Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Potential 6A Sectional shakeups coming?

I’ve been asking for parity in 6A since its inception…finally gotten it in terms of a state finals matchup…now the next step is for someone out of the metro area to be competitive in that state finals matchup.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I’ve been asking for parity in 6A since its inception…finally gotten it in terms of a state finals matchup…now the next step is for someone out of the metro area to be competitive in that state finals matchup.

Hoe confident you feeling this year

I'll take indy and u can have everyone else and 19 points

• Haha 2

On 4/18/2024 at 3:33 PM, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

If my memory serves me correctly we played two tight games in a row against Valpo in regionals back to back years that saw us go down. Gees had the ball on the 1 with 4 downs to punch it in and we ran Tony West our speed back rather than Bruce Ore who was our big back that may have been able to use his size to push the pile. Give the credit to Valpo they didn't break on those four plays. But, dang that was a let down as well. 

Bruce was big, but he might have been the fifth back on the depth chart for that team. Post and Boehnlein were strong sturdy runners. T-West was, of course, the speed guy, and we had Tyler Iams and Frank Duong competing for reps, too. My recollection of that game is basically gone, but, I seem to remember Valpo making a goal line stand that you describe in regulation in the South end zone. They beat us in OT in the North end zone that year. Unfortunately, I've lost track of the highlight tapes from those years––so I can't verify anything.

I'm much sharper when it comes to '02. Same thing happened that year except worse. We had at least three drives get killed inside Valpo's five. Same scenario as you described, except we ran all of the backs into stacked boxes in that game. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 5:51 PM, temptation said:

I don’t think Westfield was on the level of BD, Brownsburg or CG.  But I still thought they were a tier above Crown Point.

I know it was a very small dataset, but you could see in the scrimmage that Westfield was going to have trouble against Ben Davis. They could not keep BD's defensive line out of their offensive backfield.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I know it was a very small dataset, but you could see in the scrimmage that Westfield was going to have trouble against Ben Davis. They could not keep BD's defensive line out of their offensive backfield.

The only thing slowing BD down is the grass. You get them in the perfect indoor environment, and it's lights out. I'll argue day and night that turf favors the faster team. I think Westfield would have suffered the same fate at Crown Point. I could be wrong, just my take. 

40 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Well it doesn't matter, now one was getting beat 57-7....unless Penn was playing in the game. 

Look at it this way. If they cut the state in half that year, Penn would have been state champions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Look at it this way. If they cut the state in half that year, Penn would have been state champions. 

I’ve posted this on here multiple times and will again since it seems Penn fans can now comfortably joke about it.

Warren could’ve scored 100 that night.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’ve posted this on here multiple times and will again since it seems Penn fans can now comfortably joke about it.

No argument from me on that.

25 minutes ago, temptation said:

Agree. Therefore, the state championship should be played on a grass field near Lake Michigan somewhere. 

30 minutes ago, temptation said:

So it would have been 47-7.

No chance of scoring 100 though.  If the snow was falling, we're probably talking 28-14. 

Edited by BTF

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

No chance of scoring 100 though.  If the snow was falling, we're probably talking 28-14. 

Nah, Penn could have had 15 players on the field on defense that night and still lost by 14.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Nah, Penn could have had 15 players on the field on defense that night and still lost by 14.

May need a second opinion here. Can I call a friend? 

25 minutes ago, temptation said:

I was thinking Rodney, but Bobref will do. 

I've got Penn winning 10-7 in overtime with 15 players on defense. But that's only if they have 15 on the kickoff team and the punt team. If special teams are even up, I'll give you your 14 points. 

39 minutes ago, BTF said:

I was thinking Rodney, but Bobref will do. 

I've got Penn winning 10-7 in overtime with 15 players on defense. But that's only if they have 15 on the kickoff team and the punt team. If special teams are even up, I'll give you your 14 points. 

By the end of the game, I’m not sure Penn even had 15 able-bodied players left on either defense or special teams.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bobref said:

By the end of the game, I’m not sure Penn even had 15 able-bodied players left on either defense or special teams.

Ouch, that one will hurt.