Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 36 Championship - Tipton vs. Eastbrook

Eastbrook is favored by 14 points.  I think it could be that or more.  Eastbrook has had 3 or 4 starters out or limited for the last few weeks and I don’t think we’ve seen all of the starters healthy and on the field at the same time.  This week I think they should be at full strength and a little hungry for some redemption.  I do think Tipton is a talented football team, I just think that this Panthers team is one of the better ones in a couple of years.  It should be a fun game to watch.  Anyone have any thoughts?

8 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Eastbrook is favored by 14 points.  I think it could be that or more.  Eastbrook has had 3 or 4 starters out or limited for the last few weeks and I don’t think we’ve seen all of the starters healthy and on the field at the same time.  This week I think they should be at full strength and a little hungry for some redemption.  I do think Tipton is a talented football team, I just think that this Panthers team is one of the better ones in a couple of years.  It should be a fun game to watch.  Anyone have any thoughts?

I mean we heard this last year too and Tipton won by 17. I don’t really have a prediction other than I expect a great game that could go either way. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gibbs said:

These games between Tipton and and Eastbrook have been quite the home advantage for the Blue Devils. If this is at JAS this would be a blowout

The next game Eastbrook loses where their fans come on here and just admit they lost to a better team will be a first.  Here's a post during the 2019 state championship game they lost 44-7 where they were blaming officials.  Of course, when they get a "roughing the holder" penalty at home that literally turns a semi-state loss to Bremen into a semi-state win for Eastbrook, you don't hear a peep about officiating.  Or when Andrean is denied an onside kick at "JAS" they legitimately recovered late in another semi-state contest, no questioning the officiating then either.  Just when they get it handed to them by multiple touchdowns, it's all on the officiating.  

2 minutes ago, XStar said:

The next game Eastbrook loses where their fans come on here and just admit they lost to a better team will be a first.  Here's a post during the 2019 state championship game they lost 44-7 where they were blaming officials.  Of course, when they get a "roughing the holder" penalty at home that literally turns a semi-state loss to Bremen into a semi-state win for Eastbrook, you don't hear a peep about officiating.  Or when Andrean is denied an onside kick at "JAS" they legitimately recovered late in another semi-state contest, no questioning the officiating then either.  Just when they get it handed to them by multiple touchdowns, it's all on the officiating.  

You’re correct.  Sometimes the Eastbrook fan base isn’t well represented on this site.  The post I made is simply my opinion on what the outcome of this game will be.  I could be wrong.  We’ll know in a few days.  You on the other hand are about the worst Troll on The Grid!  I’ve not seen anyone on here that is simply critical and negative about one particular team!  You have a pleasant week.  

11 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

You’re correct.  Sometimes the Eastbrook fan base isn’t well represented on this site.  The post I made is simply my opinion on what the outcome of this game will be.  I could be wrong.  We’ll know in a few days.  You on the other hand are about the worst Troll on The Grid!  I’ve not seen anyone on here that is simply critical and negative about one particular team!  You have a pleasant week.  

I have no reason to dislike Eastbrook other than the way they represent themselves so if you think I'm "trolling" by stating the facts I have, so be it.  Notice that you never really debate what I've said, you just don't like that someone said it.  I've actually had to cheer for them a number of times in spite of these things.  It doesn't change reality though just because you don't like it.  But instead of reacting to your own fans acting like they do, you get upset when someone else responds in kind with facts.    

Edited by XStar
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, XStar said:

I have no reason to dislike Eastbrook other than the way they represent themselves so if you think I'm "trolling" by stating the facts I have, so be it.  I've actually had to cheer for them a number of times in spite of these things.  It doesn't change reality just because you don't like it.  But instead of reacting to your own fans acting like they do, you get upset when someone else responds in kind with facts.    

Nope, just you!  I’ve talked a number of people that are, or have been members on this site, that have issues with you and your dislike for the Eastbrook program.  I’ve seen you drag these conversations through the mud time and again, so I’m done with you.  Have a nice day.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Nope, just you!  I’ve talked a number of people that are, or have been members on this site, that have issues with you and your dislike for the Eastbrook program.  I’ve seen you drag these conversations through the mud time and again, so I’m done with you.  Have a nice day.

Yeah I imagine many Eastbrook fans don't like.  And I'm fine with that as I wouldn't want to group myself with them anyway given how they represent themselves.  Now, I hope you are actually done with me like you say since you don't want to deal with facts.  You just want to label me because you don't like the facts.  

• Kill me now 1

1 hour ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I think it’s safe to say it now guys…..Eastbrook Panthers 2021 2A Football State Champions!! 💪🏼💪🏼

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok! I guess I should have said, In my 'opinion' does that make it better? As a matter of fact, no where in my post did I mention a cause and effect, other than playing at JAS. Will this be a good game? I imagine it will! Could playing this game at Eastbrook be an advantage to the Panthers? In my opinion, as it is for Tipton, yes. Just the fact of playing at home. Some of have said Tipton has the better chance to go further in the tournament, that's hillarious to me! Eastbrook may very well be the Buffalo Bills of 2a Indiana High School football, per some of you professional gridiron gurus, but as a former parent of a player, I am proud of where we've been and where this program is going. I believe the Panthers will attain that state title before the Blue Devils ever do. In my opnion!

• Disdain 1

5 hours ago, Gibbs said:

These games between Tipton and and Eastbrook have been quite the home advantage for the Blue Devils. If this is at JAS this would be a blowout

Eastbrook does have an awfully purty field, whats the chances of getting it moved ? Tipton could still be the home team....on the scoreboard also ! 😉

2 minutes ago, Bonecrusher said:

Gotta go with Eastbrook, have extended family there.  Hope it's a good one with no injuries.

Eastbrook like to keep it on the ground, right?

Yes, they primarily run the ball, but they have had quite a bit more success throwing the ball this season.  #16 is one of the better QB’s to come through here.  I would say other than the offensive alignment before the play starts, Eastbrook and Tipton are about the same, as far as run to pass ratio.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

What are the chances that we move the game to Saturday and not tell #87 about it? That kid is a dynamic player!

Eli Carter is a stud. Just for debate, who would you take Carter from Tipton or Campbell from Ole Miss? Both are phenomenal HS running backs in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CICairRAID said:

Eli Carter is a stud. Just for debate, who would you take Carter from Tipton or Campbell from Ole Miss? Both are phenomenal HS running backs in my opinion.

#87 from Tipton!

39 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

He’s pretty electric. Hope it stays dry or I might petition to have the game moved to the Eastbrook turf. 

I’m a big believer of play it where it lies.  That’s the advantage or disadvantage of the draw.  It’s exciting and should be another great game!

3 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

#87 from Tipton!

Both are pretty special, my favorite part about them is how versatile they are within their offenses. Both I would label as "modern" backs with great running ability as well as being a threat to catch it out of the backfield.

4 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

I think it’s safe to say it now guys…..Eastbrook Panthers 2021 2A Football State Champions!! 💪🏼💪🏼

How do you see their (Eastbrook's) inevitable matchup with Eastside?  Much like it was 2 years ago?

Edited by XStar

1 hour ago, XStar said:

How do you see their (Eastbrook's) inevitable matchup with Eastside?  Much like it was 2 years ago?

Well, Eastside is rolling right now and they are undefeated. I think this time it’s much closer but as we’ve heard, if it’s at Eastbrook then that’s a tough hill to climb. I still like Eastbrook by a score though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, XStar said:

Of course, when they get a "roughing the holder" penalty at home that literally turns a semi-state loss to Bremen into a semi-state win for Eastbrook, you don't hear a peep about officiating. Or when Andrean is denied an onside kick at "JAS" they legitimately recovered late in another semi-state contest, no questioning the officiating then either.  

Were you even there? Have you seen the replay of the roughing call? As far as the onside kick..... it went 9 yards.

8 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

That's what trolls do. FACT.

The game we had hoped would happen has come to fruition.  Eastbrook wanting to avenge an early exit from the tournament last year, Tipton wanting to prove that last year wasn't a fluke and that they are the Panthers Kryptonite.  #1(2) Eastbrook at #6(8) Tipton. 

This Eastbrook defense seems to have a chip on it's shoulder, not just 1st string, every string wanting to prove a point.  Bend a little and break you more.  Can count on one hand how many TDs they have been allowed this season by the starters.   Offense, they run the ball, but as people are finding out they have passing threat now also.  Brings a great dynamic to an already high powered offense.

Tipton also looks to be well rounded.  QB that likes to throw and a very good RB.  I know that the coaching staff will have them well prepared and ready for this rematch.

Eastbrook still to much, running clock streak may end tonight.  Starters play all 4 quarters.  Panthers win by 20.

Sectional championship on the line. Coach Adamson's 300th win on the line.  Season on the line.  Can't wait for Friday Night!!!

Good luck to both teams.  Hope everybody stays healthy and injury free!

Safe travels to all family and fans!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 36_Belly said:

That's what trolls do. FACT.

Call me whatever you want to.  You can't address the content.  You guys should just feel fortunate we don't have more in-depth conversations about Eastbrook football.

Also, at least I contribute financially to keep this site up and running.  Why is it that none of the Eastbrook fans here are listed as boosters?

Is $30/year too much to ask so you can start a weekly thread for CIC football and boast about beating terrible teams and act as if other people are impressed by a "running clock streak" against a CIC schedule?

• Disdain 1