Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

At this point, they may as well just do away with kids sitting out. I know that we have a kid from Louisville that is a RB and is supposed to be really good but he can't play until week 4 I think.

This is not Nam Smokey, it’s league play, there are rules. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Fair enough 

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

BTW. Epic movie.

On 6/7/2024 at 10:27 AM, Impartial_Observer said:

As funny as that scene is, it doesn’t have me rolling quite like the scene where Walter dumps Donny’s ashes and they end up in The Dude’s face. Walter’s speech leading up to it adds to the hilarity, especially the ‘Nam references. I’m literally laughing my head off as I type this. 

9 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

As funny as that scene is, it doesn’t have me rolling quite like the scene where Walter dumps Donny’s ashes and they end up in The Dude’s face. Walter’s speech leading up to it adds to the hilarity, especially the ‘Nam references. I’m literally laughing my head off as I type this. 

The Dude abides. 

On 6/12/2024 at 11:53 AM, Fkfootball said:

I remember how long it took me to finally watch The Big Lebowski, after being ridiculed by several people for not seeing it. And then when I watched it, I ridiculed myself as to "why in the hell did it take so long to watch this instant classic?"

Get back to me when you’ve seen it a minimum of 17 times, you should be starting to get it by then…..it’s a way of life. 

• Like 1

Hearing some good things out of the Jennings County football program. New coach Jason Burton has scouted previous teams and noticed how weak they were (due to a lack of a weight program) and how tired/beat up they were (due to having multiple players go both ways). He has the kids hitting the weights hard this offseason to keep them from getting pushed around. He is also striving to get numbers on the team. There are a few new players and I’ve heard the numbers are in the 50s as of now. He really wants the numbers higher so that he has little to no players playing both sides of the ball.

In addition, I’ve heard he brought in some Marine sergeants to lead the team through Marine drills to improve their conditioning. We’ll see how all of this translates on the gridiron but these seem like good steps to improving the state of Jennings County football. As @Impartial_Observer has mentioned, the biggest key is having a coach committed in the long term that will build the program up. Jennings County’s high coaching turnover rate in football and boys basketball has really stunted the growth of the programs, the excitement from the fan base, and the commitment from some players who have rightfully lost faith.

4 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

No matter how you feel about us, you have to admit that this is pretty impressive. That strength coach is legit. I saw some of the Squat and Bench #s for the Football team lately.

IMG_1817.png

So what did they not win a conference title in? Wrestling, boys basketball, girls basketball, gymnastics…Is there anything else?

8 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

So what did they not win a conference title in? Wrestling, boys basketball, girls basketball, gymnastics…Is there anything else?

They won it Wrestling. I guess it was omitted accidentally. They actually won the State Championship in Wrestling. It's not IHSAA sanctioned. It's something else. Had 3 Wrestlers finish runner up in the State Championship.

Boys Basketball was extremely good for about 8 years. But they're in a lull right now. It may be a while before they're relevant again. New Albany and Jeffersonville are loaded in basketball but that's the only sport they care about.

Girls Basketball is getting better. They just hired a coach that took Salem to the State Championship game.