Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 36

1 hour ago, XStar said:

Does the quarterback actually get to throw the ball in meaningful downs and situations this year?  Or are they going to wait until they are down 3 scores in the state championship game again to try to figure out some sort of way to move the ball in the air?

By looking at their stats and knowing that the Engle kid transferred in, I would guess they throw the ball more and with better success this year. He could sling it when he was a Middle Schooler at Tipton. 

1 hour ago, Fballfan15 said:

By looking at their stats and knowing that the Engle kid transferred in, I would guess they throw the ball more and with better success this year. He could sling it when he was a Middle Schooler at Tipton. 

He is leading the CIC in TD passes.

This team may be one of the most balanced run\throw team that I have seen since the Caudill kids in the late 90s early 2000s.  I say balanced, 100ish passing a game and 300ish rushing per game is balanced for Eastbrook...lol... Again, he is getting those yards mostly in just a half.

image.png.7b16d28134cfed406db64b6af7b3ddcb.png

I wish instead of games played this showed minutes played.

My only worry is with the weak schedule at the end of the season, the starters have only played 4 quarters out of the last 12.  I don't see them playing in the 2nd half this week either.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djbowzz said:

This team may be one of the most balanced run\throw team that I have seen since the Caudill kids in the late 90s early 2000s.  I say balanced, 100ish passing a game and 300ish rushing per game is balanced for Eastbrook...lol... Again, he is getting those yards mostly in just a half.

image.png.7b16d28134cfed406db64b6af7b3ddcb.png

I wish instead of games played this showed minutes played.

My only worry is with the weak schedule at the end of the season, the starters have only played 4 quarters out of the last 12.  I don't see them playing in the 2nd half this week either.  

How many guys play both ways for Eastbrook?

7 hours ago, XStar said:

Does the quarterback actually get to throw the ball in meaningful downs and situations this year?  Or are they going to wait until they are down 3 scores in the state championship game again to try to figure out some sort of way to move the ball in the air?

No,  he is an excellent passer and that ability to throw the ball will surprise a lot of teams!  This Eastbrook team is better rounded than any other Eastbrook team in recent memory!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, captainobvious said:

No,  he is an excellent passer and that ability to throw the ball will surprise a lot of teams!  This Eastbrook team is better rounded than any other Eastbrook team in recent memory!

I don't think they've been unable to throw the past couple seasons as much as they've been unwilling to call passing plays when they need to.  They looked good throwing the ball in the first half of the 2018 state championship game and not surprisingly they led at half of that game.  Then they went inexplicably went away from it in the 2nd half. 

In that game, they were 7 for 8 in passing for 113 yards.  In the first half, they were 6-6 for 97 yards.  In the third quarter, 1-1 for 16 yards.  In the fourth quarter, 0-1.  Meanwhile in the 2nd half of that game they ran the ball 24 times for only 58 yards.

In 2019, they did not even attempt a pass in the 2nd half of the state title game.  They were down 21-0 at halftime and did not throw the ball once in the 2nd half.

I'm not interested in what they are doing against Elwood or up 4 touchdowns against Madison Grant.  The proof will be when they are in a competitive game where the other team can hold their own in the trenches and you have to be a little creative to move the ball consistently.  I've heard that this new quarterback from Western is really good.  I just hope his coaches allow him to show it when things are tight and they don't get overly conservative in their play calling when it matters.  I really think that, and trying to play 2 QB's all year, cost them the title in 2018.  Hopefully they've learned.  I think 2A is wide open and if they are really better than last season, coaches included, then they will finally get their blue ring.  

On 10/22/2020 at 12:19 AM, XStar said:

I don't think they've been unable to throw the past couple seasons as much as they've been unwilling to call passing plays when they need to.  They looked good throwing the ball in the first half of the 2018 state championship game and not surprisingly they led at half of that game.  Then they went inexplicably went away from it in the 2nd half. 

In that game, they were 7 for 8 in passing for 113 yards.  In the first half, they were 6-6 for 97 yards.  In the third quarter, 1-1 for 16 yards.  In the fourth quarter, 0-1.  Meanwhile in the 2nd half of that game they ran the ball 24 times for only 58 yards.

In 2019, they did not even attempt a pass in the 2nd half of the state title game.  They were down 21-0 at halftime and did not throw the ball once in the 2nd half.

I'm not interested in what they are doing against Elwood or up 4 touchdowns against Madison Grant.  The proof will be when they are in a competitive game where the other team can hold their own in the trenches and you have to be a little creative to move the ball consistently.  I've heard that this new quarterback from Western is really good.  I just hope his coaches allow him to show it when things are tight and they don't get overly conservative in their play calling when it matters.  I really think that, and trying to play 2 QB's all year, cost them the title in 2018.  Hopefully they've learned.  I think 2A is wide open and if they are really better than last season, coaches included, then they will finally get their blue ring.  

From the Delta game earlier this saeson, EB QB had a really nice pass in 3rd qtr that led to TD after their running game was having trouble. Only tried 1 pass after that and I kept wondering why they stuck to the running game when they needed to catch up. Maybe Coach wasn't worried about the win and wanted to test running plays against a better defense knowing the rest of the CIC wouldn't test them ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazed and confused said:

From the Delta game earlier this saeson, EB QB had a really nice pass in 3rd qtr that led to TD after their running game was having trouble. Only tried 1 pass after that and I kept wondering why they stuck to the running game when they needed to catch up. Maybe Coach wasn't worried about the win and wanted to test running plays against a better defense knowing the rest of the CIC wouldn't test them ?

Eastbrook actually had a chance to tie the game late but threw an interception in the endzone. The penalty that happened prior to the INT hurt them or they probably would've pounded it in for the score. 

2 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Didn't get to see that game but that's interesting.  I know in the past they did not like the quarterback to take any risk throwing the ball.  I believe last season the quarterback didn't throw an interception the entire regular season.  

Alexandria @ Eastern  - This game all depends on the weather.  If it's raining and windy, Eastern in a rout!  If Alexandria can throw the ball, it's a    closer game, but Eastern still wins.  

Lapel @ Frankton  - A runaway for Lapel.  Running clock in second half.

Tipton @  Elwood  - A runaway for Tipton.  Running clock in second half.

Blackford @ Eastbrook  - Eastbrook wins with ease.  Again, a running clock in second half.

Looking up some things for this weeks matchups, but no Greentown Stats on MaxPreps?  I know the RB is good...Downing kid I think is his name.  But who are their go to guys?  I know Eastbrook appears to throw it around more and QB must be good.  They always have good RB numbers because of their scheume.  Dollar kid from Lapel is only a sophomore and appears to be the real deal.  Anyone to throw to on the Bulldogs? Tipton appears to be balanced as always.  1200 in the air...800 yard rusher...couple of 400 yard receivers...

As far as predictions go

I think Greentown/Lapel is a toss up.  Latter has played better competition, but EG has record/rankings to say it doesn't matter.  I'll go Lapel by one score late.

Eastbrook/Tipton will be a good one.  I think quality of regular season opponents is the difference maker.  It'll be a tight one, but Eastbrook will have one or two things they haven't shown yet that Tipton won't be prepped for. CIC might work to their advantage as it doesn't matter what they run after week 2!!

Eastern/Lapel-  I'm going with Eastern on this one. Eastern is riding a wave like they did last year, Lapel has been strong in past years but I expected a better game out of them last week.

Tipton/Eastbrook- You ask me a few weeks ago I would of said this game would have been a lot better and Tipton would have a better chance, but with how Tipton has been playing as well with one of the best players being out I'm going to have to go with the Panthers. The team just keeps getting better and look like a great team on both sides of the ball. Too many threats to bet against them, and when it comes special teams they are very dangerous and can score on any given opportunity. Give be Eastbrook 14+

2 hours ago, Wingtetc said:

Eastern/Lapel-  I'm going with Eastern on this one. Eastern is riding a wave like they did last year, Lapel has been strong in past years but I expected a better game out of them last week.

Tipton/Eastbrook- You ask me a few weeks ago I would of said this game would have been a lot better and Tipton would have a better chance, but with how Tipton has been playing as well with one of the best players being out I'm going to have to go with the Panthers. The team just keeps getting better and look like a great team on both sides of the ball. Too many threats to bet against them, and when it comes special teams they are very dangerous and can score on any given opportunity. Give be Eastbrook 14+

I’m not sure what to expect. I do know I would feel much more confident if Jayvin Lyons was playing. Defense was supposed to be very very good this year but losing Lyons as well as several other starters for the season has hurt. I do think guys have stepped up and done the best of their ability. Offensively sophomore Eli Carter has stepped up at RB in Lyons place very nicely. He’s a kid that can take it to the house any time he touches it. Passing game has been great. Our Qb was injured and couldn’t play against Eastbrook last season so it is nice to have him back. The key imo is pass blocking. If we give Edwards time, we should have success. Defensively just have to stay disciplined against that offense which is not easy to do. 

Eastern/Lapel-  I think Lapel will give Eastern some problems.  It will be a jump in competition and will be interesting how Eastern reacts.  I'm thinking it will be a 1TD game.  I'll pick the upset with Lapel winning.

Tipton/Eastbrook-  I think Tipton is as good as any team we could face up to Semi-State even without Lyons (Andrean is just a different animal).  I've only seen a couple of their games but they look very similar to Eastbrook other than passing more than we do.  The QB is a great dual threat.  On defense they play similar to us.  They're athletic, quick to the ball, and a lot of gang tackling.  No fat boys out there.  Last years game was much better than the final score.  We ran off 20 unanswered in the 4th quarter.  The first 3 quarters it was tied or 1TD game the whole way.  I think it will be tight the entire game this time.  Both teams will come in with plenty of swagger.  Should be fun to watch.  I'll go with Eastbrook by 1 TD.  

29 minutes ago, Tweeder97 said:

Eastern/Lapel-  I think Lapel will give Eastern some problems.  It will be a jump in competition and will be interesting how Eastern reacts.  I'm thinking it will be a 1TD game.  I'll pick the upset with Lapel winning.

Tipton/Eastbrook-  I think Tipton is as good as any team we could face up to Semi-State even without Lyons (Andrean is just a different animal).  I've only seen a couple of their games but they look very similar to Eastbrook other than passing more than we do.  The QB is a great dual threat.  On defense they play similar to us.  They're athletic, quick to the ball, and a lot of gang tackling.  No fat boys out there.  Last years game was much better than the final score.  We ran off 20 unanswered in the 4th quarter.  The first 3 quarters it was tied or 1TD game the whole way.  I think it will be tight the entire game this time.  Both teams will come in with plenty of swagger.  Should be fun to watch.  I'll go with Eastbrook by 1 TD.  

Agree on both these analysis. I think Eastern/Lapel will be a one score game either way. Tipton will need to get off to a quick start. Eastbrook is not a team you want to get behind with their ability to move the chains and keep the clock moving. 

9 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I don’t know much about Lapels but Tiptons made a big statement tonight. I swear to God they did!

as they like to say in the Hoosier Conference.... Tipton sent a message !

heres article from Kokomo tribune that has both game write ups :https://www.kokomotribune.com/sports/football-blue-devils-win-wild-one-comets-braves-fall/article_b22f007c-1b1c-11eb-ac21-5fd75b89c303.html