Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Did the HCC and the Mid State make big mistakes when adding FC and PM?

Guest DT

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’m curious to know why.

Because I think a 7-team HHC would be beneficial for all members. Assuming all schools would now play a 6-conference game season, it would open up a spot for more relevant rivalries. Seymour and JC could keep Madison on their schedule without hassle; Jeff, NA, and Floyd could play Louisville schools/Providence; East could pick up Cathedral; BNL could keep Terre Haute South on the schedule, or replace them with BHSS/Mitchell. 7-team conferences have the flexibility that 8-team conferences don't have. 

7 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Because I think a 7-team HHC would be beneficial for all members. Assuming all schools would now play a 6-conference game season, it would open up a spot for more relevant rivalries. Seymour and JC could keep Madison on their schedule without hassle; Jeff, NA, and Floyd could play Louisville schools/Providence; East could pick up Cathedral; BNL could keep Terre Haute South on the schedule, or replace them with BHSS/Mitchell. 7-team conferences have the flexibility that 8-team conferences don't have. 

Great points

7 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

I disagree. There is going to be at least one non-conference game played every week now. Finding a quality opponent deep in the season while most conferences are in conference play isn’t going to be easy for every team, especially those down by the Ohio River. For example, Jeffersonville wasn’t able to find a week 6 replacement for Cathedral this year.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I disagree. There is going to be at least one non-conference game played every week now. Finding a quality opponent deep in the season while most conferences are in conference play isn’t going to be easy for every team, especially those down by the Ohio River. For example, Jeffersonville wasn’t able to find a week 6 replacement for Cathedral this year.

That’s on them, by not being willing to change when they play conference games.

Edited by DanteEstonia
Them being Jeffersonville

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

That’s on them, by not being willing to change when they play conference games.

Problem is, the HHC teams won’t be able to choose when they get to play their conference games starting next year. Someone will have an open week in week 3, someone will have one in week 4, someone will have one in week 5 and so on. Maybe some teams will have to play conference games starting in week 1 to try to find openings for other weeks in the schedule. It’ll be interesting to see how it works out. I hope nobody has any issues but it’s definitely going to make it tougher to schedule non-conference games.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Problem is, the HHC teams won’t be able to choose when they get to play their conference games starting next year. Someone will have an open week in week 3, someone will have one in week 4, someone will have one in week 5 and so on. Maybe some teams will have to play conference games starting in week 1 to try to find openings for other weeks in the schedule. It’ll be interesting to see how it works out. I hope nobody has any issues but it’s definitely going to make it tougher to schedule non-conference games.

The HHC used to do all of these scheduling things.