Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFCA Poll week 2

12 hours ago, BTF said:

Warren Central almost beat Carroll on the Chargers home turf. Definitely Top 20.

If you just look at the box score, sure.

I watched em in weeks 1/2…if that’s a top 20 team it’s a poor indictment of the quality of football in the state.

I’ll give you top 30 with the right to change my mind if they beat (hell COMPETE with anyone remaining on their schedule not named Pike).

Edited by temptation

13 hours ago, temptation said:

If you just look at the box score, sure.

I watched em in weeks 1/2…if that’s a top 20 team it’s a poor indictment of the quality of football in the state.

I’ll give you top 30 with the right to change my mind if they beat (hell COMPETE with anyone remaining on their schedule not named Pike).

I just don't see how losing to Snider and Carroll disqualifies a team from Top 25 status. I'll tell you "I told you so" in Week 9. 

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

I just don't see how losing to Snider and Carroll disqualifies a team from Top 25 status. I'll tell you "I told you so" in Week 9. 

HOW they lost both games.  Not THAT they lost.

You really think they’ll be ranked at 3-6…because that’s likely their record after 9 weeks.

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

You really think they’ll be ranked at 3-6…because that’s likely their record after 9 weeks.

No, I think they'll rank in the Top 25. Do you really think they'd lose to Plainfield?

8 hours ago, BTF said:

No, I think they'll rank in the Top 25. Do you really think they'd lose to Plainfield?

Based on what I’ve seen after three weeks?  Yep.

At some point what happens on the field has to matter.  You can’t continually give a team a pass. 

I don’t care how tough a team’s schedule is.

They could climb back in to the poll with a couple of wins or even a competitive loss to BD, LN, Carmel or LC but at this point I don’t see that happening.

Edited by temptation

10 hours ago, temptation said:

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Based on what I’ve seen after three weeks?  Yep.

At some point what happens on the field has to matter.  You can’t continually give a team a pass. 

I don’t care how tough a team’s schedule is.

They could climb back in to the poll with a couple of wins or even a competitive loss to BD, LN, Carmel or LC but at this point I don’t see that happening.

So, you think WC beats Cristian Brothers ? Must be since you think theyll likely be 3-6 and you dont see them being competitive against BD, LN, Carmel or LC !

1 hour ago, dazed and confused said:

So, you think WC beats Cristian Brothers ? Must be since you think theyll likely be 3-6 and you dont see them being competitive against BD, LN, Carmel or LC !

I think they can somehow manage a split against the Lawrence schools if the stars align.  

Friday night slightly changed my mind.

Edited by temptation