Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Playoff predictions

Whiting89

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

Starting to see Nd and Clemson both projected. Is this fair to Cinncy or BYU if they both go undefeated?

Unfortunately, it is fair. Realistically we know neither Cincy  nor BYU are top 4 teams. But, in the year of Covid, and considering bowl games are being cancelled right and left, why not go with 8 teams for this year only? Give them their shot. It would be fun to watch!

I mean, who would have thought IU would be in the position they are in? They could be in that top 8 in 2 weeks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don”t believe both ND and Clemson will get in, simply because  they don”t want as a potential playoff matchup, the 3rd game in one season between them. So, as it turns out, the ND-Clemson game a few weeks ago was the biggest meaningless game in history.

• Like 1

I agree with the expansion to 8 teams. With things the way they are now, it would be simple to do. I agree though that the loser of the ND Clemson game gets left out. I mentioned this for several years now, because the current setup sucks. Bottom line is that ND has to beat Clemson twice to get in, and Clemson only needs to split. 

Knew back in October that ND would have to beat Clemson twice...the ACC title game loser is out.

Meanwhile, Texas A&M is going to sit back if they win their next three games, and watch Florida lose to Alabama and then sneak in without having to play in their conference title game.  It's the SEC way.