Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Rescheduling is great indicator of ur program’s self confidence

I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this but ... oh well.  Quarantines suck... BUT... never B4 have we had the opportunity to schedule so many out of conference / out of region games!  It’s Awesome!!!  Some teams are stepping up.  Some teams are taking the easy route.  List  three reschedules... grade them A,B,C,D,F based on the teams willingness to accept a tough challenge.  I have an A,B and F in mind.

13 minutes ago, AG said:

Pioneer is a "2A" school with a sub 300 1A enrollment that rescheduled a 6A school that they have zero familiarity with. They get an A+. Chesterton has seven times the enrollment of Pioneer.

This is the first game that came to mind for me as well. It’s a lose lose situation for both teams other than Chesterton might play some younger players. Both teams getting nothing out of this game imo

Just now, Whiting89 said:

This is the first game that came to mind for me as well. It’s a lose lose situation for both teams other than Chesterton might play some younger players. Both teams getting nothing out of this game imo

I see it as a great opportunity for Pioneer to gauge where they're at, but injuries are a concern as Pioneer only has 32 or 33 on the roster this year due to a very small freshman class. Too bad Pioneer doesn't still have Kiser and Co. from a few years ago. 

Pioneer plays 4A New Haven in week 3. I see that as a more winnable game for them, but still a challenge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

So if Pioneer gets an A+, does Chesterton get an F?

Under the present circumstances, no. At least Chesterton is scheduling a powerhouse, even if they have a small enrollment. I'd give them a C probably. 

4 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

I think Pioneer has a heck of a chance in this game!

I know another poster said that it's a lose-lose game, but Pioneer definitely has the chance to answer the "what-if" in this game and I'm sure that the Pioneer boys, staff, and administration are absolutely chomping at the bit to play this game against the metaphorical giant.

Edited by AG

13 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this but ... oh well.  Quarantines suck... BUT... never B4 have we had the opportunity to schedule so many out of conference / out of region games!  It’s Awesome!!!  Some teams are stepping up.  Some teams are taking the easy route.  List  three reschedules... grade them A,B,C,D,F based on the teams willingness to accept a tough challenge.  I have an A,B and F in mind.

Leo - A... Morresville

South Adams - C ...Cass - would’ve been a good game last year

Adams Central - F .... Fremont - Really? 

1 hour ago, Purdue Pete said:

Leo - A... Morresville

South Adams - C ...Cass - would’ve been a good game last year

Adams Central - F .... Fremont - Really? 

To be fair, it was easy for AC to pickup Southern Wells’ would be opponent. Not sure what their other options were. And SA picked up Cass before week 1, so I think the assumption would be that they were still decent. 

On 8/29/2020 at 8:11 AM, Thor77 said:

To be fair, it was easy for AC to pickup Southern Wells’ would be opponent. Not sure what their other options were. And SA picked up Cass before week 1, so I think the assumption would be that they were still decent. 

Both SA and AC have a chance to redeem themselves with SW reschedule late in the year.  Will see what they do.

2 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

Both SA and AC have a chance to redeem themselves with SW reschedule late in the year.  Will see what they do.

All depends on who cancels. I know if I’m SA, I’m not working too hard to find a replacement on week 9 if they don’t draw the Southern Wells bye first round. 

17 hours ago, Thor77 said:

All depends on who cancels. I know if I’m SA, I’m not working too hard to find a replacement on week 9 if they don’t draw the Southern Wells bye first round. 

Good point.  The more i think about it, if I'm SA i don't schedule anyone.... leave the kids at home... take COVID out of the equation right before sectional.