Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sagamore/WIC Conference changes on the horizon

On 3/13/2023 at 1:20 PM, Muda69 said:

Not surprised.  As Lebanon, Danville, and Tri-West become more and more part of the Indianapolis area/donut county urban sprawl they become less and less rural, and their enrollments will soon grow to dwarf those of the other Sagamore conference schools. 

If this comes to pass where does that leave Frankfort and Western Boone?  IMHO it opens the logical door for the Hot Dogs to petition for membership into the Hoosier Heartland conference.  As for Western Boone I really don't care what happens to them.................

Someone has to care about Frankfort.  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, XStar said:

Someone has to care about Frankfort.  

Frankfort would be better suited to be the big fish in a small pond.  What other sports besides boy's basketball would they even compete in in the Hoosier Heartland?  Soccer maybe?  They would be absolutely dreadful in the Hoosier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

Frankfort would be better suited to be the big fish in a small pond.  What other sports besides boy's basketball would they even compete in in the Hoosier Heartland?  Soccer maybe?  They would be absolutely dreadful in the Hoosier.

They have had a fairly successful baseball program over the last several years.  And they recently won the Sagamore conference title in boy's soccer, with a perfect conference record IIRC.

Also a brand spanking new Culver's restaurant opened today in Frankfort, right across the street from the high school.  That has to raise the town's socioeconomic standing, right?

Edited by Muda69

On 3/20/2023 at 1:50 PM, Muda69 said:

They have had a fairly successful baseball program over the last several years.  And they recently won the Sagamore conference title in boy's soccer, with a perfect conference record IIRC.

Also a brand spanking new Culver's restaurant opened today in Frankfort, right across the street from the high school.  That has to raise the town's socioeconomic standing, right?

Do you feel they'd be better suited to the Hoosier Heartland than the Hoosier?  McCullough is a good basketball coach, but I still don't think they would be a dominant school in the HHC, which actually has some good basketball schools.

With a Culver's there is now a reason not to bypass 28 when I pass through town.  I'm sure Hot Dog town's reputation will grow exponentially with this addition.

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

Do you feel they'd be better suited to the Hoosier Heartland than the Hoosier?  McCullough is a good basketball coach, but I still don't think they would be a dominant school in the HHC, which actually has some good basketball schools.

With a Culver's there is now a reason not to bypass 28 when I pass through town.  I'm sure Hot Dog town's reputation will grow exponentially with this addition.

Yes, the various Hot Dog athletic programs would be better suited in the Hoosier Heartland than the Hoosier.   And if they can't be a dominant basketball school in the HCC they sure as heck wouldn't be in the Hoosier.

As for Mr. McCullough, yes he is a veteran coach.  Who just suffered only his second ever losing season as a head coach (the 1st being in 1995!) in his first year with the Hot Dogs.  That's a foreboding statistic.

Yeah, the Culver's might pan out, if they retain quality employees.