Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Duneland athletic conference week 1

On 8/23/2022 at 7:11 AM, Bobref said:

Broken collarbone. I haven’t heard whether he needed surgery or not. If he did, he’s done. If not, there’s a chance he’d be back for the playoffs.

Andrean QB did break his collarbone (non throwing shoulder) and had surgery yesterday.  He is out for the entire season. Big loss for Andrean. This coupled with the transfer of Stephens to Merrillville 2 weeks before season opener and loss of high impact freshman (week before opener) due to back injury, Andrean has some work to do. Stephens was arguably Andrean's 2-3rd best player. Schedule doesn't get easier either, CP this week and Crete Monee (IL) next week.

Game vs Merrillville was 13-7 game to start 4th quarter. Defense played great but was on field for the entire game. They just wore down in the 4th. Marshall RB for Merrillville, a Colorado State commit, is a very special player. Andrean offense was horrendous. Lost QB toward end of 1st quarter but back up didn't play bad. Credit Merrillville defense, not big very fast and athletic. Andrean offensive line is a huge liability for this team. They were just simply put... bad.

CP this week, a different kind of test for Andrean. CP is huge up front on offense as they were last year. My opinion, big but slow. CP RB is big strong runner. Can Andrean defense hold up vs CP size? They did last year but an entire new front for Andrean this year. Offensively for Andrean, CP defense not nearly as athletic as Merrillville. Can Andrean offensive line show must needed improvement in one week? Can new QB play well? I think the QB has skill. Athlete with a strong arm and above average runner. The bottom line is you could have Aaron Rodgers back there and he wouldn't be able to do anything  if this oline does not improve. All in all, a tall task for Andrean this week.

54 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Andrean QB did break his collarbone (non throwing shoulder) and had surgery yesterday.  He is out for the entire season. Big loss for Andrean. This coupled with the transfer of Stephens to Merrillville 2 weeks before season opener and loss of high impact freshman (week before opener) due to back injury, Andrean has some work to do. Stephens was arguably Andrean's 2-3rd best player. Schedule doesn't get easier either, CP this week and Crete Monee (IL) next week.

Game vs Merrillville was 13-7 game to start 4th quarter. Defense played great but was on field for the entire game. They just wore down in the 4th. Marshall RB for Merrillville, a Colorado State commit, is a very special player. Andrean offense was horrendous. Lost QB toward end of 1st quarter but back up didn't play bad. Credit Merrillville defense, not big very fast and athletic. Andrean offensive line is a huge liability for this team. They were just simply put... bad.

CP this week, a different kind of test for Andrean. CP is huge up front on offense as they were last year. My opinion, big but slow. CP RB is big strong runner. Can Andrean defense hold up vs CP size? They did last year but an entire new front for Andrean this year. Offensively for Andrean, CP defense not nearly as athletic as Merrillville. Can Andrean offensive line show must needed improvement in one week? Can new QB play well? I think the QB has skill. Athlete with a strong arm and above average runner. The bottom line is you could have Aaron Rodgers back there and he wouldn't be able to do anything  if this oline does not improve. All in all, a tall task for Andrean this week.

This is the big key for the Niners. Their line struggled quite a bit last year as well until they shuffled some guys around, and the Rensselaer game was a big turning point when they didn't throw a single pass and put the entire game on the running game and the line. I fully expect the Niners to lose these next two weeks (CP really impressed me last week and Crete-Monee is a very good program that just played in IL's Final 4). However, they should be able to build some postseason momentum when the play EC and then start conference play. I didn't see the QB play but according to Skinner he and Ballentine were splitting 1st team reps over the summer so maybe there won't be too much of a drop-off. Was the freshmen you're talking about the Bolz (unsure of spelling) kid?  

2 hours ago, scarab527 said:

This is the big key for the Niners. Their line struggled quite a bit last year as well until they shuffled some guys around, and the Rensselaer game was a big turning point when they didn't throw a single pass and put the entire game on the running game and the line. I fully expect the Niners to lose these next two weeks (CP really impressed me last week and Crete-Monee is a very good program that just played in IL's Final 4). However, they should be able to build some postseason momentum when the play EC and then start conference play. I didn't see the QB play but according to Skinner he and Ballentine were splitting 1st team reps over the summer so maybe there won't be too much of a drop-off. Was the freshmen you're talking about the Bolz (unsure of spelling) kid?  

Yes, it is Bolz. I don't know the extent of his injury and how long he will be on the shelf. 

I also agree that the offensive line was a problem last year. They really only began to play better last year once the playoffs began and faced 2A defenses. There are quite a few returning starters on this line and I was expecting an improved performance this year. I didn't see it last Friday. It's still early and they have a new o line coach. Let's see how they improve.

The back up now starting QB is an athlete and is capable from a physical skills standpoint. We shall see if he mentally can handle it. Andrean's offense puts alot on their QB to make the correct reads in both their passing game and RPO packages. We shall see on this as well.

No panic on Broadway but off to a challenging start to repeat as Conference and State title winners.

2 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

Yes, it is Bolz. I don't know the extent of his injury and how long he will be on the shelf. 

I also agree that the offensive line was a problem last year. They really only began to play better last year once the playoffs began and faced 2A defenses. There are quite a few returning starters on this line and I was expecting an improved performance this year. I didn't see it last Friday. It's still early and they have a new o line coach. Let's see how they improve.

The back up now starting QB is an athlete and is capable from a physical skills standpoint. We shall see if he mentally can handle it. Andrean's offense puts alot on their QB to make the correct reads in both their passing game and RPO packages. We shall see on this as well.

No panic on Broadway but off to a challenging start to repeat as Conference and State title winners.

Yeah, I also was expecting them to be solid with the number of returners they brought back. We'll see how they progress as the season goes and if some pieces get moved around. Playing larger competition definitely paid dividends last year in the playoffs. Hopefully the new QB can step in and be solid. Conference will still be right there for them and the postseason is 'nother ball game. 

On 8/24/2022 at 12:32 PM, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Maybe he thinks Lafayette and Fort Wayne are inside of Indianapolis???

Wait...............Fort Wayne? I think they have more wins against Indy than they do Fort Wayne. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Wait...............Fort Wayne? I think they have more wins against Indy than they do Fort Wayne. 

Correction. They are 1-1 vs Fort Wayne. Just doublechecked Temp's work, they are 1-12 vs Indy. 

I actually enjoy your commentary Piratefan. But where did you get your information? Merrillville's actual winning percentage against Indy is .083.