Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Oaken Bucket

southend

On 12/11/2020 at 12:56 PM, southend said:

Yea, he’s 94 and still drives to the store. Quit golf this spring.so he’s slowing down.  

That is cool......speaking of which...COMPLETELY off the topic, but the age thing......something I learned just yesterday.....

John Tyler was the 10th President of the United States. He was born in 1790. He had a grandson...yes, grandson, not great grandson, but grandson; who passed away September 26th of THIS year at 95. He has a younger brother that is still alive at age 91. Crazy right? I shared with my family because I thought we were unusual; well, yeah, ok, we ARE. But our generation is now in our 50's with the first couple turning 60 this year. Anyway, we had just one grandparent that was born in the 20th Century. and She was born in 03. Our grandfather on our mom's side was born in 1888. I still think that is a crazy amount of time for just two generations to span, but when I saw the blurb about Tyler's grandson, it blew me away. And yep, I did fact check it for accuracy. 

Ok, now back on topic. This is what happens when IU and Notre Dame are not playing on the same Saturday. :) 

• Like 1

Indeed it’s the Bucket game Friday night. I assume it will be @ LOS? IF they are cleared to play.

This will only hurt IU’s chances for a NY6 bowl game. They should be playing Iowa as the 2nd place vs 2nd place. I guess the B1G changed another rule.

Sad.

Edit: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2020/12/13/iu-vs-purdue-old-oaken-bucket-game-scheduled-7-30-p-m-friday/6531015002/

It’s in Bloomington. Another change of the agenda. The crossover games were supposed to be played in indoor facilities.

Edited by Staxawax
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Indeed it’s the Bucket game Friday night. I assume it will be @ LOS? IF they are cleared to play.

This will only hurt IU’s chances for a NY6 bowl game. They should be playing Iowa as the 2nd place vs 2nd place. I guess the B1G changed another rule.

Sad.

Why would it be played at LOS?

Is this something the big is doing?  Something like the IHSAA FB tourney?

23 minutes ago, Irishman said:

That was the original plan with the matchups of 1 v 1, 2 v 2, etc. 

Oh cool.  So LOS will host all 7 games?  Will it be all day Friday ans Saturday?  Culminating w Northwestern and OSU?

Just now, DE said:

Oh cool.  So LOS will host all 7 games?  Will it be all day Friday ans Saturday?  Culminating w Northwestern and OSU?

It looks like that has changed now. I think the title game will be the only one at LOS. IU vs. Purdue will be in Bloomington....not sure of the other matchups. 

13 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Sad.

Edit: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2020/12/13/iu-vs-purdue-old-oaken-bucket-game-scheduled-7-30-p-m-friday/6531015002/

It’s in Bloomington. Another change of the agenda. The crossover games were supposed to be played in indoor facilities.

I'd rather play pu than Iowa. Hawkeye have won six straight and hottest team in the conference.  IU got an excellent draw. They have played a very tough schedule already

1 hour ago, DT said:

I'd rather play pu than Iowa. Hawkeye have won six straight and hottest team in the conference.  IU got an excellent draw. They have played a very tough schedule already

I can agree to that, but never take the bucket game lightly. Strange things have happened over the years. 

8 hours ago, DT said:

Draw? Like it was ping pong balls? The conference’s plan was to play 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, etc. This would only change if they had already played. But no, they stuck it To IU again. Yes Iowa would have been a tough assignment. But they took another opportunity away. Beating Purdue will not give them a guaranteed NY6 bowl. Beating Iowa would. This team, this year, for whatever reason is special. They deserve to be treated fair by the head aholes of the conference. Instead they want to kick them by the curb.

7-1 looks much better to the bowl selection committe than 6-2 with a bad loss in the final game of the season.  Iowa is red hot .  Iu could not have hoped for a better outcome.  Friday night at home as a heavy favorite against their chief rival with a national TV audience.  What more do you want Stax?

12 minutes ago, DT said:

7-1 looks much better to the bowl selection committe than 6-2 with a bad loss in the final game of the season.  Iowa is red hot .  Iu could not have hoped for a better outcome.  Friday night at home as a heavy favorite against their chief rival with a national TV audience.  What more do you want Stax?

Lunch

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Draw? Like it was ping pong balls? The conference’s plan was to play 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, etc. This would only change if they had already played. But no, they stuck it To IU again. Yes Iowa would have been a tough assignment. But they took another opportunity away. Beating Purdue will not give them a guaranteed NY6 bowl. Beating Iowa would. This team, this year, for whatever reason is special. They deserve to be treated fair by the head aholes of the conference. Instead they want to kick them by the curb.

it's the last game of of the schedule?