Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2024

On 5/2/2024 at 9:54 AM, jets said:

Ahh I was not aware of that - I thought both had converted to the 21st century ! 

Are SR and VL the only schools on EASTERN time as well?? (That's honestly how they should determine sectionals...if you are on stupid....er I mean Central time - then you all get grouped together!) 

It is dumb that Indiana is even on Eastern time, Indiana is NOT Eastern. The whole state should switch to Central time!

its better for sports and watching sports anyways! 

Farmers and tractors have enough lights and navigational systems that they can work with less natural light for an hour or two! Its about the kids anyways.... right? 

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Coaches have to say the correct things, especially to media outlets and what-not. And honestly - it is a done deal so the correct attitude to have it "let's strap it up and get it on"

But is NO ONE going to point out how laughable sectional 31 is compared to 32?? I know some sectionals will undoubtedly be tougher - but can no one in the executive room take a step back and look and go......"well lets see: Gibson, Memorial, HH, MD, SR" compared to "Owen Valley, Madison, Edinburg, Scottsburg, Corydon Central" ......"yup, looks about right to me" 

And don't point to geography ...OV to Madison is 2 hours and 11 minutes.....Gibson/Eville 1 hour 30 minutes

Sorry to offend anyone....just no one had said it yet. 

And I REALLY don't care all that much....you play who is in front of you. I just don't like illogical things

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sidelined56 said:

It is dumb that Indiana is even on Eastern time, Indiana is NOT Eastern. The whole state should switch to Central time!

its better for sports and watching sports anyways! 

Farmers and tractors have enough lights and navigational systems that they can work with less natural light for an hour or two! Its about the kids anyways.... right? 

Could not agree more.  Geographically there is NO WAY Indiana should be on Eastern Time.

Edited by Titan32

Pretty sweet, huh? We love it. The Gibco Motor Express family "sold" it to the school for $40k, which the booster club is paying, so it won't cost the school a dime.. DPatrick did the wrap for free. AD said a couple of weeks ago that for just spring sports it's already saved us over $15k. 

10 hours ago, tango said:

Pretty sweet, huh? We love it. The Gibco Motor Express family "sold" it to the school for $40k, which the booster club is paying, so it won't cost the school a dime.. DPatrick did the wrap for free. AD said a couple of weeks ago that for just spring sports it's already saved us over $15k. 

40k exceeds most publics booster funds entire yearly budget significantly.  The Meeks are generous, however, how is a company named Gibco and not in Gibson County?  I suggest they relocate immediately!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=776747077700875

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://city-countyobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Mar25-2010-completeissue.pdf

https://www.gibcomotorexpress.com/home

4 hours ago, Titan32 said:

40k exceeds most publics booster funds entire yearly budget significantly.  The Meeks are generous, however, how is a company named Gibco and not in Gibson County?  I suggest they relocate immediately!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=776747077700875

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://city-countyobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Mar25-2010-completeissue.pdf

https://www.gibcomotorexpress.com/home

10k per year. If you aren't raising that you need a new AD. LOL

On 5/4/2024 at 11:48 PM, tango said:

10k per year. If you aren't raising that you need a new AD. LOL

At most publics the AD has nothing to do with the any of the Booster clubs.

Man, starting to see a trend here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

At most publics the AD has nothing to do with the any of the Booster clubs.

Man, starting to see a trend here.

I was not aware of that. Our booster club (now) operates under the supervision of the AD so the money raised is used how the AD wants, not how individual boosters want. We used to have a bunch of sport groups hitting up the same people over and over and it became a real problem. Does GS have separate clubs for each sport? 

6 minutes ago, tango said:

I was not aware of that. Our booster club (now) operates under the supervision of the AD so the money raised is used how the AD wants, not how individual boosters want. We used to have a bunch of sport groups hitting up the same people over and over and it became a real problem. Does GS have separate clubs for each sport? 

We used to have one school wide one (totally parent ran)...it kind of died off with lack of leadership in the past few years.  Individual sports one have taken it's place in recent years (again totally removed from the school).  These groups are incorporated for purposes of 501C3 reporting and the school really wants nothing to do with it.  From my understanding this is more the norm in the land of publics.  Finding money can be challenging if a sport that doesn't have a strong booster group and makes a deeper than expected run in the playoffs.  Said another way, the schools do nothing to raise private funding.  In some cases Coaches choose to take it upon themselves.

• Like 2

More will be announced in the coming months, but Memorial will host Castle in a Wk 9 "throwback" game at historic Bosse Field on Oct. 18. Many don't realize several Evansville high schools used to play football games at Bosse Field until the early 19070s, including Rex Mundi (closed in 1972), Central, North, and Memorial. Memorial hosted Belleville IL West in 2011 in the first football game there in 40 years. If it weren't for having to move the goal posts (literally) from our practice field to Bosse Field, we just might try to do it every year. Should be a fun night.

BF Dugout.jpg

BF Field.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tango said:

More will be announced in the coming months, but Memorial will host Castle in a Wk 9 "throwback" game at historic Bosse Field on Oct. 18. Many don't realize several Evansville high schools used to play football games at Bosse Field until the early 19070s, including Rex Mundi (closed in 1972), Central, North, and Memorial. Memorial hosted Belleville IL West in 2011 in the first football game there in 40 years. If it weren't for having to move the goal posts (literally) from our practice field to Bosse Field, we just might try to do it every year. Should be a fun night.

BF Dugout.jpg

BF Field.jpg

That Belleville game was electrifying from what I remembered about it 

Posted (edited)

I don't think this behind the paywall.... Here is a link to the Courier article today, which includes a nice little highlight reel of the Tigers W over undefeated Reitz in the Sectional championship last November too. 

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2024/05/09/evansville-bosse-baseball-field-to-host-castle-vs-memorial-high-school-football-game/73555962007/

Edited by tango
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tango said:

I don't think this behind the paywall.... Here is a link to the Courier article today, which includes a nice little highlight reel of the Tigers W over undefeated Reitz in the Sectional championship last November too. 

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2024/05/09/evansville-bosse-baseball-field-to-host-castle-vs-memorial-high-school-football-game/73555962007/

Going to be a fun one, tailgating should be popping beforehand.