Snider over Wayne. 

Congratulations to Luers! 🔔

3 hours ago, jakone said:

Dwenger at Concordia

Luers at Homestead

North Side at Carroll

Northrop at South Side

Wayne at Snider

Dwenger 42 - Concordia 0 - Saints get ready for the playoffs with an easy win over the hapless Cadets

Homestead 42 - Luers 21 - Luers get an outright conference title with a win, not going to happen. Let’s be honest, had they played Carroll or Snider, they wouldn’t be undefeated or even in consideration for a title. Truthfully, they would lose to both by 28+ points

Carroll 56 - North Side 27 - Chargers can name the score against North though the Legends will score some points

South Side 27 - Northrop 14 - Archers get a much needed win while the Bruins slip further into the abyss

Snider 42 - Wayne 14 - Panthers too much for the Generals

9 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Dwenger 42 - Concordia 0 - Saints get ready for the playoffs with an easy win over the hapless Cadets

Homestead 42 - Luers 21 - Luers get an outright conference title with a win, not going to happen. Let’s be honest, had they played Carroll or Snider, they wouldn’t be undefeated or even in consideration for a title. Truthfully, they would lose to both by 28+ points

Carroll 56 - North Side 27 - Chargers can name the score against North though the Legends will score some points

South Side 27 - Northrop 14 - Archers get a much needed win while the Bruins slip further into the abyss

Snider 42 - Wayne 14 - Panthers too much for the Generals

I said when this format was announced that someone was always going to have the easiest schedule. As a Luers fan I was fine with playing Carroll and Snider every year, but as Billy Joel once said "We didn't start."

2 hours ago, jakone said:

I said when this format was announced that someone was always going to have the easiest schedule. As a Luers fan I was fine with playing Carroll and Snider every year, but as Billy Joel once said "We didn't start."

Look, you can only beat who is on your schedule, but to not play the best 2 teams in the conference is silly. Even if they beat Sparty, nobody should consider them the SAC champion. Luers may go on and win a state title this year, and I hope they do, but they aren’t even close to being the best team in the SAC

26 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Look, you can only beat who is on your schedule, but to not play the best 2 teams in the conference is silly. Even if they beat Sparty, nobody should consider them the SAC champion. Luers may go on and win a state title this year, and I hope they do, but they aren’t even close to being the best team in the SAC

Do away with divisions or you are going to have Luers playing North, Wayne, South and Concordia every year that lessen  the options. By the way 2a Luers will or should play Snider and Carroll, East Noble, New Haven, Dwenger, North and Wayne next Year

• Like 1

Dwenger-Concordia...Saints get a nice get right game going into sectionals where they got a favorable draw. Heard Dwengers RB may be out for the year so will need to fill that gap in. Long year almost over for the Cadets...Dwenger by 30

Luers-Homestead...the sanctity of the Victory Bell is at stake here lol. Luers has done all they were tasked to do and won what their schedule permitted. Think this one is 100% dependent on what version of Homestead shows up. I'm thinking the good one will. Spartans by 10

North Side-Carroll...Chargers also get a get right game. Hearing Tae may be done for the year at North, hoping that kid can figure it out at the next level. Chargers by 40

Northrop-South Side....Game of the week? Think South has just enough to get it done. Archers by 3

Wayne-Snider..Think this game could be over super fast if both teams just choose to run the ball all night. Panthers roll. Snider by 28

Dwenger should have the mercy rule in place by the third quarter. It's been a long time since I've seen Concordia this non competitive and the Saints seem to a little better each week. Dwenger by 42

I think Luers will put up a fight, but in the end, 6A takes this game. Homestead is capable, as seen in the Snider and Carmel games, but we've also seen them lay an egg. Lay an egg tomorrow Spartans, I don't believe in co-championships. Homestead by 10

North Side has no chance in this game if Carroll half way shows up. The Legends are a mess in more ways than one. This one screams mercy rule. Chargers by 42

Northrop/South Side is one of three good contests on the table Friday night. I really like this South Side team and the direction they are headed. The Bruins just seem to have a curse on them. Archers by 14.

Wayne will give Snider fits. Where the Generals continue to get better every week, Snider may have peaked in Weeks 1 & 2. This one is closer then most think and won't be won until the fourth quarter. Panthers by 10

5 hours ago, IPFWFootball said:

Dwenger-Concordia...Saints get a nice get right game going into sectionals where they got a favorable draw. Heard Dwengers RB may be out for the year so will need to fill that gap in. Long year almost over for the Cadets...Dwenger by 30

Luers-Homestead...the sanctity of the Victory Bell is at stake here lol. Luers has done all they were tasked to do and won what their schedule permitted. Think this one is 100% dependent on what version of Homestead shows up. I'm thinking the good one will. Spartans by 10

North Side-Carroll...Chargers also get a get right game. Hearing Tae may be done for the year at North, hoping that kid can figure it out at the next level. Chargers by 40

Northrop-South Side....Game of the week? Think South has just enough to get it done. Archers by 3

Wayne-Snider..Think this game could be over super fast if both teams just choose to run the ball all night. Panthers roll. Snider by 28

If the good Homestead shows up, Sparty wins by 30+ points. If the bad Homestead shows up, Sparty wins by 14 points 

13 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I can’t get beyond East Noble just shellacking Luers 51-7 and Snider thumping East Noble a week later. 

I know the feeling, I can't get beyond Carroll shellacking Homestead but then Homestead beat Snider. It's been a wacky season in the SAC.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 6:05 PM, Komets2727 said:

I'm sorry but this is coming off as sour grapes.  Luers didn't make their schedule and ,yeah your right, not playing two of the top teams may cause people to disregard what they've done.  Make no mistake about it though, IF they beat Homestead this Fri (and that's a very BIG if) they fully have earned the right as SAC champs and to lay claim to that title.  I don't care about that they didn't play Carroll if they beat Homestead due to the fact that Homestead beat Snider, plain and simple.  In the end, if they win Friday, they did what they needed to do to claim the title, BUT I think we are heading to a 3 way tie if I'm being honest.

25 minutes ago, NE8_Fan said:

I'm sorry but this is coming off as sour grapes.  Luers didn't make their schedule and ,yeah your right, not playing two of the top teams may cause people to disregard what they've done.  Make no mistake about it though, IF they beat Homestead this Fri (and that's a very BIG if) they fully have earned the right as SAC champs and to lay claim to that title.  I don't care about that they didn't play Carroll if they beat Homestead due to the fact that Homestead beat Snider, plain and simple.  In the end, if they win Friday, they did what they needed to do to claim the title, BUT I think we are heading to a 3 way tie if I'm being honest.

I'm interested in seeing how Dwenger or Wayne does against East Noble or New Haven because I know Luers is much improved over the season due to young inexperienced team.

10 minutes ago, jakone said:

I'm interested in seeing how Dwenger or Wayne does against East Noble or New Haven because I know Luers is much improved over the season due to young inexperienced team.

Sectional 19 is going to be murderer's row.....top 3 teams in NE8 on the same side and both SAC teams on other side, let alone facing off in 1st round.  I know a few NE8 coaches are cautiously looking at that BD/Wayne matchup and actually are more worried about Wayne than Dwenger.  But yeah, seeing the scores of Luers against NH and EN the first 2 weeks then to see what Luers has done since.....impressive.  As of late, NH has been on a little decline without Mylan and now there are rumblings he may be done for the season.  East Noble just physically PUMMELLED them and that would not be sign if they where to get to a matchup with a Wayne or Dwenger.  With that being said, I see Leo facing off with Dwenger in the Finals, and if Leo finds more ways to get the ball in Hurst's hands, Dwenger could be in trouble.

1 hour ago, NE8_Fan said:

Not sour grapes, just telling the truth. Who is picking Luers to beat Carroll or Snider? There isn’t a coach in the SAC that wouldn’t rather play Luers over Carroll and Snider. Personally, I could care less about the the regular season as opposed to the postseason, but anyone that says Luers is the best SAC football team this years is delusional 

4 hours ago, jakone said:

I won't post rumors but hearing interesting stuff going on at North Side. Anyone else hearing anything.

"Interesting" is definitely one way to put it. Overall none of what I have heard is surprising or much different from issues that have been around all year to my knowledge. Will be very interested to see what happens Friday. Carroll may put up 70 more...

15 minutes ago, IPFWFootball said:

"Interesting" is definitely one way to put it. Overall none of what I have heard is surprising or much different from issues that have been around all year to my knowledge. Will be very interested to see what happens Friday. Carroll may put up 70 more...

Maybe Long Takes Media will cover it.  The New North.  Right?

I am sure everything is fine.  

• Like 1