Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Tournament Outlook/Predictions

Since there are other similar posts about different classes, I decided to make one about the class that I feel is the most interesting this year: 2A. This class and 4A feel like the most wide-open classes in the tournament, which is nice in year where 3 classes have overwhelming favorites. On the eve of the first round of sectionals, I’d like to see people’s opinions/projections of how 2A will play out. The North is absolutely stacked this year with Andrean, Pioneer, and Eastbrook all having legitimate shots at making trips down to LOS. Leurs and Eastside are also teams to watch out for. In my opinion the South is somewhat wide open, with Triton Central as a presumed favorite but I think many other teams are capable of making a run to LOS. I’ll go ahead and give my (totally unbiased Andrean alumni) predictions:

S33: Andrean should play Rensselaer Central in the title game. I think it’ll be a good game to start but Andrean should pull away.

S34: Pioneer will likely play Bremen for the championship. Again, I think this one will be close early, but Pioneer should pull away. 

S35: I think Eastside and Leurs will meet up in a rematch of a sectional game from last year. I think Leurs wins this time in a close one. 

S36: Eastbrook will be challenged by Tipton in round 2 and Eastern in the title game, but I think they have to be considered the solid favorites here.

S37: I like WeBo to beat South Vermillion in the title game. 

S38: I think Heritage Christian will play Scecina in the title game after Scecina beats Shenandoah in a rematch. I’ll take Heritage to beat out Scecina in a good one in the title game. 

S39: Triton Central should win this relatively easily, I don’t see a team in this sectional challenging them.

S40: I like Mater Dei to beat Linton-Stockton in the title game.

Regionals:

Andrean over Pioneer by a TD

Eastbrook over Leurs by 2 TDs

WeBo over Heritage Christian by a TD

Triton Central over Mater Dei by a TD

Semi States:

Andrean over Eastbrook by a TD

Triton Central over WeBo by 2 TDs

State:

Andrean over Triton Central by 2 TDs

Happy Tournament everybody! 

Edited by scarab527
  • Like 1

I watched the Eastside Bluffton game tonight and left completely underwhelmed by Eastside.  I don’t think they will be able to hang with Luers or Fairfield let alone Pioneer or Eastbrook. 

on a tangent... after watching Eastside I see trouble for Northern Lakes and Northeast Corner conferences as well as Adams Central in sectional.