Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Are we in a new 2-year Success Factor window?

18 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Here's the way I understand it. 

2020-21 and 2021-22 are the two-year cycle. So points earned last year and this will count toward reclassification for hte next two years. In summer 2022, all points reset to zero and a new cycle begins. 

The sticky wicket is LCC & Chatard. Teams that got bumped this year, I think, only accumulate SF points in their current class (so, for example, if LCC or Chatard wins a regional, they'll stay up, but they can't get the 6 points necessary to bump up to 3A/5A).

I'm not sure what happens if they *don't* get the two points necessary, but I assume they'll go back to their natural enrollment classes. Curious if they win a sectional and the IHSAA decides to keep them up for the next two years saying that would be similar to winning two sectional titles in the old system. 

COVID has created a lot of really weird dynamics and extending the cycle by one extra year (while also bumping teams due to SF without a reclassification) is one of them. It's also led to a three-team sectional in 6A, which means someone is going to play Nov. 5 after *two* weeks off. But once we get through this year, everything should go back to normal next summer. 

Add Webo to the bold, but this is the way I understand it also... 

17 hours ago, jets said:

I like to think of myself as fairly educated- I read this whole thread and still have no clue what is going on?!?! 

Last year, we won a sectional and regional so we were told we acquired enough points to stay in 3A for another 2 years (stupid) 

But at the end of this year- they are wiping the slate clean and just going by enrollment?? 

No. The success factor points gained in the last year or two will be applied to the 2022-24 reclassification. At that point, everyone's points reset to zero and a new two-year cycle begins. Southridge should remain in 3A through the 2022 and 2023 football seasons because it gained two points in 2020. COVID confuses things a lot because the IHSAA extended the classification cycle by one year but implemented success factor points. 

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

No. The success factor points gained in the last year or two will be applied to the 2022-24 reclassification. At that point, everyone's points reset to zero and a new two-year cycle begins. Southridge should remain in 3A through the 2022 and 2023 football seasons because it gained two points in 2020. COVID confuses things a lot because the IHSAA extended the classification cycle by one year but implemented success factor points. 

Wait a minute ...if you continue it to the 2023 season, that would be 3 seasons of success factor?? 

This year 2021

Next 2022 

This year we've already been bounced...and if we don't get enough points  next year, I was of the understanding we'd go back to our original classification?? 

40 minutes ago, jets said:

Wait a minute ...if you continue it to the 2023 season, that would be 3 seasons of success factor?? 

This year 2021

Next 2022 

This year we've already been bounced...and if we don't get enough points  next year, I was of the understanding we'd go back to our original classification?? 

The statement read... teams SF this yr... will remain in the new class next yr...  or some such thing... that would include LCC, Chartard....

On 10/28/2021 at 1:26 PM, jets said:

This year 2021

Next 2022 

Yes. Southridge gained 2 points for winning a regional in 2020. Success factor points gained from 2020 and 2021 will apply to the reclassification this coming year, so yes, Southridge will be in 3A through 2023. Some schools are going to spend an extra year "up," some will go down a year earlier than originally expected (New Pal, for example, goes back to 4A next year if it doesn't win the regional this year. If there had been a full reclassification last year, NP would've been in 5A through at least 2023). 

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

Yes. Southridge gained 2 points for winning a regional in 2020. Success factor points gained from 2020 and 2021 will apply to the reclassification this coming year, so yes, Southridge will be in 3A through 2023. Some schools are going to spend an extra year "up," some will go down a year earlier than originally expected (New Pal, for example, goes back to 4A next year if it doesn't win the regional this year. If there had been a full reclassification last year, NP would've been in 5A through at least 2023). 

That makes absolutely zero sense - and actually undermines the 2 YEAR part of the success factor?? By the above logic, we could not advance past the sectional round for 2 years, but still be required to stay in 3A? I'm not sure about all that....