Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

Indiana University Hoosiers Football 2022


HHF
 Share

Recommended Posts

Finally some good news.  IU finds its 2022 QB out of Missouri in the transfer portal. Connor Bazelak is 6-3, 215 and put up some nice numbers for the Tigers in the SEC.  Was a 4 Star coming out of Ohio 

This appears to be a vote of no confidence in Tuttle and perhaps a stop gap until McCulley grows into the position.

Finally some hope in Bloomington.

https://247sports.com/Article/Missouri-QB-transfer-Connor-Bazelak-commits-to-Indiana-179970398/

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4426444/connor-bazelak

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HHF said:

Finally some good news.  IU finds its 2022 QB out of Missouri in the transfer portal. Connor Bazelak is 6-3, 215 and put up some nice numbers for the Tigers in the SEC.  Was a 4 Star coming out of Ohio 

This appears to be a vote of no confidence in Tuttle and perhaps a stop gap until McCulley grows into the position.

Finally some hope in Bloomington.

https://247sports.com/Article/Missouri-QB-transfer-Connor-Bazelak-commits-to-Indiana-179970398/

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4426444/connor-bazelak

I don’t think it is a dis on Tuttle, as he was capable, but definitely some more security for the position. Man, the cupboard   was bare last year.  Hopefully, McCulley is the guy next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HHF said:

Finally some good news.  IU finds its 2022 QB out of Missouri in the transfer portal. Connor Bazelak is 6-3, 215 and put up some nice numbers for the Tigers in the SEC.  Was a 4 Star coming out of Ohio 

This appears to be a vote of no confidence in Tuttle and perhaps a stop gap until McCulley grows into the position.

Finally some hope in Bloomington.

https://247sports.com/Article/Missouri-QB-transfer-Connor-Bazelak-commits-to-Indiana-179970398/

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4426444/connor-bazelak

I am not sure a stop gap....he has 3 years of eligibility I believe.  He was Missouri's number 1 guy last year with some solid stats in the SEC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I am not sure a stop gap....he has 3 years of eligibility I believe.  He was Missouri's number 1 guy last year with some solid stats in the SEC.

I read last week that he had entered the transfer portal and immediately thought he could be a perfect fit for IU.  Have a good feeling about this.  Not sure if 3 years is accurate.  If yers, that would be fantastic.  I have a feeling the staff has soured on McCulley's ability to develop into a D1 QB.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HHF said:

I read last week that he had entered the transfer portal and immediately thought he could be a perfect fit for IU.  Have a good feeling about this.  Not sure if 3 years is accurate.  If yers, that would be fantastic.  I have a feeling the staff has soured on McCulley's ability to develop into a D1 QB.  

ESPN reported 3 years....not sure if accurate.  Did indicate he was SEC co-freshman of the year in 2020...and I believe everyone got a free year for 2020 with Covid.  From Dayton, so not that far from Btown.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33007624/connor-bazelak-commits-indiana-hoosiers-college-football-transfer-portal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, HHF said:

Finally some good news.  IU finds its 2022 QB out of Missouri in the transfer portal. Connor Bazelak is 6-3, 215 and put up some nice numbers for the Tigers in the SEC.  Was a 4 Star coming out of Ohio 

This appears to be a vote of no confidence in Tuttle and perhaps a stop gap until McCulley grows into the position.

Finally some hope in Bloomington.

https://247sports.com/Article/Missouri-QB-transfer-Connor-Bazelak-commits-to-Indiana-179970398/

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4426444/connor-bazelak

2. We are in the early stages of the fall of Tom Allen at IU.  The massive hole the Hoosiers dug for themselves in 2021 is too big to dig out from.  Allen has already had his best recruiting class (2018) and his best record (2020) so its all downhill from here.  Greg Schiano has Rutgers on a quick rise.  They have already passed the Hoosiers.  Maryland has much more talent.  And OSU, UM, PSU and MSU seem like they are light years away.  Dark days are coming to IU”

“Gotta give Coach Allen is just due.  He turned a marage of a half season in the Covid era into a lifelong annuity for his family that will take care of the next few generations of Allens.

All the "LEO" BS paid off handsomely for the highschool coach.

Kudos to TA. He's a magician.  Or better than that, an illusionist.  He created the "illusion" that there was a competitive Big Ten football team assembling in Bloomington, Indiana.  Most of you goofs bought into it.  

9 wins!  Really? Visions of Jim Mora are flying thru my head.”

 

I guess you got up on the other side of the bed today. 
 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

2. We are in the early stages of the fall of Tom Allen at IU.  The massive hole the Hoosiers dug for themselves in 2021 is too big to dig out from.  Allen has already had his best recruiting class (2018) and his best record (2020) so its all downhill from here.  Greg Schiano has Rutgers on a quick rise.  They have already passed the Hoosiers.  Maryland has much more talent.  And OSU, UM, PSU and MSU seem like they are light years away.  Dark days are coming to IU”

“Gotta give Coach Allen is just due.  He turned a marage of a half season in the Covid era into a lifelong annuity for his family that will take care of the next few generations of Allens.

All the "LEO" BS paid off handsomely for the highschool coach.

Kudos to TA. He's a magician.  Or better than that, an illusionist.  He created the "illusion" that there was a competitive Big Ten football team assembling in Bloomington, Indiana.  Most of you goofs bought into it.  

9 wins!  Really? Visions of Jim Mora are flying thru my head.”

 

I guess you got up on the other side of the bed today. 
 

 

 

 

My stuff is so good that you had to consolidate it all, repost and re read it over again.  Hope you enjoyed it the second time thru.

I remain deeply skeptical about IUs chances for any level of success.  The QB was an absolute "must get" in order for this team to be even slightly competitive next season.  I have no idea who our receiving corps will be as graduation and transfers have gutted that unit.  The 5 star transfer from USC is a mystery and it looks like Charlie Spiegel is our top returning RB.  Hope Allen can find someone to catch the football.  All this great recruiting we have heard about for the past 3 years and what does this team have to show for it?  Allen should be going into his 5th season with a full ahead of steam and a roster loaded with his hand picked players.  Hoosiers will limp into the season as the 14th best team in a 14 team conference.  God awful.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HHF said:

My stuff is so good that you had to consolidate it all, repost and re read it over again.  Hope you enjoyed it the second time thru.

I remain deeply skeptical about IUs chances for any level of success.  The QB was an absolute "must get" in order for this team to be even slightly competitive next season.  I have no idea who our receiving corps will be as graduation and transfers have gutted that unit.  The 5 star transfer from USC is a mystery and it looks like Charlie Spiegel is our top returning RB.  Hope Allen can find someone to catch the football.  All this great recruiting we have heard about for the past 3 years and what does this team have to show for it?  Allen should be going into his 5th season with a full ahead of steam and a roster loaded with his hand picked players.  Hoosiers will limp into the season as the 14th best team in a 14 team conference.  God awful.  

You really haven’t a clue. Last year’s catastrophe was a result largely from an ineffective offensive coordinator and an injury plagued offensive line. QB is important but Tuttle would have been a whole lot better had he had protection (same for the LN kid).

They were never as good as their record in 2020, nor as bad as their record in 2021. Some where in between in 2022, but certainly not 14th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

You really haven’t a clue. Last year’s catastrophe was a result largely from an ineffective offensive coordinator and an injury plagued offensive line. QB is important but Tuttle would have been a whole lot better had he had protection (same for the LN kid).

They were never as good as their record in 2020, nor as bad as their record in 2021. Some where in between in 2022, but certainly not 14th.

Given where we are TODAY, can you name one Big Ten program in worse shape than IU?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, HHF said:

On talent alone, NE would beat this IU team 8 out of 10

In spite of all their problems and issues, NE is much more talented than IU, ranking #23 on the composite.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

You own so much space in this dude’s head.  He tries so hard to pretend you are irrelevant and still feels the need to throw shade and attempt to rebuke every point/post you make.

Its comical.

55 minutes ago, HHF said:

Given where we are TODAY, can you name one Big Ten program in worse shape than IU?

There isn’t one.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, HHF said:

On talent alone, NE would beat this IU team 8 out of 10

In spite of all their problems and issues, NE is much more talented than IU, ranking #23 on the composite.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

That composite does well for a coach that has a 15-29 record and is under investigation by the NCAA.  Huskers have been frosted.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

That composite does well for a coach that has a 15-29 record and is under investigation by the NCAA.  Huskers have been frosted.

 

Yet still get 90+k into their stadium weekly while IU can’t even sell out “The Rock” when Cincinnati/OSU come to Bloomington.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recruiting class rankings....as we all know, osu is in a world of its own in the conference. But IU's class is ranked 4th. It's not often they are ranked that high. In fact, I am willing to bet it is rare for them to be. I find it hard to believe that some think its program is in the worst shape in the conference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Recruiting class rankings....as we all know, osu is in a world of its own in the conference. But IU's class is ranked 4th. It's not often they are ranked that high. In fact, I am willing to bet it is rare for them to be. I find it hard to believe that some think its program is in the worst shape in the conference. 

What, other than hope and a fluke pandemic season, are you selling?

Every team in the East is in better shape.

In the west?

Northwestern maybe?  But they were just in Indy in 2020.

Even Illinois looked much better this year and is trending up with Beilema.

 

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

What, other than hope and a fluke pandemic season, are you selling?

Every team in the East is in better shape.

In the west?

Northwestern maybe?  But they were just in Indy in 2020.

Even Illinois looked much better this year and is trending up with Beilema.

 

This is about next season........just like 2020 was no reflection of what IU did this last season, this season is no reflection of what will happen next season. Northwestern being in Indy says a LOT more about the imbalance in the divisions than anything else. Like I said, IU's recruiting class for this coming season is ranked 4th in the conference. Illinois and Northwestern were ranked 12 and 13. And while Nebraska may still sell out, their recruiting class is 14th in the conference. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Irishman said:

This is about next season........just like 2020 was no reflection of what IU did this last season, this season is no reflection of what will happen next season. Northwestern being in Indy says a LOT more about the imbalance in the divisions than anything else. Like I said, IU's recruiting class for this coming season is ranked 4th in the conference. Illinois and Northwestern were ranked 12 and 13. And while Nebraska may still sell out, their recruiting class is 14th in the conference. 

But I have much more data than just 2021 that proves I’m right.  Recruiting is only part of the equation.

Are they as good as 2020?  Nope.

Are they as bad as 2021?  Probably not.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Irishman said:

This is about next season........just like 2020 was no reflection of what IU did this last season, this season is no reflection of what will happen next season. Northwestern being in Indy says a LOT more about the imbalance in the divisions than anything else. Like I said, IU's recruiting class for this coming season is ranked 4th in the conference. Illinois and Northwestern were ranked 12 and 13. And while Nebraska may still sell out, their recruiting class is 14th in the conference. 

IUs 4 star recruits in the Allen era have been a near complete bust.

As of today, 

* We have no QB.  Just signed one through the portal.  Will see how that works out.

* Charlie Spiegel is our top RB.  He is a MAC player at best

* We've lost all of our receivers to graduation and to the portal.  I cant name a single impact receiver coming back

* We had the worst offensive line in the conference.  It takes years to develop a line.  We are starting from scratch.

* Defense?  Remember all the talk about Ius vastly improved defense.  Hoosiers finished 14th in the Big Ten, giving up 33ppg.

Rutgers has Schiano

Illinois has Bielema

Minnesota has the Boat Boy

Purdue has an NFL calibre coordinator

IU has a high school coach

Program in deep trouble.  

2-10, maybe 3-9 in 2022.

Show me more than 3 wins on this schedule

https://fbschedules.com/2022-indiana-football-schedule/

https://bigten.org/stats.aspx?path=football&year=2021

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HHF said:

IUs 4 star recruits in the Allen era have been a near complete bust.

As of today, 

* We have no QB.  Just signed one through the portal.  Will see how that works out.

* Charlie Spiegel is our top RB.  He is a MAC player at best

* We've lost all of our receivers to graduation and to the portal.  I cant name a single impact receiver coming back

* We had the worst offensive line in the conference.  It takes years to develop a line.  We are starting from scratch.

* Defense?  Remember all the talk about Ius vastly improved defense.  Hoosiers finished 14th in the Big Ten, giving up 33ppg.

Rutgers has Schiano

Illinois has Bielema

Minnesota has the Boat Boy

Purdue has an NFL calibre coordinator

IU has a high school coach

Program in deep trouble.  

2-10, maybe 3-9 in 2022.

Show me more than 3 wins on this schedule

https://fbschedules.com/2022-indiana-football-schedule/

https://bigten.org/stats.aspx?path=football&year=2021

 

 

 

2-10? or even 3-9? seriously? I get this season was a huge let down, but come on. I am not expecting huge things for them next year, but it will not be as bad as this last season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Irishman said:

2-10? or even 3-9? seriously? I get this season was a huge let down, but come on. I am not expecting huge things for them next year, but it will not be as bad as this last season. 

Show me the wins on the schedule

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, HHF said:

IUs 4 star recruits in the Allen era have been a near complete bust.

As of today, 

* We have no QB.  Just signed one through the portal.  Will see how that works out.

* Charlie Spiegel is our top RB.  He is a MAC player at best

* We've lost all of our receivers to graduation and to the portal.  I cant name a single impact receiver coming back

* We had the worst offensive line in the conference.  It takes years to develop a line.  We are starting from scratch.

* Defense?  Remember all the talk about Ius vastly improved defense.  Hoosiers finished 14th in the Big Ten, giving up 33ppg.

Rutgers has Schiano

Illinois has Bielema

Minnesota has the Boat Boy

Purdue has an NFL calibre coordinator

IU has a high school coach

Program in deep trouble.  

2-10, maybe 3-9 in 2022.

Show me more than 3 wins on this schedule

https://fbschedules.com/2022-indiana-football-schedule/

https://bigten.org/stats.aspx?path=football&year=2021

 

 

 

I could see 4-6 if things go well.

Northwestern, Idaho, WKU, Maryland, Rutgers, Purdue

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, HHF said:

Show me the wins on the schedule

Nothing is certain, but the first 7 games on their schedule are games they should compete/win. Still don’t like that the 4 teams of osu, Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State are in a row, but Michigan State and Penn State will have already played osu, so that may help some as far as rankings go. 
 

Desmond Ridder is gone at UC, IU should have beat them. Michigan State was a pretender all along and IU should have won that one too. The first 3 games should be wins. Outside of playing IU, I do kind of root for Fitz and NW. it’s a first class program and Fitz is a good dude. But IU should beat them. Purdue may have a reality check this next season. More than being a good coordinator, Brohm is better at developing QB’s, but the fact is David Bell was a difference maker. They do catch a break in not playing either Michigan or osu. The defense is losing key players too, especially GK. Rutgers has not had a good recruiting year so far. The injuries had taken their toll on IU by mid November, and as I said, last season is no indication as to how this season will go. A team to watch may be the Terps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Nothing is certain, but the first 7 games on their schedule are games they should compete/win. Still don’t like that the 4 teams of osu, Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State are in a row, but Michigan State and Penn State will have already played osu, so that may help some as far as rankings go. 
 

Desmond Ridder is gone at UC, IU should have beat them. Michigan State was a pretender all along and IU should have won that one too. The first 3 games should be wins. Outside of playing IU, I do kind of root for Fitz and NW. it’s a first class program and Fitz is a good dude. But IU should beat them. Purdue may have a reality check this next season. More than being a good coordinator, Brohm is better at developing QB’s, but the fact is David Bell was a difference maker. They do catch a break in not playing either Michigan or osu. The defense is losing key players too, especially GK. Rutgers has not had a good recruiting year so far. The injuries had taken their toll on IU by mid November, and as I said, last season is no indication as to how this season will go. A team to watch may be the Terps.

I stopped after the second “should have.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...