Avon:  2.5

Brownsburg:  7.5

Fishers:  6.5

Franklin Central:  3.5

Hamilton Southeastern:  7.5

Noblesville:  3.5

Westfield:  6.5

Zionsville:  4.5

Hard to really nitpick this as Brownsburg and SE appear to be the favorites again. Outside of them I would expect a lot of parity considering the strenght of the conference as a whole. 

My gut feeling is Noblesville and Avon expectations. Tough Conference though where some solid teams will end up with 5-4 or 6-3 records. 

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

If it were that easy....

I mean, if one team is gonna exceed its projected win total, others are gonna fall short.

How would you handicap Avon’s win probabilities game by game heading into the season?

Here is how I would:

Double Digit Dogs:  @ Ben Davis, @ Hamilton Southeastern, vs Brownsburg, @ Fishers

Dogs By 1 Possession or Less:  vs Lawrence North, vs Westfield, @ Zionsville

Favored By 1 Possession or Less:  vs Franklin Central, vs Noblesville.

They gotta take care of category three and steal one from category 2.

Edited by temptation

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2023 at 10:57 AM, temptation said:

What say you?

Avon:  2.5

Brownsburg:  7.5

Fishers:  6.5

Franklin Central:  3.5

Hamilton Southeastern:  7.5

Noblesville:  3.5

Westfield:  6.5

Zionsville:  4.5

Avon will be under.

Brownsburg is an interesting case. I could see them ending up anywhere from 7-9.

Fishers is also interesting.  See them at 6-7.

Franklin Central needs to grab one of their last four to hit the over.  Will be close.

Hamilton Southeastern looks like they are going to be a near miss.  Don’t see them running the table.

Noblesville needs to hit one of their last four to hit the over.  I think they do.

I see Westfield getting to 7.

Zionsville may be a near miss.  They need two to hit the over and are underdogs in 3 of their last 4.

Edited by temptation

• 5 weeks later...

Final Results: 

Avon:  (2-7) UNDER…still reason for optimism on Indy’s west side as the Orioles improved week after week and cashed in late in the season with two big victories…kudos to the new staff for keeping the athletes motivated and showing perseverance.

Most likely end to their season:  (3-8) with a loss to Ben Davis in the sectional championship game.

Brownsburg:  (9-0) OVER…the real season begins for the Bulldogs now as they have to prove they can take the next step and turn regular season success into postseason success…draw did them zero favors as they travel to Ben Davis for the opening game of the sectional round.

Most likely end to their season:  (9-1) with a loss to Ben Davis in the first round of sectionals.

Fishers:  (6-3) UNDER…still what would have to be considered a program on the rise despite losing to the three best HCC programs…they are so close and are knocking on the door…draw was also rough on the Tigers as they’ll have to win two on the road (Homestead and HSE) to advance to the regional.

Most likely end to their season:  (7-4) with a loss to HSE in the sectional championship game

Franklin Central:  (4-5) OVER…even though they finished under .500, FC also has to be considered a program on the rise as they put a scare into the conference’s elite and are close to taking the next step…unfortunately they drew the lion’s den (a trip to CG) to start the tournament

Most likely end to their season:  (4-6) with a loss to Center Grove in the opening round of sectionals 

Hamilton Southeastern:  (7-2) UNDER…once again just because they did not hit the over doesn’t mean that the season was unsuccessful as this team has all of its goals in front of them…they squeaked one out against their rival and will likely have to do so again and lost to Brownsburg by one possession

Most likely end to their season:  (9-3) with a loss to Westfield in the regional round 

Noblesville:  (3-6) UNDER…still the most baffling team in the conference as they can look great at times and really play down to their level of their competition a week later (see weeks 8 and 9)…they have a “winnable” game in the opening round of the tournament which could go a long way for the Millers

Most likely end to their season:  (3-7) with a loss to Zionsville in the opening round of sectionals

Westfield:  (8-1) OVER…the Shamrocks had one bad Friday this fall and it was REALLY bad as they were blown out on their home field to conference champ Brownsburg…this team rallied and is fully capable of making it all the way to LOS.  A fun one that I’ve been waiting to see since Westfield took the next step…an opening round game at Carmel

Most likely end to their season:  (12-2) with a loss to Center Grove in the state title game

Zionsville:  (3-6) UNDER…the Eagles were a disappointment in 2023 but get a chance to feel good as they can avenge one of those losses in hosting Noblesville in the first game of the sectional round.

Most likely end to their season:  (4-7) with a loss to Westfield in the sectional championship game