritter.  10 years, or so, ago they were playing for state championships and now the program seems to be in shambles.  I hope they can get it back in a short time.

Im a Miner Fan and it breaks my heart to see Ritter struggle like this. They broke our hearts several times in the playoffs. Classy team and folks too. I think that's my choice as well. I hope they recover soon.

Edited by globemstr3
  • Like 2

Norwell - They are legit. Whomever plays them come tourney time better be ready

Snider/North Side - I believe whomever comes out of this sectional has a really good shot at playing for a state title

Luers - Don’t  look at their record now, watch out for them in the tourney 

Dwenger - Has the talent pool dried up for the Saints? They play hard, but I haven’t seen great talent recently

18 hours ago, Tippy said:

Owen Valley - In 2018 they were 0-10 and 2019 they were 1-9, but this year it looks like they will be 9-0.  OH MY!  Good job Rob Gibson!

Elwood -  They weren't always bad.  Elwood had some good teams in the late 1980's.  In 1950 they were a top 20 team and gave 8-1 West Lafayette a good game that year.  This year Frankton beat them 84-12 and Eastbrook beat them 83-0.  Madison-Grant and Tipton scored 69 on them. Elwood still has to play Oak Hill on October 14.  OH MY!

Do you think Oak Hill should sit the starters against Elwood to rest them for the playoff? If not, then that game is on 100 watch.

17 minutes ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Do you think Oak Hill should sit the starters against Elwood to rest them for the playoff? If not, then that game is on 100 watch.

No, I think everyone on the team should get to play in the game.  They probably won't score 100. It might be 84-0.

2 hours ago, Tippy said:

No, I think everyone on the team should get to play in the game.  They probably won't score 100. It might be 84-0.

Coach Ozmun is  pretty good at not running the score too high and I think he will pull most of the starting offense at half. With that being said the game still must be played and I think the JV can still score +3  tds.

Edited by Fbfan32

On 10/5/2022 at 2:02 PM, Tippy said:

Elwood -  They weren't always bad.  Elwood had some good teams in the late 1980's.  In 1950 they were a top 20 team and gave 8-1 West Lafayette a good game that year.  This year Frankton beat them 84-12 and Eastbrook beat them 83-0.  Madison-Grant and Tipton scored 69 on them. Elwood still has to play Oak Hill on October 14.  OH MY!

Elwood was still a 3A contender when Kevin Frye was there and Marty Wells had some competitive teams. But the town has been hemorrhaging population as the economies of nearby Anderson & Marion struggle and that's likely made it difficult to keep that tradition going. 

3 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Elwood was still a 3A contender when Kevin Frye was there and Marty Wells had some competitive teams. But the town has been hemorrhaging population as the economies of nearby Anderson & Marion struggle and that's likely made it difficult to keep that tradition going. 

They had a solid team in 2014 with Sammy Mireles, they ended up getting upset in the sectional by Blaze Kelly and that high power Alexandria offense. That was coincidently the last time Oak Hill won a football sectional as they went on to beat Alex in the championship.