• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Is this proper equipment?

Coach Nowlin

Question

10 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Is this properly and legally equipped?

FullSizeR1.jpg

I’m not really sure what I’m looking at here. The mouth guards with the “teeth” depicted on them have been in use for a few years now, and are perfectly legal. But I can’t tell what that is above the mouth guard in the nose area. If it’s some sort of face paint, that is illegal.

My guess is this is one of the face shields that are all the rage in fishing right now. I’m don’t see an issue, but there are some out there designs. 

https://safishing.com/shop/buy-1-get-4-faceshields-fb5/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw0brtBRDOARIsANMDykYOZLgTYaELf4NgHbGGXwEHC0K2BDObFkj2UTwrA8LWYzUcBc0r3a8aAsBUEALw_wcB&ef_id=W9e-xwAAAMdg-Izn:20191022111545:s#configuration

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Interesting. These kids today ... SMH.

Have you seen/heard their coach?

His breakdown of weddings is SPOT ON!

I will admit to owning a couple of these things, they do help with sight fishing, but I have to be far away from any other human before I'll wear it. And mine are just solid colors. You really have to wear a hat with them, and they're not the most comfortable thing when it's hot. Plus I HATE wearing hats.

Edited by Impartial_Observer

26 minutes ago, Irishman said:

We had a kid a few years ago wearing one that was flagged for improper equipment. The white hat told our coach he could not see if the kid had a mouthpiece in or not. 

I suppose he could have asked the kid to show him a mouth guard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

I suppose he could have asked the kid to show him a mouth guard.

Generally speaking any equipment not listed as legal or optional could be considered illegal. If crazy eye black is not allowed then I think this should probably not be allowed. A plain version would be different if it's extremely cold and you wear it to help keep warm. But I think allowing this version could open a huge can of worms. If ti's not illegal it should be.

• Thanks 1