Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chatard vs Knox Semi-state

To start this off I graduated from Knox, I now live near Columbus Ohio. So proud of these kids this is something the Knox community has always wanted and deserved. It's definitely hard to compare these two schools. I have watched Chatard be a top contender for state titles my entire life and decades prior. 13 state championships and 18 appearances I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). This is Knox's 3rd sectional title ever, 1st regional ever and 1st semi state game ever. Chatard may have every upper hand possible but, there is something to be said about the will of a group trying to make history. There is something to said about the hungrier team. Lastly there is something to be said about having the best athlete on the field and Myles Mclaughlin is definitely the best player on the field tonight. 

Goodluck to my Redskins! 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ryan11p said:

To start this off I graduated from Knox, I now live near Columbus Ohio. So proud of these kids this is something the Knox community has always wanted and deserved. It's definitely hard to compare these two schools. I have watched Chatard be a top contender for state titles my entire life and decades prior. 13 state championships and 18 appearances I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). This is Knox's 3rd sectional title ever, 1st regional ever and 1st semi state game ever. Chatard may have every upper hand possible but, there is something to be said about the will of a group trying to make history. There is something to said about the hungrier team. Lastly there is something to be said about having the best athlete on the field and Myles Mclaughlin is definitely the best player on the field tonight. 

Goodluck to my Redskins! 

Sorry but this game is over early. No match. Kudos to Knox on a nice season. 

6 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I’ll be honest, prior to Radtke showing up I’m not sure I had ever heard of Knox. But here’s what will happen. Knox will be well prepared. They’ll have a great game plan and they will execute it to the best of their ability. And at the end of the day, they’ll lose to a better team, but they will show up and compete. 

That's fair. John Hendryx was only there for 5 years and guided them to their first sectional title, he left to go to his Alma mater winamac and left arguably his best team at Knox which was Radtkes first team. That Knox team just had injuries and other issues

Hendryx's five years. 

6-6

9-3

9-2

7-4

11-2 (sectional champs)

thats why I said he got them going and Radtke took the baton and ran with it. Knox has done well with their last two football hires. 

• Like 2

It will be fun to see what Myles Mclaughlin accomplishes in the next 2 years. Only a sophomore now I think the sky is the limit for him. Kiser from Pioneer plays for Notre Dame and I think Mclaughlin will have some major opportunities at the next level. It will also be great to see Chatard move up and play some more evenly matched teams next year. No disrespect but I'll never understand indiana and illinois private schools playing in these smaller divisions. 

16 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Hats off to the Knox fans. They traveled well. Great turnout. Good fight from your boys. Best of luck next year.

That is one heck of a football team you all have there, as well as program! Wow! Want to say good luck at state. But, I don't think you need it. 

• Like 3