Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

16 hours ago, psaboy said:

Don't forget abou Warsaw, Elkhart has a ways to go. 

The Tigers need not worry about the Penn's, Carroll's, Crown Point's or Indy schools. They'll be duking it out with Valpo and Merrillville in 5A North. Elkhart has potential, but that's about it right now. 

10 hours ago, BTF said:

The Tigers need not worry about the Penn's, Carroll's, Crown Point's or Indy schools. They'll be duking it out with Valpo and Merrillville in 5A North. Elkhart has potential, but that's about it right now. 

Yea, I saw that Warsaw dropped to 5A after I posted. They could be a player in 5A, if they have players coming back. 

11 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yea, I saw that Warsaw dropped to 5A after I posted. They could be a player in 5A, if they have players coming back. 

Warsaw will be the new Mishawaka of 5A North, with Mishawaka dropping down to 4A. 

Has anyone seen the new sectional groupings?

15 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Warsaw will be the new Mishawaka of 5A North, with Mishawaka dropping down to 4A. 

Has anyone seen the new sectional groupings?

I saw on another thread where they are estimating the end of the month for them to be announced. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 3:01 PM, jets said:

Now THAT is impressive. Do you have any idea if he will remain in those roles while taking the Head Coaching job at such a prestigious school?? 

Just checking back in....no one answered my question 😞

On 4/16/2024 at 2:03 PM, jets said:

Just checking back in....no one answered my question 😞

Penn does not give out information well. They keep everyone in the dark, until they are forced to make a big decision and then they try to be cute and make bad PR videos. 

I wish I knew, but we likely wont know unless a booster gets the deets and shares with us. Sorry. 

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, temptation said:

Based on what I am seeing from the Penn track and field program, speed is NOT the issue in Mishawaka. 

Wow.

Was never at Northrop either. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BTF said:

Was never at Northrop either. 

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but hasn’t Fort Wayne always had open enrollment?

Just always assumed that the best talent was filtered to certain traditional powers.  

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but hasn’t Fort Wayne always had open enrollment?

Just always assumed that the best talent was filtered to certain traditional powers.  

Northrop's track success goes back decades. Probably not much to do with open enrollment, but more about those leading the program. I think all city schools are blessed with speed, it just doesn't translate to the football or track fields without the right person leading the way. 

I honestly can't tell you when open enrollment started in Fort Wayne. If I were to guess, I would say it's been around for a couple of decades. I believe each school is allotted x amount of transfers, but it has to be academically motivated. Each school has an academic program that is specific to that school, therefore giving students the opportunity to transfer to that school for academic purposes. Does it get abused? Probably. But probably not to the extent that people think it does.

Snider enjoys success because their coaches know how to develop players for the next level. They just do things differently than thier FWCS counterparts. Bishop Luers not only have good men leading the way, but they're also the recipient of many athletes on the voucher system. The Knights aren't 100% good ol' catholic kids like they were in the 80's and early 90's. Dwenger has always been good about developing through their pipeline (Dabo mentality). North Side is loaded with talent, but is at the mercy of who's leading the way at the time. Same with Wayne, Northrop, and South Side. Consistency is key, and Snider's had it for five decades now. They've built a community that spans over 50 years. That's the difference. If you look at major D1 football talent from Fort Wayne, you'll see that they come from just about every school district. I think Snider's just better at developing the DII and DIII kids. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BTF said:

Northrop's track success goes back decades. Probably not much to do with open enrollment, but more about those leading the program. I think all city schools are blessed with speed, it just doesn't translate to the football or track fields without the right person leading the way. 

I honestly can't tell you when open enrollment started in Fort Wayne. If I were to guess, I would say it's been around for a couple of decades. I believe each school is allotted x amount of transfers, but it has to be academically motivated. Each school has an academic program that is specific to that school, therefore giving students the opportunity to transfer to that school for academic purposes. Does it get abused? Probably. But probably not to the extent that people think it does.

Snider enjoys success because their coaches know how to develop players for the next level. They just do things differently than thier FWCS counterparts. Bishop Luers not only have good men leading the way, but they're also the recipient of many athletes on the voucher system. The Knights aren't 100% good ol' catholic kids like they were in the 80's and early 90's. Dwenger has always been good about developing through their pipeline (Dabo mentality). North Side is loaded with talent, but is at the mercy of who's leading the way at the time. Same with Wayne, Northrop, and South Side. Consistency is key, and Snider's had it for five decades now. They've built a community that spans over 50 years. That's the difference. If you look at major D1 football talent from Fort Wayne, you'll see that they come from just about every school district. I think Snider's just better at developing the DII and DIII kids. 

Snider’s success is built around one key thing: coaching. In the last 40+ years, they have had 3 head coaches, Mike Hawley, Russ Isaacs, and Kurt Tippmann. All have lent stability to the program. When looking at Wayne, Northrop, South Side, and North Side, that coaching tree is a broken stick in comparison. No stability, bad coaching for the most part, and undisciplined play. There has been talent at those schools, but not leadership at those schools. 

Some of the private schools, Dwenger and Luers, have had great coaching as well, hence their success

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BLACKSHIRTS21 said:

Rumors are a Moore or two might be join the staff

I heard something similar. Rumor I heard made it sound like Coley Moore is joining the staff as the new OC. Does anyone know anything about him or his coaching background?

1 hour ago, Footballfan574 said:

I heard something similar. Rumor I heard made it sound like Coley Moore is joining the staff as the new OC. Does anyone know anything about him or his coaching background?

If I am not mistaken he played QB for Penn back in the Mid 2000s. I think he played in the Elkhart Memorial sectional championship and Merrillville game for Keim after he broke his hand in the sectional semi vs Mishawaka. He may have been the starter in the 2007 season. But, I have been wrong before. Not sure my memory is serving me well. 

2 hours ago, Footballfan574 said:

Another great athlete from a family of them. I think he's been coaching receivers at Brownsburg. 

4 hours ago, BLACKSHIRTS21 said:

Rumors are a Moore or two might be join the staff

Going 2 for 2 here would be about the biggest win Penn has had in six years.

1 hour ago, PDB26 said:

Another great athlete from a family of them. I think he's been coaching receivers at Brownsburg. 

Going 2 for 2 here would be about the biggest win Penn has had in six years.

The family is full of great athletes and fantastic coaching. 

I don't think you'll get both but if the Kingsman did it would be a huge boost in the offense!

2 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

If I am not mistaken he played QB for Penn back in the Mid 2000s. I think he played in the Elkhart Memorial sectional championship and Merrillville game for Keim after he broke his hand in the sectional semi vs Mishawaka. He may have been the starter in the 2007 season. But, I have been wrong before. Not sure my memory is serving me well. 

He played WR as a Junior and when Keim went down took over that year and started QB as a senior.