Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  48 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Joe Morgan Died this weekend - Another huge loss

Guest DT

In the past two months, we've lost Al Kaline, Tom Seaver, Lou Brock, Gale Sayers, Bob Gibson, and now Joe Morgan.

Its like a plane loaded with Hall of Famers went down in the wilderness.

Devastating.  For many of us here, these are the heroes of our youth.  I had baseball and football cards of each and every one of them.  Sorted by team in old shoe boxes.  Wish I had the foresite to have kept them

Who's next?  I dare not think of it.

Godspeed to heroes lost.  God is calling his all star team up to heaven

Edited by DT

Grew up watching the Big Red Machine and going to Riverfront when we could afford it.

In the off season from, I think ‘69-71, the Reds had a traveling basketball team that played at local high schools against area “All-Star” teams composed of graduated players from that high school.  I’ll never forget when they played at my old high school (Brookville) back when I was 9 or 10.

D@mn, Seaver and Morgan dying the same year.  Rose is almost 80....older than my Mom.  Can’t believe these guys are disappearing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DT said:

In the past two months, we've lost Al Kaline, Tom Seaver, Lou Brock, Gale Sayers, Bob Gibson, and now Joe Morgan.

Devastating.  For many of us here, these are the heroes of our youth.  I had baseball and football cards of each and every one of them.  Sorted by team in old shoe boxes.  Wish I had the foresite to have kept them

Yep.  All these individuals were members of the "Silent Generation", born between 1928 & 1945.  They followed the "Greatest Generation" and preceded the "Baby Boomers".

16 hours ago, DT said:

Also Whitey Ford.