Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Noblesville vs. Homestead

42-0 with a running clock that started in the 3rd quarter. Homestead literally couldn’t do anything. Couldn’t stop the Power T. Couldn’t stop the trap. Couldn’t build a rhythm on offense. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse performance out of the Spartans. Noblesville is interesting. Pretty big and aggressive on D. A lot of 3rd year players. Offense is running the Power T to perfection and they have a TE with 4 Mac and an IU offer. He made some very nice plays tonight in the passing game. The HCC is deep this year.  

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

42-0 with a running clock that started in the 3rd quarter. Homestead literally couldn’t do anything. Couldn’t stop the Power T. Couldn’t stop the trap. Couldn’t build a rhythm on offense. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse performance out of the Spartans. Noblesville is interesting. Pretty big and aggressive on D. A lot of 3rd year players. Offense is running the Power T to perfection and they have a TE with 4 Mac and an IU offer. He made some very nice plays tonight in the passing game. The HCC is deep this year.  

Noblesville fans been waiting for a long time…

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, psaboy said:

It seems as if the Homestead program is now struggling, Anyone have any thoughts on why??

Or maybe they're not struggling. Maybe Carmel is overrated. Maybe Noblesville is underrated and the Millers are just THAT good. Are they a struggling program if they beat Wayne next week by two touchdowns? It's still early to jump to conclusions in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Or maybe they're not struggling. Maybe Carmel is overrated. Maybe Noblesville is underrated and the Millers are just THAT good. Are they a struggling program if they beat Wayne next week by two touchdowns? It's still early to jump to conclusions in my opinion. 

Will also know more about the Millers in the next 3 weeks !

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Just wondering, they seem to be trending down IMO. 11-9 in past two seasons. They just seemed to be a program on the rise after the 2020 season. Maybe a case of Covid hang over 😀

3 hours ago, BTF said:

I don't know BTF. That was one of the worst Homestead teams I've seen in years. I was on the Homestead bandwagon a few years ago. This team just looks.........inexperienced. There's still some meat on the bones in terms of talent.

Edited by Boilernation

27 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I don't know BTF. That was one of the worst Homestead teams I've seen in years. I was on the Homestead bandwagon a few years ago. This team just looks.........inexperienced. There's still some meat on the bones in terms of talent.

I haven't seen them yet, so I'll just take your word for it. But if Homestead is that bad, is Carmel bad too?

24 minutes ago, BTF said:

Haven't seen either team play, I just know the difference between the two teams was a late interception for a touchdown. Sounds pretty equal to me. 

Yeah,  you’re likely correct but we all know Carmel gets the “Indy bump” (and the Temp is just as guilty as anyone)…

I did move them down significantly yesterday, not so as much that they lost to a loaded CBC team but more so with which the ease Noblesville took care of the same opponent that Carmel struggled with the previous week.

Separate topic…if Franklin Central and Noblesville are indeed for real, the 2023 HCC could rival some of the best years that the MIC had in “recent” years.

Edited by temptation

Just now, temptation said:

Yeah,  you’re likely correct but we all know Carmel gets the “Indy bump” (and the Temp is just as guilty as anyone)…

I did move them down significantly yesterday, not so as much that they lost to a loaded CBC team but more so with which the ease Noblesville took care of the same opponent that Carmel struggled with the previous week.

I had Noblesville by 14. The final score shocked me. It's still hard to draw conclusions after two weeks, but either Noblesville is either really good, or Homestead is really bad. The Spartans have an opportunity to gain some respect next week against a pretty decent Wayne team.