Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

one moderately good season and everyone ready to claim that the HCC has overtaken the MIC, and will be the dominate conference moving forward

might be partially true with the departure of Carmel and CG

but I do not believe the HCC will EVER have the dominance that the MIC has had over the last twenty years.

if only HSE didn't have bus lag

Edited by Rodney
had to mention HSE bus lag
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rodney said:

one moderately good season and everyone ready to claim that the HCC has overtaken the MIC, and will be the dominate conference moving forward

might be partially true with the departure of Carmel and CG

but I do not believe the HCC will EVER have the dominance that the MIC has had over the last twenty years.

if only HSE didn't have bus lag

The MIC/HCC debate is dead.  It’s not even close and while the HCC does need a title to validate itself completely, you can’t let Center Grove still standing cloud your vision.

That’d be like bragging that your ex husband is great at his job.

7 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Elephant in the room perhaps…

Another November without a championship.  Put me on record saying that BD or WC will win 6A again (mainly because they’re both going to be very talented next year) before the HCC wins 6A.

Heard the same about Warren/BD all offseason last summer and they both relied on transfer QBs to remain in the hunt.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

The MIC/HCC debate is dead.  It’s not even close and while the HCC does need a title to validate itself completely, you can’t let Center Grove still standing cloud your vision.

Heard the same about Warren/BD all offseason last summer and they both relied on transfer QBs to remain in the hunt.

Indianapolis too huh? I think the transfer portal in high school football is getting as bad as college. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

You can say the same about a number of schools when it comes to transfers.

There’s no denying, the HCC is a better football conference now than the MIC.  I would say the MIC will be a very strong basketball conference moving forward.  The HCC will obviously eventually have a state champion, but I’m not sure they’ll ever see the dominance of the MIC days.  

56 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

You can say the same about a number of schools when it comes to transfers.

There’s no denying, the HCC is a better football conference now than the MIC.  I would say the MIC will be a very strong basketball conference moving forward.  The HCC will obviously eventually have a state champion, but I’m not sure they’ll ever see the dominance of the MIC days.  

My point is, in a school with 1800-2000 boys you have to go to the neighbor to borrow a QB?  Come on.  That’s pathetic.

Kids transferring OUT of schools that size so they can get some PT at a smaller school is one thing…this is something different and a bit head scratching.

I do agree with your last paragraph while heartedly.

Edited by temptation

4 hours ago, temptation said:

My point is, in a school with 1800-2000 boys you have to go to the neighbor to borrow a QB?  Come on.  That’s pathetic.

Kids transferring OUT of schools that size so they can get some PT at a smaller school is one thing…this is something different and a bit head scratching.

I do agree with your last paragraph while heartedly.

Kids have no loyalty anymore.  There are kids on their 4th basketball team in as many years these days in Indiana.  The IHSAA is all over the place as well with these transfers and that’s truly what is pathetic.

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Kids have no loyalty anymore.  There are kids on their 4th basketball team in as many years these days in Indiana.  The IHSAA is all over the place as well with these transfers and that’s truly what is pathetic.

Do adults have loyalty?  At any level?

They need to be held accountable too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

For the most part, no, though I’d argue there’s a difference between remaining loyal and doing what’s best needed for your family.

In both scenarios.  Families justify transferring/moving schools with your point.

5 hours ago, slice60 said:

HCC 6th place Franklin Central (2-5 in conference) gave Center Grove a heck of a game in the Sectional opener-- lost 14-10 after FC took a 10-7 lead early 4th.

Just one of countless examples.