Who is your Top 6?

BTF

3 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Agree with you on this. Here is how I see next week going down:

1. Michigan - will crush Iowa

2. Washington/Oregon winner 

3. Georgia - will lose to Alabama 

4. Ohio State

Florida State will lose next week n their title game, just not sold on their new QB. Texas, Alabama, and Ohio State are in the mix for #4 spot, gut feeling says Ohio State will get it

Don’t kid yourself.  If Bama beats UGA, they are in.

6 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

There’s a precedent for this. Oklahoma got in during the Baker Mayfield years over Ohio State by virtue of beating Ohio State in Columbus. There’s no way Alabama jumps Texas if Texas wins Saturday.

So if Bama beats UGA how far does Georgia fall?  They out?

Zero SEC teams?  Come on.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:53 AM, Footballking16 said:

There’s no way the SEC is getting two teams in if Texas wins Saturday.

Georgia just needs to win the game, or we're going to have a mess on our hands. 

If Alabama wins: 

Michigan, Texas, Alabama, Washington/Oregon winner. Undefeated Florida State left in the dust. 

Just now, Footballking16 said:

And Georgia out too?

Tragically, yes. It's an utter mess. I think we all know that Ohio State is one of the top four. Let's stop kidding ourselves. The best four teams in the country right now are:

1. Michigan - if they don't beat Iowa, then I give up

2. Georgia - regardless of what happens Saturday, they are one of the top four

3. Ohio State - top four, end of discussion

4. Oregon - playing pretty good football, I'll take them over Alabama right now

I think Oregon and Michigan win their games by multiple scores. I think Georgia wins. Neither Florida State (lol) or Texas should jump Ohio State (although it wouldn't hurt my feelings)

The playoff should be Michigan, Georgia, Oregon, and Ohio State. But the committee will find a reason to jump either Texas or Florida State over Ohio State. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Tragically, yes. It's an utter mess. I think we all know that Ohio State is one of the top four. Let's stop kidding ourselves. The best four teams in the country right now are:

1. Michigan - if they don't beat Iowa, then I give up

2. Georgia - regardless of what happens Saturday, they are one of the top four

3. Ohio State - top four, end of discussion

4. Oregon - playing pretty good football, I'll take them over Alabama right now

I think Oregon and Michigan win their games by multiple scores. I think Georgia wins. Neither Florida State (lol) or Texas should jump Ohio State (although it wouldn't hurt my feelings)

The playoff should be Michigan, Georgia, Oregon, and Ohio State. But the committee will find a reason to jump either Texas or Florida State over Ohio State. 

Winning your conference championship should count for something, otherwise, why have them? Florida State getting left out because their QB is hurt isn't really justice. 

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Winning your conference championship should count for something, otherwise, why have them? Florida State getting left out because their QB is hurt isn't really justice. 

I thought it was about picking the best four teams, maybe I'm wrong. 

I'm pretty sure conference championships are more about the money than a launching pad into the playoff. 

Edited by BTF

1 minute ago, BTF said:

I thought it was about picking the best four teams, maybe I'm wrong. 

I'm pretty sure conference championships are more about the money than a launching pad into the playoff. 

Well that's just it, there's no set criteria. It seems to switch every season. One year it's about best wins and the next year it's about quality losses. And the year after that they value conference champions. 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Well that's just it, there's no set criteria. It seems to switch every season. One year it's about best wins and the next year it's about quality losses. And the year after that they value conference champions. 

Understood. But if I'm on the committee, I really don't want Florida State, Texas, or Washington in there. Hopefully the weekend turns out in a way the committee isn't faced with tough decisions to appease the masses. 

Just now, BTF said:

Understood. But if I'm on the committee, I really don't want Florida State, Texas, or Washington in there. Hopefully the weekend turns out in a way the committee isn't faced with tough decisions to appease the masses. 

Right because it's a money grab, not because they didn't deserve to get in. If you go undefeated in a P5 conference and don't get in over a team who didn't even win their own division there's nothing really else to say. 

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Right because it's a money grab, not because they didn't deserve to get in. If you go undefeated in a P5 conference and don't get in over a team who didn't even win their own division there's nothing really else to say. 

It's not Ohio State and Alabama's fault they play in a good conference and Florida State doesn't. It's not a money grab to me, it's about the four best teams. You know as well as I do that Florida State wouldn't beat the Buckeyes or the Tide. 

Let's be honest. Florida State wouldn't beat Notre Dame. 

Edited by BTF

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

Financially, the committee would love Texas to be in the playoff.  Big time.

If Florida State or Washington wins their conference championship, they deserve to be in the playoff.

21 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Totally agree.  I wish they would have stopped at 8 team in the playoff.  Conference championship winner for each Power 5 (before one was dissolved over $$) and 3 at large teams.  Would love to see at least one of the 3 at large's from a non-power 5 (4) conference if deserving rankings.  (all else being equal)

This would put more emphasis on conference champions with an automatic berth.

4 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Financially, the committee would love Texas to be in the playoff.  Big time.

If Florida State or Washington wins their conference championship, they deserve to be in the playoff.

So it's not about the four best teams? I'm confused. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

It's not Ohio State and Alabama's fault they play in a good conference and Florida State doesn't. It's not a money grab to me, it's about the four best teams. You know as well as I do that Florida State wouldn't beat the Buckeyes or the Tide. 

Let's be honest. Florida State wouldn't beat Notre Dame. 

Alabama LOST to Texas on their home field yet you're advocating their inclusion over Texas. Alabama and Florida State have one mutual opponent: LSU. FSU beat them by 28, Alabama 14. Yeah they aren't the same team without their QB but they've EARNED their way into the playoff more so than Alabama. Why play the season in the first place? Put Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Michigan in every year and don't worry about anything else. 

Alabama LOST to Texas on their home field yet you're advocating their inclusion over Texas. Alabama and Florida State have one mutual opponent: LSU. FSU beat them by 28, Alabama 14. Yeah they aren't the same team without their QB but they've EARNED their way into the playoff more so than Alabama. Why play the season in the first place? Put Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Michigan in every year and don't worry about anything else. 

I know that sucks, but it is what it is. Can we agree that Alabama is a better team now than what they were when the played Texas? 

Honestly? I think this is the worst field since the playoff started back in 2013. This Alabama team wouldn't even be Top 7 any other year. 

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

I know that sucks, but it is what it is. Can we agree that Alabama is a better team now than what they were when the played Texas? 

Honestly? I think this is the worst field since the playoff started back in 2013. This Alabama team wouldn't even be Top 7 any other year. 

Alabama needed to convert a 4th and 31 just for this weekend to mean anything. Alabama is being carried by their name only. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

So it's not about the four best teams? I'm confused. 

I think those teams have proven it.  Washington would be undefeated beating Oregon twice.  (my doubts about the 2nd time beating them)  That is significant.  They would be in no question.

If FSU runs the table, huge accomplishment.  Absolutely waxed LSU.  Have been in the top 4 all season long until their QB was injured.  I think they have a more than legitimate shot to be Louisville in the conference tournament.  How do you eliminate a team that has run the table?  They've held their ranking all season long.

Texas...for the same reason FB16 listed...they beat Bama at their place...identical record has to go with head to head competition.

Alabama needed to convert a 4th and 31 just for this weekend to mean anything. Alabama is being carried by their name only. 

True....against an Auburn team that has not been burning it up this year.  Bama does not pull that off against Michigan, Oregon, Ohio State, Washington, etc.