Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Potential 6A Sectional shakeups coming?

13 hours ago, BTF said:

I was thinking Rodney, but Bobref will do. 

I've got Penn winning 10-7 in overtime with 15 players on defense. But that's only if they have 15 on the kickoff team and the punt team. If special teams are even up, I'll give you your 14 points. 

I don't have penn within 3 touchdowns until they manage no less than 18 players on the field and slip the zebras a few bills

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Bobref said:

By the end of the game, I’m not sure Penn even had 15 able-bodied players left on either defense or special teams.

I'm certain the defense got through the game (physically) unscathed! Mentally––very, very scathed. I suppose you could argue we didn't have a single able-bodied player from the opening kickoff given the results.

We for sure had one unreported head injury on special teams––of course those were the dying days of the bell-ringing era.

Edited by PDB26

18 minutes ago, PDB26 said:

I'm certain the defense got through the game (physically) unscathed! Mentally––very, very scathed. I suppose you could argue we didn't have a single able-bodied player from the opening kickoff given the results.

We for sure had one unreported head injury on special teams––of course those were the dying days of the bell-ringing era.

It's good that everyone can look back and laugh. At the end of the day, Penn still has five state titles  in the largest school division and the best record in the state spanning four decades. 

1 hour ago, PDB26 said:

We for sure had one unreported head injury on special teams

I remember the Graham kid from Warren just laying somebody out on a kick return. Could not believe that kid got up from that one.

57 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I remember the Graham kid from Warren just laying somebody out on a kick return. Could not believe that kid got up from that one.

Ironically, one of the loudest hits I've ever heard on the gridiron was one in which a kid on Warren's kickoff team was the victim. Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2024 at 8:31 PM, BTF said:

May need a second opinion here. Can I call a friend? 

I am sorry, we could have had 15 players on the field and would still found ourselves out of position on almost every play. 

That games was a nightmare, that we got to live over three different times...One day I think we will have redemption...maybe. 

Edited by BLACKGOLD2007

On 4/22/2024 at 1:52 PM, BTF said:

The only thing slowing BD down is the grass. You get them in the perfect indoor environment, and it's lights out. I'll argue day and night that turf favors the faster team. I think Westfield would have suffered the same fate at Crown Point. I could be wrong, just my take. 

Hardly anyone in 6A plays on grass these days in Central Indiana. I'd have to go back and look to see the last time Ben Davis played a game on a grass field. It may have been when Terre Haute North and South were in the MIC.

Edited by BDGiant93

41 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Hardly anyone in 6A plays on grass these days in Central Indiana. I'd have to go back and look to see the last time Ben Davis played a game on a grass field. It may have been when Terre Haute North and South were in the MIC.

But no one plays indoors. Add the two together and you have the perfect storm. 

On 4/23/2024 at 12:38 PM, PDB26 said:

I know that it was a different time back in the days when you would "see stars". I remember the old AD at Tech, Frank Craig, telling me about his first meeting with my father at Indiana Central back in the 50's. Apparently, my dad knocked him out cold in practice making a hit. He said that when he came to that my dad was standing over him saying, "Freshman, are you ok? You alright?" He said that always stuck with him that my dad was so concerned about him.

Football used to be different! Not saying it was better either. It's probably good that we pay attention to, you know, brain science.

• Like 1