Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Names on the Back of Jerseys

Goose Liver

Question

5 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

No rule saying yea or nay. I’m old school, the only name on the jersey is the team’s. Unless of course you’re ND, Penn State, or Alabama. 

ND and Penn St. don't usually have their names on the back of their jerseys, but Alabama does.

As an ND fan, I should know.  All I saw in the CFP Semifinals was the back of Davonte Smith's jersey.

• Haha 1

Hsitorically, ND has done it just for bowl games. I am not sure about other programs. One issue colleges have is having a number used by two players on the roster. That may factor into why some teams put the names on now. 

We had name plates on ours at Warren Central. We were able to buy our jerseys after our senior season....$10 I think is what we paid. It's funny how they shrink though, just sitting in storage. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Hsitorically, ND has done it just for bowl games. I am not sure about other programs. One issue colleges have is having a number used by two players on the roster. That may factor into why some teams put the names on now. 

We had name plates on ours at Warren Central. We were able to buy our jerseys after our senior season....$10 I think is what we paid. It's funny how they shrink though, just sitting in storage. 

Hey. Me too. 😂 

• Haha 1