Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Trump's got the covid

TheStatGuy

My thoughts are with Mr. and Mrs. Trump as they go through this.  Can't be fun.  And of course the MSM plays the fear and Trump loathing angles to the hilt:

Trump Tests Positive for Covid-19, and the World Shudders

Trump's positive Covid-19 test throws country into fresh upheaval

Before testing positive for coronavirus, Trump scoffed at many health guidelines

Guess this is our October Surprise.

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

Freak Out Panic GIF

Maybe now we will see if Hydroxychloroquine with the added drugs therapy works......

Meh.  I won't be surprised if Mr. Trump's doctors demur from giving him Hydroxychloroquine, giving some kind of reason like his age or some kind of existing condition.

54 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Meh.  I won't be surprised if Mr. Trump's doctors demur from giving him Hydroxychloroquine, giving some kind of reason like his age or some kind of existing condition.

His insurance probably won’t cover it. 😄😆

• Haha 2

Trump in hospital after COVID-19 diagnosis: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-taken-to-walter-reed-hospital-for-tests-following-covid-19-diagnosis-212316884.html

President Trump was taken to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Friday hours after he announced that he had tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

The White House said in a statement that Trump was being taken to the hospital in Bethesda, Md., by helicopter as a “precautionary measure,” and the president was seen walking to Marine One. He is expected to stay there for a few days.

“President Trump remains in good spirts, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day,” the White House said in its statement. “Out of an abundance of caution ... the President will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days.”

8 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Actions 

Have

Consequences. 

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/if-youre-happy-president-trump-tested-positive-for-covi-1845252412

• Kill me now 1

Trump aims for Monday release after supporter drive-by: https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-donald-trump-archive-d39bd670e8a280b6283abcdfc91d4794

President Donald Trump was hoping for a Monday discharge from the military hospital where he is being treated for COVID-19, a day after he briefly ventured out while contagious to salute cheering supporters by motorcade in a move that disregarded precautions meant to contain the deadly virus that has killed more than 209,000 Americans.

White House officials said Trump was anxious to be released after three nights at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, where doctors revealed on Sunday that his blood oxygen level dropped suddenly twice in recent days and that they gave him a steroid typically only recommended for the very sick. Still, the doctors said Trump’s health is improving and volunteered that he could be discharged as early as Monday to continue the remainder of his treatment at the White House.

“This is an important day as the president continues to improve and is ready to get back to a normal work schedule,” White House chief of staff Mark Meadows told Fox News on Monday. He said the determination on whether Trump would leave the hospital won’t be made until later in the day after the president is evaluated by his medical team, but that Trump was “optimistic” he could be released Monday.

Less than one month until Election Day, Trump was eager to project strength despite his illness. The still-infectious president surprised supporters who had gathered outside the hospital, driving by in a black SUV with the windows rolled up. Secret Service agents inside the vehicle could be seen in masks and other protective gear.

The move capped a weekend of contradictions that fueled confusion about Trump’s health, which has imperiled the leadership of the U.S. government and upended the final stages of the presidential campaign. While Trump’s physician offered a rosy prognosis on his condition, his briefings lacked basic information, including the findings of lung scans, or were quickly muddled by more serious assessments of the president’s health by other officials.

In a short video released by the White House on Sunday, Trump insisted he understood the gravity of the moment. But his actions moments later, by leaving the hospital and sitting inside the SUV with others, suggested otherwise.

“This is insanity,” Dr. James P. Phillips, an attending physician at Walter Reed who is a critic of Trump and his handling of the pandemic. “Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary presidential ‘drive-by’ just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die.”

“For political theater,” the doctor added. “Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater.”

White House spokesman Judd Deere said Trump’s trip outside the hospital “was cleared by the medical team as safe to do.” He added that precautions were taken, including using personal protective equipment, to protect Trump as well as White House officials and Secret Service agents.

Mr. Trump's ego truly knows no bounds.

• Thanks 1

“This is insanity,” Dr. James P. Phillips, an attending physician at Walter Reed who is a critic of Trump and his handling of the pandemic. “Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary presidential ‘drive-by’ just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die.”

Wait a tic - I thought masks were supposed to work, right?......"You wear one to protect others"......is that not the case?  

• Thanks 1
  • Kill me now 1

3 hours ago, swordfish said:

Wait a tic - I thought masks were supposed to work, right?......"You wear one to protect others"......is that not the case?  

It's science.

‘I hope he dies:’ West Lafayette council member apologizes for tweet aimed at Trump, COVID-19 diagnosis

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/2020/10/05/i-hope-he-dies-wl-council-member-apologizes-tweet-aimed-trump-covid-19-diagnosis/3633143001/

A West Lafayette City Council member walked back what he called a flippant moment when he tweeted over the weekend – and then deleted later – that he hoped Donald Trump’s COVID-19 diagnosis meant that the president would die.

Nick DeBoer, a Democrat who represents a city council district made up nearly all with off-campus Purdue students, said he apologized Monday to West Lafayette Mayor John Dennis and the other eight city council members for a series of early Saturday morning posts he said that “I was wrong to do.”

But DeBoer said he wasn’t walking back his frustration over how he believes Trump has handled COVID-19, both with the pandemic and with his own infection.

The string of tweets from the city council member came hours after Trump got into Marine One for a helicopter transport from the White House to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center to deal with symptoms from a positive coronavirus case the president announced to Americans on Twitter early Friday morning.

In screenshots of late-night posts written over the course of an hour – and that were deleted before morning – DeBoer took stock in the president’s diagnosis and condition.

“Over the past day, I’ve heard an outpouring of grinning friends and happy family,” DeBoer posted. “Good Catholics they said: ‘I don’t wanna see him die ... but maybe get very sick.’

“I hope he dies,” DeBoer wrote.

In a string of tweets Oct. 3, 2020, hours after President Donald Trump went to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for COVID-19 symptoms, West Lafayette City Council member Nick DeBoer posted, and later deleted: "I hope he dies." On Monday, DeBoer apologized for what he'd written.

He followed that with: “And I hope it’s unpleasant. ... I hope when he dies he feels the full weight of 205,000 souls crushing his little heart.”

After a monthly city council meeting Monday, DeBoer said he was sorry for what he said. And he said he was sorry if it caused other city council members problems, if they had to address what he’d done.

“Look, I’m very angry these days, especially about all of this,” DeBoer said. “I was perhaps being a little coy with wishing for his demise. But there’s a litany of body bags under him, and it’s hard for me to untangle that moral conundrum that somebody who would advise people to go put themselves at risk or expose other people. Literally, more people are dying because of one man’s behavior. And that shocks me. Literally shocks me to my core.”

Trump, still infectious, back at White House — without mask: https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-virus-outbreak-donald-trump-infectious-diseases-michael-pence-a037f5cf6d6f14f90313a3aa7cd58043

President Donald Trump staged a dramatic return to the White House after leaving the military hospital where he was receiving an unprecedented level of care for COVID-19. He immediately ignited a new controversy by declaring that despite his illness the nation should not fear the virus that has killed more than 210,000 Americans — and then he entered the White House without a protective mask.

Trump’s message alarmed infectious disease experts and suggested the president’s own illness had not caused him to rethink his often-cavalier attitude toward the disease, which has also infected the first lady and several White House aides, including new cases revealed Monday.

Landing Monday night at the White House on Marine One, Trump gingerly climbed the South Portico steps, removed his mask and declared, “I feel good.” He gave a double thumbs-up to the departing helicopter from the portico terrace, where aides had arranged American flags for the sunset occasion. He entered the White House, where aides were visible milling about the Blue Room, without wearing a face covering.

The president left Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, where his doctor, Navy Cmdr. Sean Conley, said earlier Monday that the president remains contagious and would not be fully “out of the woods” for another week but that Trump had met or exceeded standards for discharge from the hospital. Trump is expected to continue his recovery at the White House, where the reach of the outbreak that has infected the highest levels of the U.S. government is still being uncovered.

Still, just a month before the election and anxious to project strength, Trump tweeted before leaving the hospital, “Will be back on the Campaign Trail soon!!!” And in case anyone missed his don’t-worry message earlier, he rushed out a new video from the White House.

“Don’t be afraid of it,” Trump said of the virus. “You’re going to beat it. We have the best medical equipment, we have the best medicines.” His remarks were strong, but he was taking deeper breaths than usual as he delivered them.

On Tuesday, Trump went a step further, repeating his previous comparisons between COVID-19 and the seasonal flu.

“Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu,” he tweeted. “Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!”

COVID-19 has already proven to be a more potent killer, particularly among older populations, than seasonal flu, and has shown indications of having long-term impacts on the health of even younger people it infects.

Trump’s nonchalant message about not fearing the virus comes as his own administration has encouraged Americans to be very careful and take precautions to avoid contracting and spreading the disease as cases continue to spike across the country. For more than eight months, Trump’s efforts to play down the threat of the virus in hopes of propping up the economy ahead of the election have drawn bipartisan criticism.

• Haha 1