Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC week #2

Friday, Aug. 25
Boone Grove at Clay - Welp Clay is looking at a 0-10 season. BG easily.
Bremen at Washington - Early conference match-up. Bremen takes this one. 
Culver Academy at Marian - It looks like Marian is going to have a repeat of last year. CMA with a solid win. 
Elkhart at Northridge - Elkhart with a pretty disappointing week 1. What is going on with that program? Northridge with a major surprise week 1. Granted Northside had 2 difference makers out, still a solid win for the Raiders. Anything other than a NR win would be a major surprise here.
Goshen at New Prairie - Heartbreaker for NP in week 1. Laporte is way better than expected, but it still took EVERYTHING to go Laporte's way to come away with the win. Goshen with an extremely disappointing week 1. NP easily in this one. 
Jimtown at Concord - Intriguing matchup. Head says Concord but wouldn't be surprised to see any outcome in this one. 
Mishawaka at Penn - Penn with a statement week 1, is this the year they get back to their former selves? Mishawaka with a solid week 1 win but I think Marian is weaker and had a lot to do with it. Penn easily in this one. 
Adams at Logansport - Toss up
Riley at Glenn - Interesting matchup. Riley consistently is hyped up but just seem to beat who they are suppose to and lose to superior teams. Is this year different. Glenn with a proven coach in year 2 seems like a safe bet. Another game that could go either way.  
St. Joseph at South Side - St Joe with a head turner for all the wrong reasons. No way should they be losing to Lakeland. Can they get a win against what is by far the worst program in Fort Wayne? This one will be a tight one.

My early predictions for the big schools:

1. Penn - Look to be the class of the conference (which they should be). They look to be a multiple touchdowns better than everyone else

2. NP - Yeah they loss to Laporte. LP will have a solid season, NP still has weapons around the field. Cut down on some stupid mistakes and they will have another good year.

3. Elkhart - They have to be better than St. Joe, Marian, and Adams, right?

4a. Marian

4b. St. Joe

4c. Adams

Boone Grove at Clay -
Bremen at Washington - This one might be the ugliest game this week. Two offenses that struggled week 1. Who can play mistake free football this week and solid defense? Hammond Central's D. Woods carved up the panther defense for 22 carries 222 yards and 3 scores. Can Bremen pound the rock without Mosner in the backfield? Bremen 21 Washington 13
Culver Academy at Marian - Two teams struggling to find their identity. Marian hasn't been the same since Atkinson's returning skills have left. Marian manages a close win 14-10
Elkhart VS Northridge- Elkhart hasn't impressed me. Northridge takes this one 28-21
Goshen at New Prairie - Is NP going to put all the weight on Marshall's shoulder? Can they find anyone to replace Mungia? NP bounces back this week 34-7
Jimtown at Concord - If concord can find success in the air early. Jimtown will struggle to catch up. Concord 28-14
Mishawaka at Penn - This one is going to be close. Mishawaka 21- Penn 14
Adams at Logansport - Adams best receiver went down in practice. Will see if they can muster up some points this week. Adams 7 Logansport 28
Riley VS Glenn- Not quite sure on this one. Riley beat GW soundly 48-12 and Glenn had to come back in the 4th quarter, against a team whose notable wins were Bishop Noll and South Central. Riley 34- Glenn 7
St. Joseph at South Side - Not much to say on this one. If STJ doesn't blow SS out. STJ will struggle all year. STJ 40 SS 7

BG vs Clay- Colonials woes continue.

Bremen vs Washington- something tells me the panthers squeak this one out.

CMA vs Marian- I have a feeling the Knights right the ship this week and come away with a W.

Elkhart vs Northridge- the lions have a ton of work to do to be considered a 6a power like a lot of people are saying. Raiders win this one easy.

Jimtown vs Concord- I can see this one going either way. I’ll take the Jimmies in a close one.

Riley vs Glenn- Riley airs it out and takes care of the falcons.

Mishawaka vs Penn- Glad to see this game back on the schedule. Kingsmen   Take care of business rather easily.

St Joe vs South side- Maybe the Indians?

NP vs Goshen- I think last week was a big eye opener for the Cougars. NP needs to stick with what they do best and run the ball. The combination of Kmiecik and Sinka has the potential to be lethal if they choose to utilize it. The passing game is there but Kmiecik needs to go through his progressions and not always go for the home run. That said cougars take care of business.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rocket said:

BG vs Clay- Colonials woes continue.

Bremen vs Washington- something tells me the panthers squeak this one out.

CMA vs Marian- I have a feeling the Knights right the ship this week and come away with a W.

Elkhart vs Northridge- the lions have a ton of work to do to be considered a 6a power like a lot of people are saying. Raiders win this one easy.

Jimtown vs Concord- I can see this one going either way. I’ll take the Jimmies in a close one.

Riley vs Glenn- Riley airs it out and takes care of the falcons.

Mishawaka vs Penn- Glad to see this game back on the schedule. Kingsmen   Take care of business rather easily.

St Joe vs South side- Maybe the Indians?

NP vs Goshen- I think last week was a big eye opener for the Cougars. NP needs to stick with what they do best and run the ball. The combination of Kmiecik and Sinka has the potential to be lethal if they choose to utilize it. The passing game is there but Kmiecik needs to go through his progressions and not always go for the home run. That said cougars take care of business.

I don't see anyone in the area taking care of Mishawaka easily . They have an offense designed to chew clock and his hard to stop(Think Navy) . It is ran by a veteran QB that can make plays . Penn will  probably have limited possessions , so they must cash in on the majority of them. I see this game much closer than most . 

4 hours ago, Bucksweep22 said:
Boone Grove at Clay -
Bremen at Washington - This one might be the ugliest game this week. Two offenses that struggled week 1. Who can play mistake free football this week and solid defense? Hammond Central's D. Woods carved up the panther defense for 22 carries 222 yards and 3 scores. Can Bremen pound the rock without Mosner in the backfield? Bremen 21 Washington 13
Culver Academy at Marian - Two teams struggling to find their identity. Marian hasn't been the same since Atkinson's returning skills have left. Marian manages a close win 14-10
Elkhart VS Northridge- Elkhart hasn't impressed me. Northridge takes this one 28-21
Goshen at New Prairie - Is NP going to put all the weight on Marshall's shoulder? Can they find anyone to replace Mungia? NP bounces back this week 34-7
Jimtown at Concord - If concord can find success in the air early. Jimtown will struggle to catch up. Concord 28-14
Mishawaka at Penn - This one is going to be close. Mishawaka 21- Penn 14
Adams at Logansport - Adams best receiver went down in practice. Will see if they can muster up some points this week. Adams 7 Logansport 28
Riley VS Glenn- Not quite sure on this one. Riley beat GW soundly 48-12 and Glenn had to come back in the 4th quarter, against a team whose notable wins were Bishop Noll and South Central. Riley 34- Glenn 7
St. Joseph at South Side - Not much to say on this one. If STJ doesn't blow SS out. STJ will struggle all year. STJ 40 SS 7

Buck....you are welcome to your opinion....but last week you were wildly wrong on the Penn game....

You want to go back down this road? 😉

6 hours ago, npcougar15 said:
Friday, Aug. 25
Boone Grove at Clay - Poor Clay.
Bremen at Washington -  this is a guess
Culver Academy at Marian - I think Marian is trying to find itself. 
Elkhart at Northridge - Northridge keeps the momentum going at Home against Elkhart
Goshen at New Prairie - I think NP gets back on track. 
Jimtown at Concord - Gut feeling
Mishawaka at Penn - 28-7..
Adams at Logansport - just because it is a home game for Logansport
Riley at Glenn - this could be a shootout or a defensive battle, either way I think it is close.
St. Joseph at South Side - I want to pick St. Joe, but the game is in Forth Wayne, it should be a good game.

13 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Buck....you are welcome to your opinion....but last week you were wildly wrong on the Penn game....

You want to go back down this road? 😉

Wildly? I predicted them to win and they won? I knew Valpo would give up 30+ but I didn't expect them to put up 21.

Was talking to my dad and he said he was talking to someone in Bremen and asked them about the football team this year and their response was “we’re small and we’re slow”. Doesn’t sound like a good combination. I don’t see Bremen winning more than a few games this year. 

18 hours ago, PantherPride said:

Was talking to my dad and he said he was talking to someone in Bremen and asked them about the football team this year and their response was “we’re small and we’re slow”. Doesn’t sound like a good combination. I don’t see Bremen winning more than a few games this year. 

I will say this, they are very small but I don't think they are slow. They may be the smallest Bremen team in a long time, LaVille was much bigger, but I give the Lions credit, they didn't shy away from hitting.

On 8/21/2023 at 4:43 PM, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I don't see anyone in the area taking care of Mishawaka easily . They have an offense designed to chew clock and his hard to stop(Think Navy) . It is ran by a veteran QB that can make plays . Penn will  probably have limited possessions , so they must cash in on the majority of them. I see this game much closer than most . 

Penn by 20 easy

12 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I hope your right . 

Are you going? We usually sit on the 40 on the south side when we go. Our son's have all graduated now, but a bunch of us former players get together for a couple games a year. Talking about having over 8000 fans there Friday. We will pregame at Wings ETC in Osceola.

33 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

The throw was poor. If he put something on it may have been a different result. 

Agreed, hindsight is 20/20. Penn probably would've scored easily just sticking to the ground game, but in all honesty it was a pretty low risk pass play with a mobile QB rolling out with a receiver (who was open). Just a bad pass.

Else where around the NIC big schools:

NP  - takes care of Goshen rather easily. Goshen had a good game plan coming in (NP only had 1 possession going into the 2nd quarter). And they have a real nice player in their running back. They just wore down.

St. Joe - Blows out South, how bad is FW South?

Elkhart - Honestly surprised it was a 1 score game. Thought NR was going to run away with it. Anybody have a recap here?

Marian - Nice that they were able to sneak one out. 

Adams - Again nice for them to get in the win column. SB schools beating non-SB schools have been few and far between the past few years; good to see. 

Edited by npcougar15
spelling

17 minutes ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Fort Wayne South has lost like 19 games in a row

They are going thru a culture change

Starting QB and RB were freshman

The Bremen scored surprised me 

Watched the Bremen game online. It surprised me as well. The Lions executed and played good defense. Washington was missing their starting Quarterback. Washington made a bunch of mistakes early and Bremen capitalized on them. 

On 8/26/2023 at 2:16 PM, MarshallCounty said:

Watched the Bremen game online. It surprised me as well. The Lions executed and played good defense. Washington was missing their starting Quarterback. Washington made a bunch of mistakes early and Bremen capitalized on them. 

Is it surprising? Bremen beat them soundly last year. All of Washington's minimal production graduated last year. Their looking at a 1-9 season.