3.  Gibson Southern (1) - 67

4.  Mishawaka Marian (2) - 55

4.  West Lafayette (1) - 55

6.  Western Boone - 47

7.  Brebeuf Jesuit - 36

8.  Southridge - 34

9.  Guerin Catholic - 33

10.  Fort Wayne Concordia - 32

Others Receiving Votes:  Heritage Hills (9), Sullivan (8), Tri-West (8), Norwell (3), Calumet (2), Hanover Central (1)

Is this the year the stars align for GS? No Chatard No Memorial. Brady Allen’s senior year, 5 year tournament drought, and BA trying to notch his 1st sectional title? They have the horses to get it done. I expect too see maroon and yellow at Lucas representing the south. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

Is this the year the stars align for GS? No Chatard No Memorial. Brady Allen’s senior year, 5 year tournament drought, and BA trying to notch his 1st sectional title? They have the horses to get it done. I expect too see maroon and yellow at Lucas representing the south. 

It’s truly crazy that Gibson Southern, as great as they have been, haven’t made it out of sectionals in 5 years….but that probably speaks more to who we faced and how good those teams are in the pocket.  

hoping this is the year that GS makes it to LOS…and this team is talented

but to be very clear….I don’t want the narrative to be that “they only made it because memorial and chatard were in 4A”…if it does happen.  I think GS has shown they are more than capable of doing it with them in 3A and if they were to make a run this year, I would think they would be good enough that people don’t put an asterisk next to any of their accomplishments 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It’s truly crazy that Gibson Southern, as great as they have been, haven’t made it out of sectionals in 5 years….but that probably speaks more to who we faced and how good those teams are in the pocket.  

hoping this is the year that GS makes it to LOS…and this team is talented

but to be very clear….I don’t want the narrative to be that “they only made it because memorial and chatard were in 4A”…if it does happen.  I think GS has shown they are more than capable of doing it with them in 3A and if they were to make a run this year, I would think they would be good enough that people don’t put an asterisk next to any of their accomplishments 

Not sure any team should ever get an asterisk. Winning is winning no matter who’s in front of you. Its high school sports with 16 to 18 year old kids. Navigating a tournament is never easy. It’s obviously a little sweeter when you take out teams like GS, HH EM, or even Chatard along the way but nothing can take away from a teams accomplishments. I’d be shocked if BA didn’t add some team hardware to is resume this fall. 

Edited by Screagle

20 hours ago, Screagle said:

Not sure any team should ever get an asterisk. Winning is winning no matter who’s in front of you. Its high school sports with 16 to 18 year old kids. Navigating a tournament is never easy. It’s obviously a little sweeter when you take out teams like GS, HH EM, or even Chatard along the way but nothing can take away from a teams accomplishments. I’d be shocked if BA didn’t add some team hardware to is resume this fall. 

I agree with all of this…I just don’t want people to be like “there’s no memorial so they should win 32” only to turn around and be like “you only won because memorial was in 4A”  

it’s still a very tough sectional with 3 other teams receiving votes. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I agree with all of this…I just don’t want people to be like “there’s no memorial so they should win 32” only to turn around and be like “you only won because memorial was in 4A”  

it’s still a very tough sectional with 3 other teams receiving votes. 

You will never hear that from this football fan. 32 is never easy and then the regional is tough hard nosed football. 

IB this year the Titans enjoy turkey day in Indy. 

21 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Oh, we might give you all some good-natured ribbing, but its only because we had such a good rivalry.  But on the bright side, just think, for us to say it would mean GS had actually won.  IB that's not a bad trade and it would certainly make for a lively discussion on the GID...  

On 8/2/2021 at 3:17 PM, temptation said:

1.  Danville (6) - 90

2.  Lawrenceburg - 68

3.  Gibson Southern (1) - 67

4.  Mishawaka Marian (2) - 55

4.  West Lafayette (1) - 55

6.  Western Boone - 47

7.  Brebeuf Jesuit - 36

8.  Southridge - 34

9.  Guerin Catholic - 33

10.  Fort Wayne Concordia - 32

Others Receiving Votes:  Heritage Hills (9), Sullivan (8), Tri-West (8), Norwell (3), Calumet (2), Hanover Central (1)

Don't underestimate this WeBo team.....they are a young team who wasn't really supposed to win 2A for a 3rd year in a row....but they came together in a BIG way to pull off the 3-peat.  I can see them sneaking up on most 3A teams - except maybe Danville....