Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #3

13-3 after two weeks...

King (MI) @ Carmel:  I think this is a get right game for Carmel as King has come up empty the last two years against Indiana competition and this year's team may be a year away from returning to national glory as Dante Moore is now on the west coast.  They do have some playmakers on defense but they are outmanned here as the Greyhounds boast a 5/1 enrollment advantage.  Carmel wins 35-20.

Lawrence Central vs Lawrence North @ LOS:  Maybe I am old school but it is a travesty they have taken this game out of Lawrence Township where the stands would be packed and moved it down town.  LC proved it belongs on the short list of the state's elite, albeit in an overtime thrilling loss to Westfield last week.  The Wildcats are flying high after a 2-0 start but the Bears are by far their toughest test yet.  I'll take LC here 34-17.

North Central @ Warren Central:  The Warriors are not accustomed to being 0-2 but here we are.  Like Carmel, this is a get right game for Warren in Derek Hart's homecoming.  Can this propel the Warriors to figure some things out as the schedule gets more daunting going forward?  We will find out.  Warren wins 41-7.

Pike @ Ben Davis:  Pike looked like they had improved tremendously in week 1 in a close loss to Zionsville before being blown out by Fishers.  BD avoided any kind of a let down after their hot start in the Buckeye state by easily disposing of west side rival Avon.  Now the task is to not look ahead as IMG awaits in week 4.  Won't be much resistance for the Giants.  They roll here.  45-13.

Trinity (KY) @ Center Grove:  Rumors of a step back by Center Grove were greatly exaggerated and a win here likely propels them back to #1 in the Temp's rankings.  What's that you say?  A PASSING GAME for the Trojans?  They'll continue to improve and should comfortably roll here in my opinion.  CG wins 27-17.

What say you?

Edited by temptation

3 hours ago, temptation said:

13-3 after two weeks...

King (MI) @ Carmel:  I think this is a get right game for Carmel as King has come up empty the last two years against Indiana competition and this year's team may be a year away from returning to national glory as Dante Moore is now on the west coast.  They do have some playmakers on defense but they are outmanned here as the Greyhounds boast a 5/1 enrollment advantage.  Carmel wins 35-20.

Lawrence Central vs Lawrence North @ LOS:  Maybe I am old school but it is a travesty they have taken this game out of Lawrence Township where the stands would be packed and moved it down town.  LC proved it belongs on the short list of the state's elite, albeit in an overtime thrilling loss to Westfield last week.  The Wildcats are flying high after a 2-0 start but the Bears are by far their toughest test yet.  I'll take LC here 34-17.

North Central @ Warren Central:  The Warriors are not accustomed to being 0-2 but here we are.  Like Carmel, this is a get right game for Warren in Derek Hart's homecoming.  Can this propel the Warriors to figure some things out as the schedule gets more daunting going forward?  We will find out.  Warren wins 41-7.

Pike @ Ben Davis:  Pike looked like they had improved tremendously in week 1 in a close loss to Zionsville before being blown out by Fishers.  BD avoided any kind of a let down after their hot start in the Buckeye state by easily disposing of west side rival Avon.  Now the task is to not look ahead as IMG awaits in week 4.  Won't be much resistance for the Giants.  They roll here.  45-13.

Trinity (KY) @ Center Grove:  Rumors of a step back by Center Grove were greatly exaggerated and a win here likely propels them back to #1 in the Temp's rankings.  What's that you say?  A PASSING GAME for the Trojans?  They'll continue to improve and should comfortably roll here in my opinion.  CG wins 27-17.

What say you?

Feel like CG has had a passing game for 3 to 4 years now. Seems as if they really have to pass this year though. 

Carmel game should be interesting. 

18 hours ago, temptation said:

13-3 after two weeks...

What say you?

The battle for the Victory Bell should be pretty interesting with LC and LN. BD Alum Mike Brevard returns to BD for the first time as Pike coach. Cherry has a good arm for CG.

17 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Feel like CG has had a passing game for 3 to 4 years now. Seems as if they really have to pass this year though. 

That's hard to say....CG has played 2 games against teams nationally ranked #31 or better so far this season.  Quality of competition will continue with Louisville Trinity next, followed by Cincy Moeller.  Against that level of competition, they will take what's given.  

That being said, CG is bringing new backs into the stable this year, developing Oline, and they have a fantastic D1 QB with nice targets.  Coach Moore and Coach Siderewicz (2 Indiana Football Hall of Famers) will use what is needed to get it done.  Is this the year they run to set up the pass?...perhaps.  If teams stack the box, my guess is that the ball will be in the air.  I am not yet going to agree they have a one dimensional offense.

Edited by Bash Riprock